Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

IF we'd buy someone from Segunda for 3m at least we'd have that player and see how he'll develop. Even if he wouldn't work out we could probably still get most of money back by selling him. With this first option we have almost nothing and would need to pay 35m for a player that has big chances to flop to not waste those 3m.

I'm not against Brazilian youngsters but would prefer doing like City and buy someone like Kayky (who is probably higher rated than Angelo) or Metinho for 10m. That's what I would still be comfortable spending on unproven kids from Brazil, 35m just looks too much unless a player is already one of the best players in Brazil like Neymar when bought.

Good post. We should be on the 5-10m Kayky's, Yan Couto's and Metinho's (not going to pretend to be an expert, never heard of him and just TM'ed him :lol:) for the Barcelona B route.

Kayky has been playing Premier League 2 for the whole season and going by Pep interviews, he would prefer and love England to have the same system as Spain with where the Reserve/B team plays. So there is no question on these guys not choosing Barcelona because they don't want to be in the B team. If anything and with our youth usage right now, if is an advantage.

Don't know how or why Angelo and Kaiky were rated at 35m each and not 20/25m either though. Hell, Antony showed alot more in Brazil and sold for 15m.

One thing is I trust our negotiating team (even though I don't really trust Laporta in Brazil after Henrique and Keirrison) and there must be reason why it ended up as such. Could be Vini/Rodrygo tax, could be hard offers and interest from other top clubs in Europe justifying the higher values.

All I do know is that from minimally watching Angelo through highlights is that he is a very very interesting player that we should be monitoring closely. I'm happy we have him under "control" even if it is 35m.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Good post. We should be on the 5-10m Kayky's, Yan Couto's and Metinho's (not going to pretend to be an expert, never heard of him and just TM'ed him :lol:) for the Barcelona B route.

Did City strategy prove to be a first team success? I mean the 3 names you mentioned hasn't proved anything.
We have bought plenty of young Brazilian before.

Don't know how or why Angelo and Kaiky were rated at 35m each and not 20/25m either though. Hell, Antony showed alot more in Brazil and sold for 15m.

I mean for 3M court gave us, would Santos just put cap on their best 2 assets at 20M? Doesn't sound plausible tbh

All I do know is that from minimally watching Angelo through highlights is that he is a very very interesting player that we should be monitoring closely. I'm happy we have him under "control" even if it is 35m.

Both are really interesting tbh, sure there is a chance they will bust like most youngsters but they are showing very high promise IMO.
Feels Kaiky to have the perfect profile for us from highlight, probably the biggest defensive prospect from Brazilian league in ages (even Marquinhos was hyped after moving to Roma), and Angelo is showing flashes of being the real deal.
Those 3M could prove to be well spent tbh.

PS: even if we get them, I don't think it will be for the 70M.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah just because we have 35m options doesn't mean that's what we'll spend. Can always negotiate a lower price with Santos if they are desperate to get rid of the players and they haven't exploded to be worth 35m yet.

JamDav1982

Barca are not rating either as 35m at moment they are just putting a limit on it to stop them wasting time if get a deal together then get gazumped as has happened a few times in Brazil.

Zidane82

Surely this cannot be true !?!?!

#

Liverpool have been 'invited' to make a summer move for Barcelona wonderkid Gavi given he is reportedly available for a snip of his worth. The teenage sensation could be snapped up for as little as ?42million with the Spanish giants struggling to address their release clause mistake and tie him down to a new contract.

Catta

As long as nobody steals Busi from us, everything will be fine. His renewal with a wage and release clause increase should be a priority.

Porque

Did City strategy prove to be a first team success? I mean the 3 names you mentioned hasn't proved anything.
We have bought plenty of young Brazilian before.

I'd say that the strategy hasn't proven not to be a success. Both are playing regular football, one for Braga, the other for their B team and just made a Premier League appearance.

They may never arrive to the City first team, but their credentials and potential are higher than the likes of Matheus Fernandes or Gustavo Maia who we recently made similar investments in.

I'm reading that they will be adding Savio from Atletico Mineiro for 6.5m too. So that's 3 Brazilian talents for around 20 million. A fraction of what we will have to potentially pay for Gabriel or Kaiky. Of course with an infrastructure like the City Group, it is possibly that their low fee's are loaded with additional monetary movements linked with investments in Brazil or minimal tax kickbacks in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I'd say that the strategy hasn't proven not to be a success. Both are playing regular football, one for Braga, the other for their B team and just made a Premier League appearance.

It hasn't proven to be success either. So why it should be exemplary?

They may never arrive to the City first team, but their credentials and potential are higher than the likes of Matheus Fernandes or Gustavo Maia who we recently made similar investments in.

And that further prove how risky such strategy is, Marlon, Maia & Fernandes has barely proven to be success story, at least with Marlon we had 5M profit which covers half the loss of the later two.

I'm reading that they will be adding Savio from Atletico Mineiro for 6.5m too. So that's 3 Brazilian talents for around 20 million. A fraction of what we will have to potentially pay for Gabriel or Kaiky.

And half what RM paid for Vinicius too.
It is all up to our evaluation of the player's tbh.
Maia was low risk at 3M but was he worth it? Vinicius was big risk at 40M. At the end "3 for price of 1" rarely works out.

City and Chelsea also are basically acting like brokers of young talents (and new FIFA rules will limit that to an extent) as they buy tons of players and try to get an overall financial success and couple of hits from them.
Very few other clubs has succeeded in such strategy tbh, and for City their success for 1st team is also limited.

Anyway, let's see how this play out, in 3 years time we will be talking about this as either a waste or a genius move.

Zidane82

Barcelona have offered Cesar Azpilicueta a two year deal with option to extend for a further season. Talks started in December but Bar?a are still waiting for Azpilicueta to make final decision. 🔵🇪🇸 #FCB

Chelsea hope for Azpi to stay but still no communication on player side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans