Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

If you have been following the Spanish daily's today, you will know that there is a battle between Real Madrid and Barcelona right now for 18 yr old midfielder Pablo Torre of Racing Santander.

Here is this weekends game highlights where he scored 2 and assisted 1.

And here are further highlights from his season.

Just had Torre in my Atalanta team in FM22. I took them over in 2026 and he didn't really develop well until then so was just a fringe player. We've had a very good team that won Serie A with 102 points though (Inter is very good in this save as well and have pushed us until the end). Wanted to sell him to Torino for 5m as he was complaining about playing time but he rejected them. Koopmeiners (who has just signed with Atalanta in RL last year) was a boss in midfield and I've also signed a Brazilian wonderkid (regen) with a great name - Devilson :p alongside another Italian homegrown wonderkid regen. Alex Collado was also in my team but I've sold him. I've also signed Asensio on a free contract but will never use him as I've moved to Liverpool to take over from Klopp who went to Milan (they've offered me a job interview as well but ultimately choosed Klopp - tbh don't know if I'd even go to Milan) after Emery (who won the league with them a year before) for some reason accepted West Ham job. Speaking about coaches, Pep is at Arsenal and Poch returned to Tottenham after his episode at RM didn't go well, Zidane is a Chelsea manager and Conte is at Newcastle (who after spending a lot of money early in the save have now just ok finances and are a midtable team :lol: ).

L'pool still have 37 year-old Salah, a few years younger Allison, Fabinho and Ward-Prowse and some other oldies. They're all still good but can't really get rid off them even if I'd want (I usually sell most players as soon as they hit 30) as I'd upset the rest of the team (club de amigos is real in FM too :D). Well, their contracts are expiring in a year anyway and then we'll see if they'll retire. Hope they will tbh, especially Allison (I've already looked at Portuguese GK at Leverkusen as his potential replacement) who has complained after I've sold Luis Diaz (and of course most of the team is supporting him) that we don't have a left winger in the team when I plan to use a narrow 4-4-2 diamond formation with no wingers that has worked well for me so far in previous teams. And of course there was no option to tell him that so I've told him I'll give a chance to a youngster which was probably wrong as we don't really have many good players in U23/U18 teams despite team philosophy demanding me to develop their youth system. I'll just sign some 18-19 yo kids and hope they'll turn out well and this will please the board.

BTW, we also have Ferran Torres who I'll probably use as an AMC behind Salah and Moukoko and possibly as a deep-lying forward in some games to rotate with Salah. Although transfer window is still open and there were rumours in the game Klopp wants to pay 100m for Ferran. Would have a hard time to reject that offer if it comes (he's close to 30 now and contract expires in two years). Will probably happen on a transfer deadline day when I won't have time to replace him though. Another problem is L'pool is not that well financially (over 200m net debt) so I only keep 40% of transfer revenues.

My ultimate goal is to get a Barca job. Now my manager profile is probably good enough they would consider me (although could have problems as I don't have previous experience managing in Spain - my initial plan was to go from Atalanta to a team like Sevilla, Betis or Villarreal - I've even applied for Villarreal job when at Atalanta but they went with some unknown Ajax manager - but now I'll probably just stay at Liverpool until Barca job is available as going to likes of Sevilla would be a step back in my career) but Xavi was continously winning La Liga (they've lost CL final against Liverpool a few years ago but were otherwise pretty poor in Europe) in previous years (using a 4-4-2 curiously) so he was untouchable. His job was in jeopardy for some time at the end of last season as they've finished 10+ points behind Mourinho-led Real in the league but won Europa league (0-2 to 3-2 comeback against Lyon in last 20 minutes in the final) so he's now probably safe again.

Don't really know what's going on at the club though. Club description say they are still a rich club but the last I've checked they've signed no player in current TW despite team aging and not really have any good depth (probably just how AI usually works in FM, it happens in most big clubs) and they want to offload Gavi who is on like 44m/year (I wonder who gave him that wages). They've even offered him out for like 15m when I was still at Atalanta but of course couldn't afford even half of his wages and looks like no other club either. Wanted to take him on loan with a buy option to Liverpool covering like 60% of his wages but he wasn't interested to negotiate with me. Will still try before transfer window closes as I could pair him in midfield with Ilaix (who of course is still an FM beast). :D BTW, Araujo is the captain and MATS is still in goal.

Sorry for OT, hope someone will find this interesting. :)

Last edited:

Porque

Just had Torre in my Atalanta team in FM22. I took them over in 2026 and he didn't really develop well until then so was just a fringe player. We've had a very good team that won Serie A with 102 points though (Inter is very good in this save as well and have pushed us until the end). Wanted to sell him to Torino for 5m as he was complaining about playing time but he rejected them. Koopmeiners (who has just signed with Atalanta in RL last year) was a boss in midfield and I've also signed a Brazilian wonderkid (regen) with a great name - Devilson :p alongside another Italian homegrown wonderkid regen. Alex Collado was also in my team but I've sold him. I've also signed Asensio on a free contract but will never use him as I've moved to Liverpool to take over from Klopp who went to Milan (they've offered me a job interview as well but ultimately choosed Klopp - tbh don't know if I'd even go to Milan) after Emery (who won the league with them a year before) for some reason accepted West Ham job. Speaking about coaches, Pep is at Arsenal and Poch returned to Tottenham after his episode at RM didn't go well, Zidane is a Chelsea manager and Conte is at Newcastle (who after spending a lot of money early in the save have now just ok finances and are a midtable team :lol: ).

L'pool still have 37 year-old Salah, a few years younger Allison, Fabinho and Ward-Prowse and some other oldies. They're all still good but can't really get rid off them even if I'd want (I usually sell most players as soon as they hit 30) as I'd upset the rest of the team (club de amigos is real in FM too :D). Well, their contracts are expiring in a year anyway and then we'll see if they'll retire. Hope they will tbh, especially Allison (I've already looked at Portuguese GK at Leverkusen as his potential replacement) who has complained after I've sold Luis Diaz (and of course most of the team is supporting him) that we don't have a left winger in the team when I plan to use a narrow 4-4-2 diamond formation with no wingers that has worked well for me so far in previous teams. And of course there was no option to tell him that so I've told him I'll give a chance to a youngster which was probably wrong as we don't really have many good players in U23/U18 teams despite team philosophy demanding me to develop their youth system. I'll just sign some 18-19 yo kids and hope they'll turn out well and this will please the board.

BTW, we also have Ferran Torres who I'll probably use as an AMC behind Salah and Moukoko and possibly as a deep-lying forward in some games to rotate with Salah. Although transfer window is still open and there were rumours in the game Klopp wants to pay 100m for Ferran. Would have a hard time to reject that offer if it comes (he's close to 30 now and contract expires in two years). Will probably happen on a transfer deadline day when I won't have time to replace him though. Another problem is L'pool is not that well financially (over 200m net debt) so I only keep 40% of transfer revenues.

My ultimate goal is to get a Barca job. Now my manager profile is probably good enough they would consider me (although could have problems as I don't have previous experience managing in Spain - my initial plan was to go from Atalanta to a team like Sevilla, Betis or Villarreal - I've even applied for Villarreal job when at Atalanta but they went with some unknown Ajax manager - but now I'll probably just stay at Liverpool until Barca job is available as going to likes of Sevilla would be a step back in my career) but Xavi was continously winning La Liga (they've lost CL final against Liverpool a few years ago but were otherwise pretty poor in Europe) in previous years (using a 4-4-2 curiously) so he was untouchable. His job was in jeopardy for some time at the end of last season as they've finished 10+ points behind Mourinho-led Real in the league but won Europa league (0-2 to 3-2 comeback against Lyon in last 20 minutes in the final) so he's now probably safe again.

Don't really know what's going on at the club though. Club description say they are still a rich club but the last I've checked they've signed no player in current TW despite team aging and not really have any good depth (probably just how AI usually works in FM, it happens in most big clubs) and they want to offload Gavi who is on like 44m/year (I wonder who gave him that wages). They've even offered him out for like 15m when I was still at Atalanta but of course couldn't afford even half of his wages and looks like no other club either. Wanted to take him on loan with a buy option to Liverpool covering like 60% of his wages but he wasn't interested to negotiate with me. Will still try before transfer window closes as I could pair him in midfield with Ilaix (who of course is still an FM beast). :D BTW, Araujo is the captain and MATS is still in goal.

Sorry for OT, hope someone will find this interesting. :)

:lol:

I read and read expecting a Pablo Torre twist, which never came.

Talking of Torre, Marca reports today that he is closer to Barcelona. This line stands out in particular.

The influence of Xavi Hern?ndez, who shares an agent with the player, weighs heavily. The extension of the contracts that are being considered by both parties in this Classic will be similar, between four and five seasons, but at the Camp Nou they significantly improve the salary issue.

His BO clause is 10m euros btw. Very modest in the current market imo.

malvolio

We already have Araujo as the no-nonsense enforcer CB. What we need is a guy with brains that is good on the ball. Basically a younger version of Pique.

JamDav1982

Araujo and Christensen is good for now if it allows funds to improve other areas of team.

Araujo and MDL and set for years.

Likes of Garcia is better as one of back ups than Lenglet when has smaller wages and no amortised costs and performed better than him anyway in last while.

Cant really see any club signing Lenglet or Mingueza.. maybe Sevilla move for Lenglet on cheap if one/both of their CBs go.

Zidane82

We already have Araujo as the no-nonsense enforcer CB. What we need is a guy with brains that is good on the ball. Basically a younger version of Pique.

Ben White ... but he is English so most in here will diss him without ever seeing him play

Andresito

Staff member
Should be able to sell Mingueza for 5-10m to a Liga or Bundesliga side.

Lenglet for 15-20m would be a good buy for Sevilla as Kounde replacement.

JamDav1982

No club in their right mind are paying 5-10m for Mingueza.

He will be off on loan or let go for free with % of future sale and maybe a token fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans