Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

To be honest, Rudiger for free and with not crazy wages is a no brainer. Best defender of the most recent CL winner.

JamDav1982

Why do you want to sell Araujo so badly?

I dont. I want him to stay but if he is asking for huge salary not justified then can go if helps other areas of the team.

Xavi clearly has reservations about him on the ball and he is one of few that could get big fee an virtually pure profit on.

Think and hope he stays but club have options.

Porque

Has anyone been following Aleksandar Mitrovic this season for Fulham? Fulham are well ahead of the other Championship sides (basically a mid-lower EPL team) but this guy is at his peak.

Wonder what kind of fee he would go for.

Not proposing as our 9 or anything.

Catta

I don't want him gone personally, but I think out of all players from our first 11, Araujo is the one most out of sync in terms of ball control and fluidity of passing.

And yet there are reports now that City are interested in him. His ball control is good enough for Pep, but not for some forum users.

Would be the most idiotic move to cash in on Araujo, and get someone like Rudiger who is asking 3 times more money and can only play in a back three.

MTL_Barca

If we're after Rudiger as well that probably either means talks with Araujo aren't going too well or Xavi may play 3 CBs more often.

Even if Lenglet would leave too (are there any rumors?) Araujo on a new big contract + Rudiger + Christensen + Eric + Pique would be stacked. Unless Pique suddenly steps down, but judging by this season he may even still regularly start.

Depth for just 2 CBs spots would be insane otherwise, what feels like a blessing after last few years but also not very realistic.

Last edited:

Birdy

1) Someone to start Rudiger's player thread

2) Is Pique retiring or what? I don't think going into next season with 5 CBs fighting for 2 spots is very wise.
Will create disappointment in the locker room due to lack of playing time

3) Araujo - Rudiger is a top notch duo! At least for the next 2-3 years until Rudiger declines.
Rudiger is exceptional on the ball, aggressive in defending, excellent on the air.
These two can allow the team to play AS HIGH LINE AS xavi wants!
I would love to see it.

4) If he wants the reported wages, then pass on..
We don't have the money to splash, and would create inequality in the locker room.
But if he moderates his demands tempted by our project, then we should be all in

5) It's a given IMO that we are not getting Haaland or any other expensive striker this summer, that's why we are spending elsewhere.
SIUUU
we are lucky he rejected us, and the project is not gonna get risked due to 1 player

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Romero said Gavi and Araujo is close to renewing after club held talks with their reps this international break. It's also been reported a few times that Xavi has gotten personally involved with their contractual situation and pushed the club to get it done.

So it's not related to Araujo. Maybe Pique is leaving after all, or maybe they're just doing their due diligence in case something happens.

gregorrin10

Has anyone been following Aleksandar Mitrovic this season for Fulham? Fulham are well ahead of the other Championship sides (basically a mid-lower EPL team) but this guy is at his peak.

Of course he's banging them in, since they're not in the PL. Championship merchant, he has been for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans