Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

So Dembele was missed and that was your rant after United as Raphinha could not be same threat from deep as he is to be left 1v1.

The fact he has the goals and assists is part of the reason could get decent fee for him and he has had good moments but not worth 70m as a back up for me.. assuming that would be price could get.

He's not back-up, he's part of the core 13-14 players in this team that Xavi trust and sees as starters on game by game decision-making. Same way Coman, Gnabry at Bayern are not back-ups. Raphinha played quite serious minutes, more than those two. That's how top teams roll. You don't have 11 good players and then a gap as big as mount Everest to the other 10-11 "back-ups".

Not unless you want to get sent packing in CL groups again.

JamDav1982

He's not back-up. Same way Coman, Gnabry at Bayern are not back-ups. Raphinha played quite serious minutes. That's how top teams roll. You don't have 11 players and then a gap as big as mount Everest.

Not unless you want to get sent packing in CL groups again.

He is back up o Dembele.

Coman and Gnabry are irrelevant as not same discussion on Bayern needing to sell to improve other areas of team anyway.

You scenario has the gaps of quality in other areas. Despite your argument as if it is just the same squad without Raphinha.

One week moaning about how Xavi cant get past United with Dembele missing and slagging Raphina to high heavens the next saying need him for when Dembele injured as a 'top winger'.

What a terrible argument about CL... you do realise Barca went out in Groups of CL and by Feb in Europa league WITH Raphinha...

Better DM and Xavi choossing better players and be fine in CL without Raphinha dont worry.

malvolio

Huh? There is no correlation between the two. Not unless you think a top squad means 8-10 good players, half of them youngsters.

What we need to do is keep our best players and add some more over that to improve the squad. That's self-explanatory really. Selling or losing our best players is basically moving in the opposite way and weakening the team, which in fact we should be looking to improve it by way of signing top players.

If we can't sign top players, then at least don't lose your best performers. De Jong and Dembele are not perfect or world class, but certainly among the 5 best players of this team.

As said, I'd be ok with keeping the same squad, selling 2-3 underperformers, and making some squad related transfers and maybe one potential starter signing in Gundogan who finishes his contract soon with City.

1-2 max of our current starting eleven are not sellable for any fee. For the rest is just a matter of the amount received. Say we get 100m for Raphinha, we would sell in a heartbeat.

serghei

1-2 max of our current starting eleven are not sellable for any fee. For the rest is just a matter of the amount received. Say we get 100m for Raphinha, we would sell in a heartbeat.

Yes, yes, and buy who? :lol:

Nobody would pay 100m anyway. If you sell him, it's gonna be for a tiny profit maybe, like 10-15m over what we paid. Completely not worth it. Attack is bad anyway. It's not like you sell Raphinha and come back to Barcelona with Victor Osimhen or Haaland lol. It's not that simple.

You probably take the money and invest it in some "bets" like Ferran Torres, hopefully with better outcome. Pass.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You are now arguing Barca NEED Raphinha to get past CL group stages... where a couple weeks back said Barca missed Dembele as one of reasons coulldnt go past United in EL.

Consistent stuff.

The idea of selling likes of Raphinha or any other play is to try and improve other areas of squad lacking in not just to be same squad but without him.

JamDav1982

Nobody would pay 100m anyway. If you sell him, it's gonna be for a tiny profit maybe, like 10-15m over what we paid. Completely not worth it. Attack is bad anyway. It's not like you sell Raphinha and come back to Barcelona with Victor Osimhen or Haaland lol. It's not that simple.

You probably take the money and invest it in some "bets" like Ferran Torres, hopefully with better outcome. Pass.

Thats not how it works for how much profit would get on Raphinha.

serghei

You are now arguing Barca NEED Raphinha to get past CL group stages... where a couple weeks back said Barca missed Dembele as one of reasons coulldnt go past United in EL.

Consistent stuff.

The idea of selling likes of Raphinha or any other play is to try and improve other areas of squad lacking in not just to be same squad but without him.

Attack is lacking the most dude. Worst scoring season in ages, and defense is doing amazing. You sell Raphinha, you bring me an elite LW, or an elite 9, or don't bother. That's how it is.

malvolio

You were the one who mentioned 10 players non-sellable. I say there are many who can be sold if a big offer comes in - like in the case of receiving 120M for FDJ.

JamDav1982

Attack is lacking the most dude. Worst scoring season in ages, and defense is doing amazing. You sell Raphinha, you bring me an elite LW, or an elite 9, or don't bother. That's how it is.

Yes attack is lacking the most. I agree. Hence why would sell any of them bar Dembele.

But you argue one minute need likes of Raphinha for Europe then next Barca went out as had no one that can replace Dembele.

Raphinha is part of that faltering attack even if has some goals/assists as are Xavis tactics.

If had an attacking RB I would prefer Raphinah doing Gavis job from right and Dembele on left than current set up and would drop Gavi but will never happen.

By summer it will be talk of Raphinha to Chelsea for a Mudryk swap to Barca.

In reality FDJ is the one player from Barca Chelsea would take above all else...

serghei

You were the one who mentioned 10 players non-sellable. I say there are many who can be sold if a big offer comes in - like in the case of receiving 120M for FDJ.

I told you my approach.

Your approach doesn't work for me, sounds terrible. A team needs stability and to reward players that show growth and ambition. There are 10 Barca players that this season showed interesting stuff. And another 7-8, like Ferret, Roberto, Ansu Fati, Kessie, Alonso, Garcia that are pretty far from the others.

Alba and Busi did enough this season as veterans to not be a problem if they stay around 1 more season. They got with the program basically.

Last edited:

malvolio

I told you my approach.

Your approach doesn't work for me, sounds terrible. A team needs stability and to reward players that show growth and ambition.

Of course we are not talking about selling 7 players to buy other 7. But let's be honest, huge amounts that would make room to maneuvre in the market for 1-2 players would not be impossible.

JamDav1982

I told you my approach.

Your approach doesn't work for me, sounds terrible. A team needs stability and to reward players that show growth and ambition. There are 10 Barca players that this season showed interesting stuff. And another 7-8, like Ferret, Roberto, Ansu Fati, Kessie, Alonso, Garcia that are pretty far from the others.

Alba and Busi did enough this season as veterans to not be a problem if they stay around 1 more season. They got with the program basically.

Busi and Alba cost a fortune.

Club should be doing all can to force Alba out at this stage.

Busi was miles off it in the CL again but with FDJ babysitting him not been as bad since.

serghei

Of course we are not talking about selling 7 players to buy other 7. But let's be honest, huge amounts that would make room to maneuvre in the market for 1-2 players would not be impossible.

Depends on who the names will be. I'm selling De Jong for what?

Bernardo Silva? Hell no, terrible deal.

serghei

Busi and Alba cost a fortune.

Club should be doing all can to force Alba out at this stage.

Busi was miles off it in the CL again but with FDJ babysitting him not been as bad since.

Apparently club will negotiate a massive salary cut with them. In this case, considering our situation, they are still valuable squad members at the very least.

JamDav1982

Apparently club will negotiate a massive salary cut with them. In this case, considering our situation, they are still valuable squad members at the very least.

Busquets there is nothinhg to negotiate really as he should not be getting anything near what was on but signing him again may allow them to delay deferred salary.

I doubt Alba gives up much at all and even half his salary... forcing him out is more beneficial.

Busi a year older vs teams in Europe with pace/power.... also FDJ woud be freed up a bit not having to always play for Busquets even if gets best out of Busi currently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans