Barca Transfers and Rumors

FC433

totally agree. im more baffled why he wanted to come back and that was before Neymar left.

Dolberg has a bright future, Barca fan too. would love to buy him and loan him back to Ajax but i can see Monaco buying him to replace Mbappe and then fleecing us 100m+ in the future :lol:

That is going to be another mistake. We had the chance to sign Dembele last season. I know he rejected us, but if we had told him that we were going to loan him I do not think he would have refused. The same for Dybala and maybe Dolberg? Madrid did well when they bought Asensio and loaned him right away.

Brandt is apparently one of Dortmund's target. How is he? Diawara?

wisconsincule

Dembele is worth paying for him 100m+ We do not have decent wingers in our academy and I think we should get him this season. Coutinho and Seri? I am not too sure because we have young players who deserve another chance.

I'm on the Dembele wagon. He can play the LW and we need a TOP young talent but to pay 150 euros for him is alot.

FC433

I'm on the Dembele wagon. He can play the LW and we need a TOP young talent but to pay 150 euros for him is alot.

I am quite sure he is going to cost less than 120m. It is going to take sometime, but eventually we will get him. He is a must for me, I wanted him since the start of the summer. We could have gotten him for way cheaper.

wisconsincule

Hes my number 1. At this point I'm happy if we sign him and no one else besides Semedo. I've been following him since we were linked last summer. Has the potential to be great.

FC433

My ideal starting 11:

Dembele Suarez Messi
Rafinha Busquets Rakitic
Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo
Stegen

I do think Rafinha has so much to offer.

Arkk

That is going to be another mistake. We had the chance to sign Dembele last season. I know he rejected us, but if we had told him that we were going to loan him I do not think he would have refused. The same for Dybala and maybe Dolberg? Madrid did well when they bought Asensio and loaned him right away.

Brandt is apparently one of Dortmund's target. How is he? Diawara?

tbh having MSN we've been spoilt and its been great but we haven't been able to bring in any younger talents in those positions. having 3 superstar status players who want to play every game and are pretty much unbenchable would of seen us miss out on Dembele most likely. we could of bought him and loaned him to Dortmund but nobody expected the Neymar to PSG shit so you'd be looking at a long ass loan while waiting for one of MSN to fall off. he did the smart thing joining Dortmund to progress.

sabby

I know most of you want big signings but I'm personally against signing unproven youngster for a lot of money. The only players I'd consider spending the big bucks (i.e. 70m+) would be players near their peak and a good possible fit within couple of months in the team. Right now, only Veratti fits that description and we know that he isn't going to come. One of the problems of our board in the last few years has been shortsightedness and not having a good scouting team. Even if we don't sign some hot players at the market, we should always strive to buy some promising players from other leagues for cheap and loan them back or to other clubs where they will get minutes. This is definitely better than another Arda/Gomes signing with dozens of millions.

As for the current season, not spending big money on unproven players is win/win for me. We buy some young talent for cheap and loan them out so that if/when they become better we don't have to splurge in the next year or the year after that. In addition, this board may get sacked because of their incompetence.

Barcilliant

I know most of you want big signings but I'm personally against signing unproven youngster for a lot of money. The only players I'd consider spending the big bucks (i.e. 70m+) would be players near their peak and a good possible fit within couple of months in the team. Right now, only Veratti fits that description and we know that he isn't going to come. One of the problems of our board in the last few years has been shortsightedness and not having a good scouting team. Even if we don't sign some hot players at the market, we should always strive to buy some promising players from other leagues for cheap and loan them back or to other clubs where they will get minutes. This is definitely better than another Arda/Gomes signing with dozens of millions.

As for the current season, not spending big money on unproven players is win/win for me. We buy some young talent for cheap and loan them out so that if/when they become better we don't have to splurge in the next year or the year after that. In addition, this board may get sacked because of their incompetence.

Gomes, Digne, Denis were all considered promising players. Us landing Gom3s was considered a coup at the time.

sabby

Gomes, Digne, Denis were all considered promising players. Us landing Gom3s was considered a coup at the time.

That again, is on the board / scouting team. We should not buy players based on their performance in 1/2 tournament. Besides, a player who is performing great in a position in a different club with different playing style doesn't guarantee he will continue to be as good in Barca.

If there is one thing I like about Liga 1 is that they do not allow buy out clauses in contracts. I wish this would be the case for all the leagues in UEFA. The market is going to $h!t with these oil clubs. Can you imagine how much would Cesc / Deco / Suarez / David Villa etc would cost if they were in same form and age in 2017 ?

Last edited:

1993Kaan1993

tbh having MSN we've been spoilt and its been great but we haven't been able to bring in any younger talents in those positions. having 3 superstar status players who want to play every game and are pretty much unbenchable would of seen us miss out on Dembele most likely. we could of bought him and loaned him to Dortmund but nobody expected the Neymar to PSG shit so you'd be looking at a long ass loan while waiting for one of MSN to fall off. he did the smart thing joining Dortmund to progress.

Dortmund would never accept that.

Gaudi

This transfer window will be thought in manager academies on how NOT to do business. Imagine being Messi and watching so many of your great balls fell through.

Home of Barca Fans