Barca Transfers and Rumors

eaman

What makes you say that? He was linked to us this season for a reason. I have watched him at Sevilla and he deserves a better team. He is probably their best player. He has great technical ability for someone of his height, like Busquets, and has barca-tier passing. He creates a lot of chances and tackles well, along with being an aerial threat

Just look how he stacks up vs Busquets

Btw, a lot of players this Barca board have signed have not been Barca quality...

Don't want to see barca playing with two defensive Mids even though busquets is more than just a defensive mid. If we were taking anyone from sevilla I'd rather it be banega.

ryuken

Why dont UEFA just scrap the FFP already. It is doing nothing, spending 500 mil like you go to a market to buy vegetable.

Hektor

PSG has turned everything upside down. All the news are contradicting each other. Barca has not sent the transfer papers for Neymar, yet. There are some reports that Barcelona has not received the €222 mils for Ney. Coutinho is coming and he is not coming. Dembélé has rebelled and the deal is done and yet it is not done and will never take place. Sergi Roberto is leaving and not leaving. Deulofeu is here to stay and not happy with his role and might leave. The transfer of Munir to Roma is done and not done. Arda is in limbo. Iñigo Martinez is not coming and he might still come. The season starts in two weeks and we are in limbo. Everyone seems to be playing with monopoly money

Let us say that there are no new signings for this upcoming season. We have to strengthen our defense - this is a must. We need a CB, yes and yes. Neymar was very instrumental for our offense and defense. He used to drop back to help with the defense. I do not think that Deulefeu or even Dembélé are able to play both roles. Therefore, we might have to go to a 4-4-2 formation with a double pivot. In other words, with Busquets and Mascherano as DMD's. Do not forget that Mashe is not a true CB; he is a DMD and that is the position he plays for Argentina and one of the best in the world.

If there are no new signings, then we might have the following formation:

Ter Stegen; Alba, Umtiti, Pique, and Semedo; Mascherano and Busquets; Iniesta and Rakitic; Messi and Suarez (4-2-2-2.) We will have to shoot Alba, or Semedo, or both on offense with Mascherano dropping back and playing as the third CB. I do not think we can keep the 4-3-3. Keep in mind that a goal prevented by the defense is more valuable than a goal scored. If the other team does not score, we can never lose.

I have no idea what Valverde is going to do.

Last edited:

mdenci

Barca got insane amount of money unexpectedly. It s logical, that clubs of our targets aim to take advantage of that fact.
I mean, this numbers are insane, let s be honest. While Neymar can be worth 220 mil, because of his marketing properties, Cutinho and Dembele are not worth 100 mil. Not a chance. This numbers
will not last, because there are only 2 clubs reckless enough to be splashing this kind of money on regular basis.

It makes perfect sense for our board not to let them take advantage of us. I wouldn t pay 100m+ for either of this 2 players, even if that means playing season with current squad. I don t think
this automatically means lack of trophies, just as getting this 2 players doesn t automatically means wining treble. Bayern boss said, that they are not getting sucked in to this crazy market and personally
i would be quite content if our board followed their example.

I don t consider this saga their mistake. They didn t know Neymar will go. They did everything they could to keep him. Much more than i would. They went for Veratti, which is what we wanted. They went
for Coutinho, which is what we wanted. And they are going for Dembele, which is what we want. If Lpool and Dortmund don t wan t to sell or if they want to demand insane amounts this is their right and we
should except that.

I totally agree with you. We should stop this nonsense and these over-priced transfers. But it is the board's duty to transmit that to the fans, they should call a press conference or something and say that they don't want to be a part of this crazy market, and that they wish to rely on home talent instead of spending insane amounts of money. I believe that by doing that, it would maybe push other clubs in that direction, thus putting pressure on UEFA and FIFA about the financial fair play, or even to consider the USA sport's salary cap style.

I would be okay if we don't buy anyone, we would greatly reduce our club debt, and we would have enough squad space to play home talents more. If we do that, I doubt that there will be more Mboula-like cases because young players would know that they have an actual chance of making it to the first team. And who knows, maybe somewhere in La Masia we will find a generation of players similar to Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Messi, Busi...
That is the right way for me, invest in the future talents, invest in La Masia.

I know that, by doing this, we would sacrifice the GOAT and lower our chance of winning tropheys with him still in the team, but I hope that he wouldn't make a problem out of it but turn it into his favour, maybe looking at it as a new challange in his magnificent career.

Last edited:

Gaudi

I do blame board, beacuse this is their job. How come RM knew what they wanted and got it? Ok, Neymar shocked them even though one should be prepared if he almost did the same last year, but fine. But we needed midfielder even before Neymar saga and they came up with Verratti and afte that panic? So what did scouts do for entire year? They scouted Verratti?

mdenci

I do blame board, beacuse this is their job. How come RM knew what they wanted and got it? Ok, Neymar shocked them even though one should be prepared if he almost did the same last year, but fine. But we needed midfielder even before Neymar saga and they came up with Verratti and afte that panic? So what did scouts do for entire year? They scouted Verratti?

Good question...

New coach and his ideas? Maybe that could be the answer? Maybe he wanted to assess the current squad and see what he really needs, instead of just wasting money, time and squad space on some players.

1993Kaan1993

if Barca can't stop Real, someone better stop them. l don't think PSG will go for Seri or Coutinho because of Rabiot, who is already better player than them.

Gaudi

Good question...

New coach and his ideas? Maybe that could be the answer? Maybe he wanted to assess the current squad and see what he really needs, instead of just wasting money, time and squad space on some players.

Maybe, but this is not one transfer window, we had Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc and Thiago and allllllllllllll the time in the world. Now we are here in panic mode.

mdenci

Maybe, but this is not one transfer window, we had Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc and Thiago and allllllllllllll the time in the world. Now we are here in panic mode.

With you on that one...

All we can do here is guess and hope for the best.

To be fair, we do have one sub for every place on the pitch except the LW position :)

Zincubus

Banned
Anyways , looks like Coutinho has agreed to stay with Liverpool for 12 months ..... quite a gamble on his part assuming we will want / need / be able to afford him next summer .

MIXA

This club is drowning in the current market. It's time to make some big big calls. Other clubs are just trying to hustle as always. We are currently in a market where a club is now expected to blow the entire transfer budget on one player. There are 11 players on a team!

It's time to start upgrading La Masia. Buying both Dembele and Coutinho isn't going to happen. Signing more than one super star per window is also unlikely to ever happen again, not for Barca at least. Whatever excess money is left over from the Neymar deal after buying the 1 star player should go towards the youth academy. It's the only long term sustainable solution.

Thiago10

Now that it's clear that Coutinho won't come, hopefully we'll see some rumours on other players replacing Iniesta in the coming days, though I fear it's too late.

I'm depressed.

Home of Barca Fans