Barca Transfers and Rumors

Kohe321

His request is worth a shit ... he has a contract and the club already announced officialy that he will stay.

Yes, but if it's true he severely weakens his popularity among fans, and if they block a transfer even if Barca bid high enough (ie.130m), he could get very pissy and perform poorly the following season, at which point Liverpool would be better served pocketing the 130m and offloading an unhappy player that would otherwise become a negative factor in the team. Transfer market logic 101.

Last edited:

Judoman

I do blame board, beacuse this is their job. How come RM knew what they wanted and got it? Ok, Neymar shocked them even though one should be prepared if he almost did the same last year, but fine. But we needed midfielder even before Neymar saga and they came up with Verratti and afte that panic? So what did scouts do for entire year? They scouted Verratti?

Outside of Verratti, there are Modric, Kross, Pogba, Koke and maybe Thiago. This is (arguably) top level. Out of these 6, Verratti was perhaps the most realistic options, since AT THAT TIME, it looked
like he was stucked in rich limbo. I m sure, he was informed, that Neymar is coming, so naturaly, he wasn t as motivated as he was before and also, PSG are not selling. Same as MU, Bayern and Athletico.

None of this is boards fault. Yes, we need MF for the future, but WC midfielders are not growing on trees. If we can t get WC player, we should give a chance to home grown guys.
Oportunity will present itself. Remember, we won treble with practicaly same midfield and tacticaly inferior coach.

In any case i still have a felling, that we will splash all the money and eventualy get Coutinho & Dembele. I m not sure i would have done the same, considering insane prices.
But the board will still be hated :lol:

Hektor

Isn't this crazy or what? Everything changes from one hour to the next. Like Mark Twain said about the weather in New England: "If you do not like the weather, wait five minutes."

Yannik

I'd love Thiago here, but the scenario of getting him back would leave a sour taste. We basically lose him to a rival club for 18m due to wildly incompetent leadership, then buy him back at several times the cost just a few years later out of desperation late in the summer window? Everyone knows we are desperate now that Coutinho is a definite no-go, so Bayern would have all the negotiating leverage in the world... It would make the board look really bad.

They can do it, but man I agree with [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] that we need to get some people in charge that actually know how to plan ahead and find good and suitable players in all price brackets. Some stable and confident leadership is needed, because as it is now we're looking like desperate and utter betas in the transfer market, which is not a good look for what should be one of the best clubs in the world.

Forget about that, even with proper management. At this point: Bayern doesn't want to sell, Thiago doesn't want to leave.

Nucky

His request is worth a shit ... he has a contract and the club already announced officialy that he will stay.

Don't think is wise to keep a player who wants to leave. Also to be honest can't expect him to stay in Liverpool for long. At Barca he can win a lot more than in LFC. Suarez won everything in Barca, if he stayed in LFC league cup would be only thing he would have won. And Liverpool can buy 2 class player with Coutinho's fee.

Zincubus

Banned
Soooo

Apparently - according to TalkSport Couthinho has handed in an official transfer request - supposedly confirmed by Coutinho's family .

He was apparently forced into a corner by this mornings official statement from Liverpool saying they were refusing to let him leave under contract !

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Buying rumors are all fine but what about the ones that are on our bench. It's mid-August already when are we offloading some of the deadwood?

Home of Barca Fans