Barca Transfers and Rumors

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we don't get those two, it is not the end of the world. We play Deulofeu as LW and we have MSD. Midfield already is better and more compact with Valverde's tactics. We just keep knocking those doors then.

I have doubts about the immediate impact of those two will bring us anyway.

Hektor

They keep saying that it is a matter of hours before Coutinho and Dembélé become Barça players. There are hours also in weeks, months, years, decades, and even centuries.

Last edited:

raki

Those deals being a laughing stock don't make paying 100m for the likes of Dembele and Coutinho any less of a laughing stock than any of them!

It's just that the prices have become so insane in this transfer market that led people into believing that it's actually "Ok" to pay these amounts for the likes of Dembele and Countinho, Paul Pogba who was considered one of the best midfielders in the world (some saying the best) went to Manchester United for the same amount last summer, and even many criticized his price for being too much. What exactly the likes of Dembele and Coutinho achieved to deserve these crazy numbers?? It's just their clubs playing hard balls now because firstly they know Barca is in desperate needs of reinforcements, and second because the Neymar deal actually messed up an already messed up market even more, so each club tries to bleed you dry if you are interested in signing one of their star players!

I say damn with these fuckers. Place a 60-80m "take it or leave it" offer and don't waste any more time hanging around if they rejected it.

Still waiting for your options. With the 60-80m "take it or leave it" option you suggest you end up with which players?

raki

This board is a not sense.
We need almost 2 top players as soon as possible.

Deals like this are tricky. Why do we need them ASAP? The 2 games with Madrid are gone. The start of La Liga is easy.
Rushing deals means paying more.

raki

If we cannot sign WC players, why not to gamble on potential WC players that are still cheap like Weigl and Pullisic from Dortmund or Dollberg, Kluivert, Zayech, Sanchez, De Leit and Younes from Ajax

Because we want to win and not stay in 4th.

Zincubus

Banned
I agree with you but on the other hand what did Pogba achieve? What did Lukaku achieve?

Lukaku is a stump , he's second touch is normally a tackle !

He missed a tap-in from two yards yesterday in practically an open goal - blasted over the bar by rushing the chance !

What did he cost them ?? No wonder many of the United fans are hoping Ibra re-signs with them ..

Hektor

We are probably in alternative timeline where seconds mean hours minutes mean days and hours means weeks.

There is one logical and scientific explanation. The news about Coutinho might be reaching Barcelona at the speed of light. According to Albert Einstein (of E = MC2 fame) when you reach the speed of light time comes to standstill (or something like that.) Therefore, 1/1,000,000 sec = one year in real time. We are waiting for the news about Coutinho to decelerate. It might take a year or two of our time, though. :fishing:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Still waiting for your options. With the 60-80m "take it or leave it" option you suggest you end up with which players?

I answered in the previous page. I don't have any players in mind because I havent been following anyone that seriously. But Coutinho and Dembele are not the only two players in the world who could improve FC Barcelona. I'm sure if the board weren't dicking around so much they could find the right players with reasonable prices by now. But their typical "obsessions" with certain players have led us to a point that the clubs are asking for twice as their players' worth. I mean, only Coutinho and Dembele can improve this team? Are they even that good?? Barcelona is a totally different kind of Animal compare to Liverpool and Dortmund. Their clubs dont want to reduce their insane asking price? Then move on to the another target.

Hektor

Lukaku is a stump , he's second touch is normally a tackle !

He missed a tap-in from two yards yesterday in practically an open goal - blasted over the bar by rushing the chance !

What did he cost them ?? No wonder many of the United fans are hoping Ibra re-signs with them ..

Do not be too harsh on Lukaku. Many times he gets confused and thinks he is playing American Football, instead.:yes:

Zincubus

Banned
The real sad thing for me is that it looks as though we are simply NOT going to get Couthinho this summer ...

I've watched Couthinho for years now and Barca for decades and this guy is the most obvious fit for our team !!

It's not even a risk given that he's got a proven record playing with Suarez and anyone can link up with Messi ..

I'm seriously worried for our future if we fail to land this guy .

kilian

He may be an obvious fit, but paying 150 million for him would be really bad. He is not that good, nor is Dembele.

When I see all this shit, I`m starting to think it wouldn`t be a bad idea to bring back Sanchez for 40-50 million. He is a proven top class player, who knows the club. With that buy, we would have a top class trio upfront and still a shitload of money to plan for the future.

SimoSky

Deals like this are tricky. Why do we need them ASAP? The 2 games with Madrid are gone. The start of La Liga is easy.
Rushing deals means paying more.

Barca win nothing in the last season.
Iniesta is no more good enough for higest level.
Rakitic, André Gomes, Rafinha and Arda Turan are mediocre players.
Messi and Suarez has 1 year more.
We don't have Neymar no more.

Barca NEEDS 2 top-players, there's no discussion on this.

Verratti, Jean Seri, Eriksen, Coutinho, Dele Alli --> 1 of these.
+
O.Dembélé, Mbappe, Griezmann, Dybala, Draxler, F.Carrasco --> 1 of these.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans