Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andresito

Staff member
Even Paco scored plenty in that league.

Risk of Thuram looking like a donkey here. He's physical though I'll give him that.

Messi983

I think the interest in Roque is concrete, and it is achievable deal since he can be loaned back to avoid problems with registration.
Barca is clearly trying to find a young and cheaper long term replacement to Lewandowski, which makes sense.

In other news, seems both us and Betis are working on joint deal for Danilo Oliveira

Sure, I'm not against looking for a younger striker but is it really in our best interest to spend 30m on a player that likely won't be of immediate use when we have bigger priorities like RB and DM?

Roque will also turn 18 next month so would be eligible to join us in summer. Would we keep him (if he can be registered) and try him out also as a winger (can apparently play there) to give him more playing time. But then again if we're looking for a winger (which I think we should) wouldn't it be better to spend same money on that other Brazilian kid (Angelo Gabriel)?

Really depends on how the club rates both of them and what plans we'd have for either of them if signed (or potentially both but that's almost impossible as unlike RM we're just not in position to spend big money on potential future Brazilian wonderkids).

Would we let him in Brazil for another year (probably best for his development but would his club really give him enough minutes knowing they've already cashed on him or would they prefer to play their other kids?) or try to loan so he can adapt to European football. Loaning him to Ligue 1, Eredivisie or Portuguese league would probably make more sense from a developing standpoint than loaning him to La Liga club as these leagues are giving chances to more younger players. At the same time would also be wary of loaning him to a club like Toulouse, Vitesse or Gil Vicente (just pulling some names out of my a** :lol:) as they would have little to no reason to develop him ahead of their own players unless he'd be clearly better than his team mates which is hard to expect from a 18 yo kid coming straight from Brazil.

Yeah, I've read rumours about repeating the Emerson scenario with Danilo Oliveira. Without knowing too much about him not against that kind of deal but if he's meant to be Busi's replacement we needed that like 3-4 years ago not waiting for another year or two on him. Unless we plan to extend Imhotep (seems very likely but please no) or if he leaves replace him with another short term option like Kante or Jorginho (not really a fan of this personally but would take it if it means Busi is gone) then from a financial viewpoint I'd understand that operation but not really that much from a sporting perspective.

We need players who can help first team immediately. Any big money (and in current situation really any signing over 15-20m could be considered as big money for us) spending should be on first team ready players at positions of needs. And then we can potentially spend some money on cheaper talents like Pablo Torre and hope some of them will turn out good. But using 30m for a player that won't be here next season seems very unlikely to me.

Hope to be wrong though and that we'll find a way to address first team needs and potentially also get a wonderkid or two for future as I usually quite like to follow progress of our loanees. Well, obviously those who could have future here not players who are loaned because we want to get rid off them.

Messi983

Even Paco scored plenty in that league.

Risk of Thuram looking like a donkey here. He's physical though I'll give him that.

Little Marcus here learning from future GOAT. :)

FmEkGYhWYAAMA16

FmIlW1zXEAMUE01

Damn, this pic bring back a lot of great memories (some not so good too tbh)

FmIV6sRaEAEN5j0

Porque

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]. Would have gone for Andrey or Perrone out of SA rather than Victor Roque (who in all honesty will probably not end here, but rather Madrid ala Rodrygo or EPL. Needs way to much for our needs too). Especially when Thuram and a lesser extent Moukoko are on free's.

Not sure on Danilo to Betis either. It would probably be more of a financial deal than for our first team, considering I have seen him linked to Euro clubs for a good 1-2 years and nothing has come to fruition. Makes me think he is not as good as the media links are saying, and as you say, we need a Busi replacement next Summer (or rather last summer!) and not 2/3 years down the line.

Last little point on Danilo. It's curious we would use the Betis co-deal again considering that was a deal under the old board. Different management but same way of business. Hmm.

Andresito

Staff member
Cool pics tbh. We need to have 'bring your kids to work' days so that we can snatch them up 15 years later.

khaled_a_d

Sure, I'm not against looking for a younger striker but is it really in our best interest to spend 30m on a player that likely won't be of immediate use when we have bigger priorities like RB and DM?

If he isn't registered next summer, he won't be a difference in resources allocated for DM and RB though.
Also doesn't feel we are going for a RB, but rather a CB and move Kounde to RM permanently (at least under Xavi tenure) and while it isn't something I advocate for, I prefer it than signing a player like Foyth or Pavard and let next coach be stuck with them at RB.
As for Angelo, he looks far inferior than Roque tbh, and he plays as RW, which is the best position for 3 of our attackers. He should cost less btw and won't be mad if we get him.
Roque is more athletic attacker though, and can operate as a striker, seems like he can be someone of the same breed as Alvarez or Aguero. A short but technical and explosive number 9.
With Lewa's age, I think smart thing is to sign a young 9 who can replace him in couple of years. If our scouts see him as that (which many rumours point out to that) I think it is better to gamble on him now.

[MENTION=20930]Would have gone for Andrey or Perrone out of SA rather than Victor Roque (who in all honesty will probably not end here, but rather Madrid ala Rodrygo or EPL. Needs way to much for our needs too). Especially when Thuram and a lesser extent Moukoko are on free's.

At some point some of those Brazilian will try their luck somewhere else, I mean even Rodrygo isn't exactly a starter at RM and might never be, Renier seems like a failed story.
Money will be a big factor and we might lose him because of that, that is true.
Moukoko apparently has a big offer from Newcastle (with 30M sign-in bonus) which basically rule him out, and make him far from "free" sadly. He would have been perfect choice.
Thuram OTOH, don't know, he will be 26 next summer with clubs like Manu, Bayern etc wants him. And we don't make much sense for him, do we?
I mean if you get a Moukoko or Roque, he sees a 2-3 year plan for him to be Barca number 9 while he is still 22 or so. That isn't bad.
Thuram though? He should have better suitors than being Lewa's back up while he is at his peak.

[MENTION=20930]Not sure on Danilo to Betis either. It would probably be more of a financial deal than for our first team, considering I have seen him linked to Euro clubs for a good 1-2 years and nothing has come to fruition. Makes me think he is not as good as the media links are saying, and as you say, we need a Busi replacement next Summer (or rather last summer!) and not 2/3 years down the line.

It is weird deal, yeah.
I think he has potential to be good reinforcement but we are simply not sure, and it is basically Betis wanting the deal but needs our help.
Could be one for future though, as he is just 21 and if signed this winter, could see him proving himself quickly enough for us to consider him.

Porque

[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]

Roque has some special traits but is too much of a project for us I feel. As you say for Rodrygo for example (and Camavinga right now), he isn't starting right now but somehow Madrid manage to curve expectation and make it work. Us in the same situation would either stagnate his (Roque) development or destroy the resale value. We're just not very good in developing bench players and giving them minutes in general. Xavi seems no different in this case either.

Didn't realise Moukoko had such big offers but I guess it is expected. Thuram will probably get similar offers. I reckon his game will suit the EPL teams more than us, but if we had a respectable budget then we do have the possibility of giving him a first team position. With your example, AML but also to replace Lewandowski if and when.

Good point on Danilo.

Zidane82

🚨🚨| JUST IN: FC Barcelona have decided to listen to offers for Ferran Torres, Ansu Fati & Raphinha. @10JoseAlvarez

khaled_a_d

Roque has some special traits but is too much of a project for us I feel. As you say for Rodrygo for example (and Camavinga right now), he isn't starting right now but somehow Madrid manage to curve expectation and make it work. Us in the same situation would either stagnate his (Roque) development or destroy the resale value. We're just not very good in developing bench players and giving them minutes in general. Xavi seems no different in this case either.

All fair points, but do we have a choice? A CF is always going to be expensive if he isn't a project.
At some point we will have to make it work.
If we get Roque or someone else of that type, he should be loaned a year or more and comes back in 2024 or 2025, get gradually develop in Liga.
We surely bad at this stuff, but improving in it should be a priority otherwise the club is doomed

serghei

[MENTION=11668]

Madrid don't put that much pressure on their teenagers. Pressure was/is still on their old core, Benzema, Kroos, old Modric, Casemiro, Carvajal... You don't see many of the very young players starting at once like in our case (also, their young players are like 22-23, not 18-20). Only Vinicius was forced a bit before he got comfortable it seemed, and he did get some heat for his poor finishing in the first 1-2 seasons as a prominent player.

Just vs Atletico, Barca started Pedri 20, Gavi 18, Balde 19, Ansu 20. Far too many at once in order to have a natural development.

You don't see that at Madrid in these big games. Florentino is much too smart and experienced to push the club in such a position where you don't have a better choice than that. At Barca, such is the state of the squad that these youngsters are some of our best players on those positions.

Normally you'd ease-in Gavi, and play Thiago Alcantara as a starter. But if you in the meantime lost Thiago, and signed some Arda and Gomes and so on... Gavi has to start 2-3 years earlier.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Selling Rapinha after few months here, he didn't even start for few games except on start, but no rumours about selling Alba, Busqets and Roberto.

Rapinha can be really decent here, he will not be Neymar but compared to other frauds he is Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans