Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucky

Selling Rapinha after few months here, he didn't even start for few games except on start, but no rumours about selling Alba, Busqets and Roberto.

Rapinha can be really decent here, he will not be Neymar but compared to other frauds he is Messi.

I agree.. Sell Ferran, keep Raphinha..

Porque

Linked with 18yr old Oscar Gloukh from Maccabi.

Quick YouTube and I can see why were interested. Interesting looking player with Spuds and Monaco also interested.

Messi983

Danilo Oliveira apparently on his way to Nottingham Forest for 18m despite Monaco also being interested but their offer was lower (13m according to L'Equipe).

Porque

"Pep Guardiola's team is close to repeating the operation with M?ximo Perrone in exchange for eleven million euros, a player who in his day was offered to Barcelona by Rolando Zarate with hardly any financial outlay, and was rejected."

From Marca today, in the article mentioning both Barca and Madrid are keenly tracking Prestianni.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
A Memphis/Correa swap deal is close to happen between Barcelona and Inter. Only the final OK from Memphis is missing.

What do we think? He's a worse player than Depay imo but he can play on the left wing, better dribbling and pace.

vuji_31

Well depay was free, we are letting him for free, and getting this one for free, depay didn't play here, so don't care of he os on lower wages then Depay.

gregorrin10

A Memphis/Correa swap deal is close to happen between Barcelona and Inter. Only the final OK from Memphis is missing.

What do we think? He's a worse player than Depay imo but he can play on the left wing, better dribbling and pace.

Better than letting Depay go for free in 5 months for sure. Probably better than Carrasco too, since he's a year younger, so he has a bit more (not much though) re-sale value. Even though Carrasco could bring something good too, but I'm kinda glad we refuse to deal with Pathetico again, cause you just know Depay would probably turn into a beast out of nowhere for them. And I actually doubt Atletico would even be willing to make that swap, I only read that we were interested, but not Atletico. They'd probably want Depay for like 1M or even on loan until his contract ended or some crazy free deal shit, like we basically gifted them Villa.

Since we're going the swap route, we were never going to get a world beater in exchange for 6 month remaining contract Depay, but at least it's something. And I actually think Correa might do well in a team with wingers, yes he looks lost in Inter, but only because they play 3-5-2, where he basically has to play as a second striker. But he's got decent pace and is probably better on the wings than Ferran (not hard though). Hopefully we ship out Ferran in the summer too and get a proper starting LW in though (if Fati doesn't pick it up), but Correa can be a good backup for a couple of years nonetheless.

gregorrin10

Loan or permanent?

You'd think permanent, considering Depay's contract ends in 5 months. Don't think we're stupid enough to gift Depay to anyone just to get someone on loan. Will probably put Correa on a lot lower salary than Depay as well, and most likely a similar length wise as we offered Depay when we got him (1.5 to 2.5 year deal). And will probably save a bunch of wages, which will help before the summer too. Can always also sell on Correa in the next 6-18 months, if he doesn't work out. Thing is, both Depay and Correa would work better in different systems, Depay would absolutely love the 3-5-2 Inter formation, where he can basically play as the second striker, which is what Correa has been playing there and not enjoying, as he's more of a winger, which will work nicely with us.

khaled_a_d

You'd think permanent, considering Depay's contract ends in 5 months. Don't think we're stupid enough to gift Depay to anyone just to get someone on loan. Will probably put Correa on a lot lower salary than Depay as well, and most likely a similar length wise as we offered Depay when we got him (1.5 to 2.5 year deal). And will probably save a bunch of wages, which will help before the summer too. Can always also sell on Correa in the next 6-18 months, if he doesn't work out. Thing is, both Depay and Correa would work better in different systems, Depay would absolutely love the 3-5-2 Inter formation, where he can basically play as the second striker, which is what Correa has been playing there and not enjoying, as he's more of a winger, which will work nicely with us.

Signing players at that age and level to be assets will unlikely work tbh. He will more likely to be a deadweight enjoying the City and being Barca player.

gregorrin10

I think we wanted Carrasco first and would do the swap with Atletico, but they refused, so we're trying anything to get at least something (or someone) before his contract runs out, which makes complete sense. At least we put Correa on maybe an 18 month contract, so we have leverage, even if we decide to sell him on this summer already, while we'd have lost Depay on a free no matter what, cause he for sure wouldn't want to renew anymore, since he knows Xavi won't play him. Not a done deal yet though, hopefully Depay accepts and doesn't screw us by wanting to wait on a another free transfer this summer.

soul24rage

No No No, stay away from J. Correa. The only thing Correa is good at is counter attacking while playing as a second striker with decent linkup.

His finishing is at the same level as Ferran Torres.

The Argentinian fans that I know of and me included were "relieved" that he was not able to make the WC squad due to injury.

Also, he seems to get some niggly injuries along the way too.

gregorrin10

No No No, stay away from J. Correa. The only thing Correa is good at is counter attacking while playing as a second striker with decent linkup.

His finishing is at the same level as Ferran Torres.

The Argentinian fans that I know of and me included were "relieved" that he was not able to make the WC squad due to injury.

That's funny, I think he's struggled at Inter exactly because he has to play second striker in their 3-5-2 formation. Would suit a team with wingers much more. At least he has good pace and dribbling...unlike Ferran and Depay, who we keep wanting to play as wingers, even though they're anything but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans