gasgas

................... Ter stegen
Azpilicueta.Araujo...Garcia....Alba
...............de jong......nico
.......................gavi/pedri
......Ferran.......Morata.....Fati

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sule and Rudiger are available for free. If we are serious about reinforcing that defense we should get one of them at least.

ABC reported Real Madrid are out of the Rudiger race as he want 20m in a signing bonus and become one of the, if not the best paid CB in the world.

Barca are just not going to match that.

This new board are only going to give massive salaries to players like Haaland unlike the former board who were giving out huge contracts to every other player.

gregorrin10

ABC reported Real Madrid are out of the Rudiger race as he want 20m in a signing bonus and become one of the, if not the best paid CB in the world.

Barca are just not going to match that.

This new board are only going to give massive salaries to players like Haaland unlike the former board who were giving out huge contracts to every other player.

Yeah. It's just not Barca's style to go all out for a CB, wage wise. It's also not Laporta's style. Will much rather prefer to give that one ridiculous wage to an offensive star and also a marketing attraction, his new Ronaldinho, if you will. Especially since after Messi leaving we're kinda also in dire need of one.

As for CB, luckily there are many great low cost options this summer, even for free, or at least in the 10-30M region. We really don't need to be chasing the likes of Rudiger or Sule, who are quality yes. Although I'm actually not sure about either of them, Sule is just so slow and I actually wouldn't want him just because of that, even if I can't deny he'd bring some much needed toughness into our defense, while I feel Rudiger might be benefiting from the Tuchel system a lot more than we think. I think he's overrated, especially if he wants a ridiculous wage like that. Both him and Sule will undoubtebly demand a 15M salary at least.

A much more realistic target for us is someone like Gvardiol or Christensen, who I really hope we could actually get in any case for free. I just feel like he could become such a bargain for whoever gets him, both transfer and wage wise. Can't imagine he'd ask for more than Pique is on right now after that reduction (6M, if I'm not mistaken). We can cover that just by letting go of Pique or selling Lenglet. And Christensen could be a very good partner for Araujo or at least fight it out for Garcia for that other CB spot. We don't need world class CB, we just need some new blood and some capable CB, who know how to properly defend when needed, and who fit Xavi's game plan, are solid passers so they can help build our attacks, and who don't cost us and arm and a leg, salary wise. We'll be playing possession football and our CBs won't be under constant pressure to defend anyway.

Honestly the only CB I see us paying more than 40M for, is if we get De Ligt. And even that only if we can afford it and if Juve will be in dire need to sell, even if it means losing money on him, considering their financial trouble and even more so if they don't manage to get CL football next season (not to mention if we actually get another Calciopoli, which is unlikely, but possible). And even that, we'd only be doing it to help grease Raiola to give us a discount on Haaland.

Zidane82

I do not see how we ( with one of the largest debts in world football) can expect to do a deal for Haaland who will prob take the biggest deal in football history to secure him

Andresito

Staff member
I do not see how we ( with one of the largest debts in world football) can expect to do a deal for Haaland who will prob take the biggest deal in football history to secure him

If it's deemed a good investment there will be no problem. Depends on what the competitors offer and how far we're willing to go until he becomes too expensive compared to what he'll bring.

We can build a state of the art stadium despite being in massive debt.

Messi983

Club won't see Haaland as a cost but rather a longterm investment that would bring us more money in future both from a sporting success (signing him won't be enough but would clearly help us to become competitive again on a big stage) and from marketing POV. He's not as marketable as prime Messi or Neymar but is on the verge of becoming one of younger global superstars when he'll join a big club.

FinBarcelonafan

Club won't see Haaland as a cost but rather a longterm investment that would bring us more money in future both from a sporting success (signing him won't be enough but would clearly help us to become competitive again on a big stage) and from marketing POV. He's not as marketable as prime Messi or Neymar but is on the verge of becoming one of younger global superstars when he'll join a big club.

This. Every team basically sees Haaland as a good investment because the low buyout price. Normally he would cost 150mil, so teams don't mind throwing big salary and agent fees, because it's still only the 150mil etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans