Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

For how the deal was structured, you can understand why the club got him, because we are broke, but for the final $ about it's a waste, 65m euros gets you a WC footballer no matter how much the market is inflated.

Not a new Pedro.

Iniesta Ultra

We don't need Haaland. And we can attract a Tchouameni if Xavi reverses his recent trainwreck with the last matches we have in a convincing fashion, of course that requires working Fati back in, Puig playing a lot, and Torres benched a lot.

JamDav1982

For how the deal was structured, you can understand why the club got him, because we are broke, but for the final $ about it's a waste, 65m euros gets you a WC footballer no matter how much the market is inflated.

Not a new Pedro.

Aye so you can claim club can make bad decisions and you know better but others cant.

Top stuff.

serghei

Not really relevant to the point being made how the Torres deal was structured.

No doubt Haaland could never have been signed under January conditions.

I see, how do you think that looks when dealing with a player, and saying listen... now we don't have money... but tell City to wait because in the summer things might be different. But we don't know yet. Keep your lines open, you'll hear from us, eventually. We hope so... Maybe.

You don't afford him, you're not an option. You don't deal with theoretical and projections. City have the cash ready, we don't. The guy could have chosen City as well. Or if we paid up, he could have done a De Jong and signed for us. Who knows.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I see, how do you think that looks when dealing with a player, and saying listen... now we don't have money... but tell City to wait because in the summer things might be different. But we don't know yet. Keep your lines open, you'll hear from us, eventually. We hope so... Maybe.

You don't afford him, you're not an option. You don't deal with theoretical and projections. City have the cash ready, we don't.

No idea what any of that means or what it relates to in point made.

jamrock

Yip... you moan about club wasting money on Torres then argue they wont do just that.

I get you think Torres is a waste of money and know better than the board and Xavi. Only you are allowed that eh.

Moan about no money for certain players when have spent on others you dont rate which will impact ability to spend this summer.

At no point did I say the club shouldn't or doesn't waste money, I said the club is broke & Torres is a waste, again two totally different things.

That's you confusing broke & prudent again, you keep getting the meaning of words confused idky, it's like you need to stretch reality to make nonsensical points.

JamDav1982

At no point did I say the club shouldn't or doesn't waste money, I said the club is broke & Torres is a waste, again two totally different things.

That's you confusing broke & prudent again, you keep getting the meaning of words confused idky, it's like you need to stretch reality to make nonsensical points.

Nah I am not confusing anything just pointing out your contradictions.

Make out club cant afford players while moaning about money have spent on others.

You are only one that can think know better than board/Xavi. Nice.

serghei

All 3 options are expensive btw, non will cost less than 40M , Zubimendi buyout is 60M.
Those are clear future starting DM option, no club is paying that money for depth.
Seems clear that rumours of Busquets wanting to leave is accurate and we are preparing for life after him a year in advance (although we might wait another year at the end)

Neves & Zubimendi are closer to prime Busquets style btw, although the later is simply more of a true DM than the former.
Tchoumeni is a b2b, a 6 & 8 hybrid but is probably superior player than both.
Zubimendi seems mediocre to me, by both eye test and stats but maybe I am missing something.
I think Neves is the most likely scenario btw.
Zubimendi is the one I don't want unless RS suddenly accept something around 25M. Neves and Tchoumeni I will be happy to get

Oddly, I think Neves will be most expensive of the 3, PL tax and all.

JamDav1982

It would play in Barcas favour the power Mendes has at Wolves.

They benefit a lot from him and his contacts and part of that would be not making it impossible to move his clients on to bigger clubs would think.

jamrock

Tchoumeni would be the most expensive because their will be more than 2 clubs in for him. Let's say we had the money to sign him, Madrid are also interested & psg according to rumours, so that's a bidding war right there.

Next would be neves, epl tax as said above.
Zubimendi shouldn't even be a serious consideration.

JamDav1982

Rarely these transfers turn out to be a bidding war driving up costs of players.

More likely Tchoumeni decides where he wants to go, agrees terms and then tells club to make that deal.

Zidane82

All 3 options are expensive btw, non will cost less than 40M , Zubimendi buyout is 60M.
Those are clear future starting DM option, no club is paying that money for depth.
Seems clear that rumours of Busquets wanting to leave is accurate and we are preparing for life after him a year in advance (although we might wait another year at the end)

Neves & Zubimendi are closer to prime Busquets style btw, although the later is simply more of a true DM than the former.
Tchoumeni is a b2b, a 6 & 8 hybrid but is probably superior player than both.
Zubimendi seems mediocre to me, by both eye test and stats but maybe I am missing something.
I think Neves is the most likely scenario btw.
Zubimendi is the one I don't want unless RS suddenly accept something around 25M. Neves and Tchoumeni I will be happy to get

Neves is not good enough to clean Busquets?s boots let alone replace him .. he is an average player who has a great long shot/ strike on him .

Plays nothing like Busqs

gasgas

.....................Pena
Mazraoi..Araujo..Christensen..Sosa
.....................neves...
..raphinha.kessie..pedri...dembele
.......................fati....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans