Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Eh, I have nothing against "unsexy" signings, but not if the player looks rubbish and just because he can add a bit of intensity. A comparison to Rakitic is foolish as well.

Would rather see us get Javi Galan, who passes the eye test at least.

Passing, not intensity
Barcelona has made 46 assists in Liga this year.
Wingers (16): Dembele 11, Ferran 3, Adama 2
Fullbacks(14): Alba 8, Dest 3, Alves 2, Mingueza 1
Midfielders (11): Gavi 5, Frenkie 3,Roberto 1, Nico 1, Pedri 1 (Gavi played some of those games as a winger btw)
Attackers (4) : Depay 2, Auba 1, Braithwaite 1.
Lenglet has 1 assist too.
It is clear from such numbers we are very dependent on our width in creating goals.
Alba is now 33, Dembele might be leaving and those too alone has over 40% of our league assists.

Sosa has 7 assists this year (most in his team) while playing for much inferior team than Celta (Galan), Valancia (Gaya), Benfica (Grimaldo)
Neither Gaya nor Galan are providing such number of high assists despite being in better teams, Grimaldo has one more assist while playing in a club with far better attackers and playing around 900 more minutes or so.

Not saying that Sosa is a slam dunk, Bundesliga is attack minded league and facing parked buses in Liga is different, playing with superior teammates can help most of the times, but can expose your limitations too.
But profile wise, Sosa fits a need

khaled_a_d

Don't understand why we didn't pull the trigger on Galan earlier. He had a release clause of only a couple of million, was a no risk transfer.

We made only free signings last summer tbh. Even Emerson was bought to be sold.

I watched these videos:

Didn't see too much offense. Most impressive part of defense I'd say and some good dribbles. Some nice cross.

But either way, I think positive sign is he seems to be made for physical and quick game. We need that.

Watched the one in his thread

Seems definitely too high price.

25M is his release clause, hope we are negotiating a lower price tbh

SeloBarca

You cant win tournaments with a bunch of 34 year olds and 17 year old kids.
Playing both Pedi and Gavi makes our midfield very weak.
De Jong feels shoehorned and havent shown his potential.
Busquetes was done 4 years ago.
Auba is old. Dembele and Torres are VERY inconsistant and arguably not good enough.
Alba is to old, Dest is not good enough.
Garcia makes stupid misstakes and havent shown much else.
Pique is to old. Araujo is imo, a bit overhyped.

The rest are just waste of space.

There are no exciting players to watch. Theres no magician like Ronaldinho, goalscorer like Messi, midfield mestros like Xavi and Iniesta or beast like Puyol.
Barcelona is missing that special thing that draws you in.

Last edited:

jamrock

You cant win tournaments with a bunch of 34 year olds and 17 year old kids.
Playing both Pedi and Gavi makes our midfield very weak.
De Jong feels shoehorned and havent shown his potential.
Busquetes was done 4 years ago.
Auba is old. Dembele and Torres are VERY inconsistant and arguably not good enough.
Alba is to old, Dest is not good enough.
Garcia makes stupid misstakes and havent shown much else.
Pique is to old. Araujo is imo, a bit overhyped.

The rest are just waste of space.

There are no exciting players to watch. Theres no magician like Ronaldinho, goalscorer like Messi, midfield mestros like Xavi and Iniesta or beast like Puyol.
Barcelona is missing that special thing that draws you in.

Like to pop up after a bad result to make your "points" ain't it.

Masetro10

Being reported Carlos Soler is moving to Barca. This tells me FDJ is out. Probably to Man U with Ten Haag. In exchange we get a player with long shot capability and playmaker. And probably a solid 80m+ for FDJ to reinforce other areas.

I like it.

Masetro10

United could definitely use DeJong.

I don't hate it. Soler looked good whenever I saw him play for Valencia.

Truly a creative player that can dink passes in over the top or slice through with a through ball. But even better than all that. He can really knock them in from long range, also a good penalty and free kick taker.

Pedri/Soler/Kessie/Gavi/Busquets/Nico kind of covers all the bases in MF.

FDJ can bring us money big time too. That can be used for other weaknesses

Porque

I called the Soler interest a while back. His contract us up in 2023 so wouldn't cost too much, and we have Alemany and Xavi to push that interest.

But would it be wise to go from de Jong to a guy behind Pedri and Gavi in the national team? Unless Kessie isn't confirmed and we decided to switch interest based over recent doubts.

Last edited:

Porque

So who's the brand new Spanish player we signed

Screenshot-2022-04-22-at-11-48-02-AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans