Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Looks like we are trying up that Raphina deal up.

If we manage to sign Lewa and Killa Kounde in addition to Raphina, Kessie and Christensen then that shit is gonna hit like crack in the 80's.

Temptation

Epl would go down as soon as klopp and guardiola go away. Guardiola, klopp, eth, tuchel, conte.. thats a lot of coaches that are considered in top 10 managers easily. They improved the league massively. As of pool of talent, spain/south american pool would improve a lot when they start to follow epl's physical preparations.

PL won't go down as a league.

La Liga with peak Madrid and Barca couldn't get the viewership and revenue an average period in PL got.

A league has more than 2 teams. People need to stop pretending La Liga was like 90's Italia. It wasn't. One of the most top heavy leagues.

Real winning the CL this season doesn't make LL any better. Even the club presidents would tell you that.

Porque

La Liga with peak Madrid and Barca couldn't get the viewership and revenue an average period in PL got.

A league has more than 2 teams. People need to stop pretending La Liga was like 90's Italia. It wasn't. One of the most top heavy leagues.

In 2015 Fernandez Sanz (I forgot his position at the time) said "we decided to change the name of the league from LFP to LaLiga because we realsied that's what people called the league."

The league never stood a chance.

Porque

[Goal] Santos refuses ?20 million offer from Newcastle United for the 17 years old winger Angelo Gabriel.

This is the guy we have an option on, right?

Thought I would quote this again as Newcastle are back in for Angelo Gabriel and we may miss out on him. Of course we have both the clause to buy and the option to match should Santos agree less than that clause.

If you haven't seen him in games, these highlights show pretty effectively what he is like in game. Clearly a very high level talent for being 17. Flashes of absolute brilliance mixed in with alot of work needed.

And being 17, he can't move to Newcastle (or anyone) until he is 18 which is in December- so next transfer window.

vs. Flamengo

vs. Corinthians

vs. Bragantino

Messi983

If we buy Raphinha don't see us going after Angelo as well. Would make more sense if we don't get Raphinha and only renew Dembele for two years though.

I know he's only 17 but doesn't look anything special against Flamengo and Corinthians imo, a few flashes vs RBB though. Still think Kaiky is probably the better talent between the two but don't think it's likely we'll sign him either. It's a shame we don't have an option on Marcos Leonardo instead. Could buy him next summer (when Auba leaves) and be a backup behind Lewa (if bought) for a season or two before taking over.

Kul_z

Real winning the CL this season doesn't make LL any better. Even the club presidents would tell you that.

Yes it would go down in every statistical department. Not saying it would go missing.
The viewership and revenue is the key considering the amount of money a mid table club have and what and how they are playing. Thats diabolical and insult of the sane mind. That fantasy shit that morons play is also one of the reasons why are they followed that much. Out of city liverpool and chelsea(doubt) there is nothing interesting to see there.
Real winning cl this year is anomaly, and it doesnt make anything better or worse for la liga

Temptation

Yes it would go down in every statistical department. Not saying it would go missing.
The viewership and revenue is the key considering the amount of money a mid table club have and what and how they are playing. Thats diabolical and insult of the sane mind. That fantasy shit that morons play is also one of the reasons why are they followed that much. Out of city liverpool and chelsea(doubt) there is nothing interesting to see there.
Real winning cl this year is anomaly, and it doesnt make anything better or worse for la liga

The thing is PL's "down" phase is more fruitful than any other league's "up" phase.

The interest some of the bang average midtable clubs in Premier League get globally is way more than what corresponding clubs from other leagues get.

Plus, currently with the influx of foreign managers you get to see teams with all kinds of playing style. Starting from the more 'cultured' big teams to the good old English kick and rush merchants and Stoke/Burnley type outfits.

The league is so special in terms of entertainment and star value.

Which club would you say are the Tottenham of Spain/Italy/Germany?? Whatever it is, a manager like Conte would never go to such clubs in his peak. Pulling power of Prem is insane.

Temptation

British boys can't admit spanish clubs are owners of football in last 15 years.

Barca and Real are destroying overrated premier league clubs for fun.

They would win 13/15 league titles, if they were in England

What you guys don't realise is that one off games in the CL/EL don't make an entire league better. That's not how it works. La Liga is as top heavy as Bundesliga. Not to mention that the other leagues' schedules are more helpful for Europe than in England.

Barca and Real can be the 2 strongest teams in the world despite their league being shite.

The 10th placed German team defeated the 2nd placed La Liga team recently. So I'm guessing Bundesliga is better than La Liga currently? :lol:
It's almost as if an entire league system doesn't work like that.

More than anybody, your club's presidents will tell you which league has dominated Football for the last decade or so and how their league just can't keep up.

The only people hiding behind narratives are the Messi Ronaldo fanboys who want to project that their idols spent their peak in the best league. They didn't. 2(or 2 and a half) teams don't make it the best league.

Last edited:

jamrock

The answer every EPL fan gives to every question is, we have all the monies. Lol.

No one denies they have all the monies, but even with all that monies it has not translated to great success on the international stage for club or country, that is just a objective & undeniable fact.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Messi & Ronaldo fan boys don't need to try to reshape events to make it seems as if two of the top 5-7 best players that has every walked the face of the planet played it the best league, playing their entire careers in the EPL wouldn't help their legacies none, at their best they were talking epl teams consistently whenever they met and for a good half of their careers at the league, la Liga was the best league on the planet point blank period, much like the EPL is now.

EPL is the richest, most successful, most popular, football league in the world, the EPL has failed to turned all that success into winning on the international stage for club or country consistently.

That statement is a 100% factual statement that cannot be argued against.

Let's see what will happen in the next 10 years.

Also let's us not pretend like every single EPL team didn't sign up for the super league as well.

So this whole European teams or so scared of the epl they ran to setup the super league isn't quite how it went down.

No team in la Liga is the equivalent to spurs financially, but have spurs play Villarreal or Sevilla over two legs when anyone wants, make it a best of 5 even.

No one can say with certainty, spurs will win that.

Last edited:

Temptation

Continental success is almost irrelevant here. No one claimed PL teams did better in Europe than the Spanish giants in the last decade. The record says it all. Over the last decade, Madrid and Barca have been the 2 most successful clubs itw.

My point was that PL is the best DOMESTIC League itw and it's not close.

And yes, PL fanboys are extremely arrogant and annoying in certain respects. For instance, you'd see Arsenal and United fans laugh off the Europa as if it's beneath them saying shit like "Just play the academy kids" which is not an attitude I endorse whatsoever. Extremely boneheaded pov.

In my post, there's objectivity and no bias even as a PL club fan.

I have always maintained that CL is the biggest trophy in club Football and the PL fans who say PL is bigger are utterly deluded(and many say that; even pundits). But it's just as delusional to try to deny my point about PL being the best league itw bringing arguments like CL which is off topic. It's not like PL teams do terribly in the CL anyways.

Like I have myself stated through the prism of objectivity that Barca and Real are definitely the 2 best clubs of the last decade but that isn't all that's in the La Liga. Even Bayern are generally better than any PL team including the club I support. Although imo, we are still the best(or at worst 2nd best) team in Europe currently.

jamrock

Continental success is almost irrelevant here. No one claimed PL teams did better in Europe than the Spanish giants in the last decade. The record says it all. Over the last decade, Madrid and Barca have been the 2 most successful clubs itw.

My point was that PL is the best DOMESTIC League itw and it's not close.

And yes, PL fanboys are extremely arrogant and annoying in certain respects. For instance, you'd see Arsenal and United fans laugh off the Europa as if it's beneath them saying shit like "Just play the academy kids" which is not an attitude I endorse whatsoever. Extremely boneheaded pov.

In my post, there's objectivity and no bias even as a PL club fan.

I have always maintained that CL is the biggest trophy in club Football and the PL fans who say PL is bigger are utterly deluded(and many say that; even pundits). But it's just as delusional to try to deny my point about PL being the best league itw bringing arguments like CL which is off topic. It's not like PL teams do terribly in the CL anyways.

Like I have myself stated through the prism of objectivity that Barca and Real are definitely the 2 best clubs of the last decade but that isn't all that's in the La Liga. Even Bayern are generally better than any PL team including the club I support. Although imo, we are still the best(or at worst 2nd best) team in Europe currently.

The point is over the last 10 years the EPL has not been the best league in the world, 10-15 even and confidential success over that period just goes to further reenforce this fact, despite them having all the monies, so no continental success is not irrelevant as Spanish teams have dominated in the CL & EL pretty much consistently during those periods so it's not just about Madrid & Barcelona, those two comps are pretty objective ways of measurement how good teams in both leagues have been & during that time

Barcelona, Madrid, atletico, Sevilla, Villarreal have all out done their ERL equivalent.

Is the EPL the best league in the world now for sure, has it been since Messi & Ronaldo has been in la Liga has was claimed, hellll freaking no.

jamrock

Some always act as If la Liga since Messi & Ronaldo has been there is this two team league where everyone just turns up & gets beaten 3-0.

When nothing of the sort is even remotely 3, we've had 3 different league winners in that time, pretty much the exact same as the EPL.

So anyway you wanna split it, the narrative is just simply wrong.

EPL will continue to have more monies & with the way tebas is fucking la Liga the gab will continue to grow between both leagues.

Temptation

Massively disagree but I'm sure all the Barca Forum members will agree with you......

Infact, frankly speaking there's more potential as a league in Serie A than in La Liga given it gets the right level of investment, financial management and corruption in tge right aspects(yup!)......Serie A has the potential to be as good as the PL but ofcourse it's in shambles currently and even behind the Bundesliga right now.

Fun fact: City owners have just acquired Palermo so you never know....

Football is going through an Oil Revolution and there's no use running away from it like the Bundesliga have done with their "Holier than thou" BS. The truth is PL hierarchy are a bunch of greedy, corrupt, money hungry cunts and that has surprisingly led to PL being the spectacle it is.

In La Liga, Barca have the luxury of being totally shite and still not having to worry about top 4/CL qualification. In the PL, United or Chelsea don't have that guarantee cushion. Just a tougher league....even top 4 is pretty tough. No room for errors. You have a bad spell..Boom! Welcome to Thursday Night Football.

jamrock

Massively disagree with what exactly? Counter any of the points I made, which are all objective facts, it would be hella difficult to do so.

Both leagues have had similar amounts of league winners over X period of time.

Spanish teams not just Barcelona & Madrid have excelled in Europe.

La Liga was objectively better than EPL for at least half of the time Messi & Ronaldo was here, so no need for fan boys to try to make up any narrative their to suit two of the goats, it's simply not needed & the easiest part of your argument to defeat.

Serie could be bigger for the fact that is has more "name brand clubs" than la Liga historically speaking & la Liga is being ran by an idiot.

But the fact that Barcelona & Madrid are by some ways the two biggiest teams in the world, once they are both competitive it will give la Liga the edge over every league not named epl, unless tebas fucks that too.

mc_lovin

Infact, frankly speaking there's more potential as a league in Serie A than in La Liga given it gets the right level of investment, financial management and corruption in tge right aspects(yup!)......Serie A has the potential to be as good as the PL but ofcourse it's in shambles currently and even behind the Bundesliga right now.

How? :lol: Massively shit point, but then again you ridiculed people for saying Madrid will win the CL final. How does that feel by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans