Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Been great for Torino so far this season. Would be the bargain of the season if they got him for under 20m euros.

Monster in duels and 1v1s. But he renewed until 2024 only a couple weeks ago so it probably won't happen.

Thanks. So good enough for Barcelona?

How is he with his feet?

Zidane82

Depay is not happy with the role he has within Xavi's Bar?a. The arrivals of Ferran, Aubameyang and Adama relegate him to a secondary role that he seems unwilling to assimilate. Therefore, the attacker's entourage has contacted Olympique Lyonnais to study a return. [le quotidien]

Good riddance

ajnotkeith

Depay is not happy with the role he has within Xavi's Bar?a. The arrivals of Ferran, Aubameyang and Adama relegate him to a secondary role that he seems unwilling to assimilate. Therefore, the attacker's entourage has contacted Olympique Lyonnais to study a return. [le quotidien]

Good riddance

Tbh, he is better than Ferran at CF. And I never liked Depay.

ajnotkeith

Thanks. So good enough for Barcelona?

How is he with his feet?

Definitely better than Pique and Garcia but he is a similar profile to Araujo so it might not be a good pairing in terms of ball progression. Isn't that good with his feet and doesn't make many line breaking passes from back there but like Araujo,excellent in 1v1s. Hardly gets beaten in the air and more than fast enough to deal with pacy attackers.

If we sold Araujo he could be the replacement or perhaps play in a back 3 with a better ball progressor with them.

FinBarcelonafan

Good riddance

Sell him for good money. His international record is very impressive. We should get 25-30 mil easily.

Valdario

Good riddance

if we sell him for 20 mil we have made excellent business

khaled_a_d

Good riddance

Make swap deal with Caqueret please :barcascarf:

Porque

Just read @ MD that we rejected a 15m from a Bundesliga club for Abde in the Winter market.

Now I like Abde more than most here, but we may never get an offer in that region ever again.

Bobo32

Just read @ MD that we rejected a 15m from a Bundesliga club for Abde in the Winter market.

Now I like Abde more than most here, but we may never get an offer in that region ever again.

That is insanity if true - is he number 11 or 12 right now for the three spots? Can't imagine a scenario where he is of more use to Barcelona after these recent transfers and coming ones...

khaled_a_d

It is sport, so even if true it is probably something about a loan with option to buy at that price.

khaled_a_d

I think we should invest in our defense. Is there a Nuno Mendes type player we can sign?

A good full back who is great in attack and not a total liability in defense will change a lot of things for us.
If there is one, he should be top priority rather than the Gaya & Mazraoui of the world

gregorrin10

I think we should invest in our defense. Is there a Nuno Mendes type player we can sign?

At this point, considering the players we're interested in, I'd go with Mazraoui (free) AND Azpi (free) for RB, Lisandro Martinez (35M?) and Christensen (free) for CB, and Gaya/ (if he doesn't extend with Valencia, otherwise) Grimaldo (25-30M) for LB. So we're looking at rougly 60M and we get 5 new players for that, and we strengthen in all three defensive positions. We can honestly get this kind of money just from our defensive sales. Dest and Lenglet alone could cover it, getting 30M for each is doable. If we need more, get a few millions for Mingueza too and sell him too (maybe with a buy back) instead of just loaning him, the latter being the minimum that should be done with him. Garcia to stay as the 4th CB, as I don't imagine we'll be selling him yet no matter what. Roberto leaving for free, and Pique hopefully retiring this summer. If we keep Balde, we could sell Alba too, but that's probably too much to expect.

As for the Nuno Mendes type, I honestly don't know. Feels like the best course at this point would actually be to give Balde an actual chance, as he can become that type of a LB (for us). And since we don't seem to be looking for that type of LB to buy, since both Gaya and/or Grimaldo are both different type of players. Plus keeping Balde would almost certainly mean Alba leaving, so that's a win-win in my book. Cause I really don't want Alba spoiling the mood in the locker room, and given his (cry baby) character you just know he'd start kicking up a fuss the moment Gaya/Grimaldo would become starters ahead of him, which should be asap. So better to have Balde there, but this time actually using him and giving him minutes to fit that rotation/backup role, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans