Barca Transfers and Rumors

Chainsaw

Killahead
So Messi alone is a guarantee for trophies? Dude this is not a fucking tennis. This is a team sport. Even Messi can't win CL or La Liga on his own. He needs a team of great players to win everything.

But ok lets say we give up on Coutinho and Dembele, who should we buy then? Or are you just proposing that we buy no one and accept the fact we will be even worse this year and start building a new stadium for Paco and Gomes?

Who said Messi "alone" is a guarantee for trophies? He's an established superstar. If someone comes up and pay 300m for him he's worth it, even at his age. What the hell the likes Coutinho and Dembele did to deserve these insane amounts?

I'm not a scout, and I don't follow football as before to have a keen eye on who is right for Barca to sign. This is their job. This is their responsibilities to look and find the right players for the right prices. If Liverpool and Dortmund were going to negotiate for something around 60-80m, then I say by all means go for it. But with the prices I read, 120m...140m... these are ridiculous! These clubs are laughing at us with these insane amounts! Go and find other players. These two are not the only players who could improve Barca in the whole wide world!

Barcilliant

All reports out of Liverpool say that Coutinho is staying. I just don't see it happening.

If we are to have a good season Messi will need to be in Goat mode, Valverde will need his tactics spot on and the rest of the supporting cast will have to chip in.

It's going to be real interesting to see how we go up against Real in the Super Cup with our current squad.

opjeoff

No with James it wasn't but what about Isco, Asensio, Kovacic, Modric and now Ceballos? Is that all just luck by Uncle Flo? They sold their backup striker for 80 mil!!!

And regarding Danilo there is no way in hell we could do that. Come on we lost Sandro for free, we lost Grimaldo for free, we lost Thiago for 22 mil.

Difference is when players leave Barca, they do so because they want to. Whether for more playing time or whatever. Danilo was probably content with staying at Madrid, which made negociating with City easier for Madrid. Thiago on the other hand, wanted to leave and Bayern knew this, meaning 22m was all they were willing to pay.
I agree with you though, Madrid have really left us in the dirt with thier signings recently.

vlad

Who said Messi "alone" is a guarantee for trophies? He's an established superstar. If someone comes up and pay 300m for him he's worth it, even at his age. What the hell the likes Coutinho and Dembele did to deserve these insane amounts?

I'm not a scout, and I don't follow football as before to have a keen eye on who is right for Barca to sign. This is their job. This is their responsibilities to look and find the right players for the right prices. If Liverpool and Dortmund were going to negotiate for something around 60-80m, then I say by all means go for it. But with the prices I read, 120m...140m... these are ridiculous! These clubs are laughing at us with these insane amounts! Go and find other players. These two are not the only players who could improve Barca in the whole wide world!

This, and then excuse how there is not quality players out there, where from did real pull off asensio? Bayern bought d. costa for how much? I also dont scout players im not interested in this, if i would be payed for this then yes, but saying how there is not many choices out there, and again every year we have some superstar who was bought for small amount then his price goes up, lets buy him! Its board fault, they dont read this forum, but its funny to see how many barca fans here really take this so easily

Chainsaw

Killahead
Borussia Dortmund have told Barcelona they'd want €150m (£135m) for Ousmane Dembélé. They signed him for €15m last summer

Liverpool have received no further contact of any kind from Barcelona about Philippe Coutinho since original enquiry almost 3 weeks ago

:neutral:

Only "a matter of hours" before they change that again!

Trickykid

No with James it wasn't but what about Isco, Asensio, Kovacic, Modric and now Ceballos? Is that all just luck by Uncle Flo? They sold their backup striker for 80 mil!!!

And regarding Danilo there is no way in hell we could do that. We lost Sandro for free, we lost Grimaldo for free, we lost Thiago for 22 mil come on.

They have made lots of great signings, but very few of those were results of those fantastic negotiating skills you're talking about. If Barça had had the common sense to seek them out, we wouldn't have paid more.

You fail to mention that that so called backup striker is fairly young and had one of the best goals to minute ratios in La Liga, and if Zidane wasn't Zidane, said backup striker would've been a clear starter ahead of Benz.

Out board has heaps of terrible buys and sales, but that doesn't mean that all they touch turn to shit - just like it doesn't mean they're necessarily the culprit in the case of Coutinho and Dembele, where their clubs are loathe to sell and obviously are busting our balls because Nerman fucked us over.

Again, you fail to acknowledge that we got the RB 90% of this forum pined for.

mia7007

If we cannot sign WC players, why not to gamble on potential WC players that are still cheap like Weigl and Pullisic from Dortmund or Dollberg, Kluivert, Zayech, Sanchez, De Leit and Younes from Ajax

raskolnikov

If we cannot sign WC players, why not to gamble on potential WC players that are still cheap like Weigl and Pullisic from Dortmund or Dollberg, Kluivert, Zayech, Sanchez, De Leit and Younes from Ajax
Thats what we should do more often anyway. Get back to la masia roots, smart young buys and the occasional star.
No we have turned into Galactica Real. Always a few steps behind.

Icarium

Lifestealer

We just lost the third best player in the world. Gamble is not what we should do. Quality signings should happen for us to compete.

Because we are not Ajax, Dortmund or Porto. We need players who can provide now and help us get back to top of la liga and europe.

Zuti

This, and then excuse how there is not quality players out there, where from did real pull off asensio? Bayern bought d. costa for how much? I also dont scout players im not interested in this, if i would be payed for this then yes, but saying how there is not many choices out there, and again every year we have some superstar who was bought for small amount then his price goes up, lets buy him! Its board fault, they dont read this forum, but its funny to see how many barca fans here really take this so easily

I understand where this all is coming from, I too think that both Dembele and Coutinho are overpriced AF, BUT, what is the alternative right here right now to stay competitive for this season in LA Liga and Cl? I can propose world peace too, but without the idea how to pull it off, it useless jibber jabber.

Home of Barca Fans