Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riordon

Would love for us to get one top transfer done... don't even care too much about the position either - DM, CB, striker is all fine.

Agree, IMO we shouldn't be afraid of missing out on Haaland. Should consolidate other parts of the squad before spending big on Haaland/Lewandowski/Nunez. We will get a top 9 down the line.

Zidane82

This is worrying

Liverpool 'ready' for Gavi move

Liverpool are 'preparing' to pay the ?42m release clause in Gavi's contract at Barcelona, according to Spanish outlet El Nacional, who claim that the 17-year-old is stalling over an extension of his current deal.

Gavi is supposedly seeking a significant wage bump that Barcelona are not capable of offering him, but as long as the Spanish side do not relent, the teenager's release clause will remain very tempting and attainable.

Andresito

Staff member
This is worrying

Liverpool 'ready' for Gavi move

Liverpool are 'preparing' to pay the ?42m release clause in Gavi's contract at Barcelona, according to Spanish outlet El Nacional, who claim that the 17-year-old is stalling over an extension of his current deal.

Gavi is supposedly seeking a significant wage bump that Barcelona are not capable of offering him, but as long as the Spanish side do not relent, the teenager's release clause will remain very tempting and attainable.

It's not worrying at all. It's fake news.

FinBarcelonafan

Rumours from Germany that we are in advanced talks for Borna Sosa. Price would be 25m.

Notes from highlight videos:

Very strong physically and good defensively. He would be our best left-right/back defensively, he can tackle, head and defend well with legs. Rarely loses 1vs1.

Overall very solid player. Strength in defense.

One of more impressive players physically (in bundesleague based on highlights), which is important because our lack of intensity in general..

mc_lovin

Sosa is one of those guys you watch on youtube for two minutes and think he's nowhere near good enough. But it's no way to scout a player to be fair and without Barto I am sure the club is more thorough.

FinBarcelonafan

Sosa is one of those guys you watch on youtube for two minutes and think he's nowhere near good enough. But it's no way to scout a player to be fair and without Barto I am sure the club is more thorough.

Yeah, he isn't your typical exciting signing(although he can make some sweet runs), which is a good sign. Barca needs to evolve and bring up the intensity. He seems to be made for modern game.

Barcas biggest weakness is defensive game, that's why I am so excited for these potential unsexy signings, which won't gather much enthusiasm but make us potentially much better team.

Yes, everyone wants Haaland, Darwin etc these known names but they are also very overpriced.

I don't exactly remember Rakitic signing but I doubt he was super exciting signing yet made us way better. He was so crucial to that 2015 win. The guy run for the whole team.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Notes from highlight videos:

Very strong physically and good defensively. He would be our best left-right/back defensively, he can tackle, head and defend well with legs. Rarely loses 1vs1.

Overall very solid player. Strength in defense.

One of more impressive players physically (in bundesleague based on highlights), which is important because our lack of intensity in general..

All scouting reports say the opposite though, he is great on offense and need to be covered on defense.
He has great crosses and seems capable of making great pass

He has the physical profile of a guy like Abidal, fairly young and plays in a league that doesn't teach defense that much, so I can see him improving on defense here

mc_lovin

Eh, I have nothing against "unsexy" signings, but not if the player looks rubbish and just because he can add a bit of intensity. A comparison to Rakitic is foolish as well.

Would rather see us get Javi Galan, who passes the eye test at least.

FinBarcelonafan

I didn't compare him to Rakitic. I say it's similar signing in terms of enthusiasm from the fans. These type of signings can be very good. Great bargains.

Not saying this guy is a bargain. Haven't seen him play other than two videos. Barca must really like him though. There must be some reason.

mc_lovin

I didn't compare him to Rakitic. I say it's similar signing in terms of enthusiasm from the fans. These type of signings can be very good. Great bargains.

People were definitely excited about Rakitic... he looked excellent.

Don't see us paying 25m for Sosa though, would surprise me a lot actually.

FinBarcelonafan

People were definitely excited about Rakitic... he looked excellent.

Don't see us paying 25m for Sosa though, would surprise me a lot actually.

Seems definitely too high price. Does anyone follow Bundesleague more and have better idea?

Has he played for Croatia national team? Playing well there?

Andresito

Staff member
Eh, I have nothing against "unsexy" signings, but not if the player looks rubbish and just because he can add a bit of intensity. A comparison to Rakitic is foolish as well.

Would rather see us get Javi Galan, who passes the eye test at least.

Don't understand why we didn't pull the trigger on Galan earlier. He had a release clause of only a couple of million, was a no risk transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans