Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Most likely related to cashing in on Araujo if they are seriously trying to make a move for Rudiger would think.

Some rumours yesterday saying club could expect around 80m for him although not sure that is true.

Or all part of the game to renew Aruajo... his agent mentions interested clubs to apply pressure and club respond with 'secret' meetings with CBs.

Who the fuck knows could be either.

Can we do all 4 and maybe push Pique to US or something? Araujo, Rudiger, Christensen, Garcia as the 4. Lenglet and Pique moved on.

jamrock

Pique still our best defender just saying & he'll be that next season as well.

Would only make sense pushing him out on a age basis.

Rudiger---Pique would be the best CB Partnership in la Liga and one of the best in Europe, if only for a season lol.

Vladinho

Interesting developments, gotta say. As far as I've read, Rudiger wants 10mil+ per season, so I'm not sure he fits into the salary cap Laporta wants to impose

Messi983

Don't see Garcia as a longterm starter tbh. And he clearly isn't someone that should prevent us from signing Rudiger (on our terms ofc, if he wants a 5-year contract on 12m net wages or something then he can get that somewhere else).

As said this meeting with AR could mean anything. Maybe we're not that optimistic getting Mazraoui and with Alves and Alba ageing and Dest probably sold we won't have much in terms of FBs so 343 could be a real option next season if we'd really get Rudiger alongside Christensen and with a lot of quality and depth in midfield.

Something like

Araujo-Christensen-Rudiger (Garcia-Pique-?)
Pedri-Busi-FDJ-Gavi ((Pablo Torre-Nico-Kessie-?)
Ferran/RW--Auba/Ferran--Ansu?

doesn't look too bad.

Can ofc also play 433 but while I think Christensen would fit there not so sure about Rudiger.

Either way, I wouldn't say no to a quality CB and trust Xavi to make the best use of him and other new signings. He's clearly involved in all signings and smart enough to have individual plan for each player. Now plans don't always work out as expected but I'm sure we won't sign players just for the sake of signing them. Or sign someone Xavi doesn't want.

jamrock

Maybe the club thinks we can compete for winning CL even next season.

Yep that would be it, it rudiger continues his current form, along with alba & Pique, they would be thinking with the right signings we can push deep into the CL & once you get to the last 8, anything is possible.

JamDav1982

Or playing with 3. For which case 4 good CBs isn't a surplus much.

Cant see it being three at back and Xavi changing things to that when formation currently working.

Although the way Araujo played v Real was not a million miles of it anyway when Araujo sat in RB position.

All seems a bit shifty a 'secret' meeting that press just happened to know about to record from a distance. Would suggest more for show and not really happening would be my guess

JamDav1982

Sign Rudiger for free.

Sell Araujo for 50m+.

Sign Kounde for 50/60m + Lenglet and put him RB in this Xavi formation.

Jobs a good un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans