Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andresito

Staff member
My single concern on Azpi is his age, same as Alba. Quality-wise he is miles ahead of Jordi.

Difference is Alba has been heavily reliant on his pace all his career. Azpi has never been very fast, so he should last longer longer at the top compared to Alba.

FinBarcelonafan

Re-sell value shouldn't be the issue. But a 33 year old coming here for his retirement kind of is.

It's not always the case. If the player is professional and high quality he can still bring something to the team, I think Azpi is that type of player. Look at Thiago for example with Chelsea. Great signing.

Andresito

Staff member
Thiago Silva is a good example that could theoretically compare to Azpi signing for us. Not against signing him on a 2 year deal.

Windhook

It's not always the case. If the player is professional and high quality he can still bring something to the team, I think Azpi is that type of player. Look at Thiago for example with Chelsea. Great signing.

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is a good example, although he arrived younger compared to Alba/Azpi around the age of 30, he owned his spot. That was different age back then where players at 32 where considered grandpas, football has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans