Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The sad fact is that Bergvall would probably be our best CDM. Just play him, half of La Liga is akin to Swedish league fodder he has been playing against all season any way.

Season is dead. That Classico loss was the day this team died. No more Roberto, Romeu, Ferran, Lewa, Raph, Kounde, Gundogan.

More Fort, Cubarsi, Bergvall, Fermin, Guiiiiiinaldo, Lamine and Vitor Roque.

khaled_a_d

He looks excellent. If you ignore the physical profile, he plays very similar to Thiago Alcantara. Alot of the same touches and movements.

He is most definitely a project signing, but profile wise (and I kind of hate saying this) closer to the classic Barca DNA player than the likes of Darvich, Gavi, etc.

Always felt that Thiago was a superior passer tbh, but good call.

Porque

Also linked with with Jose Melro of Benfica. May be a B signing as 19 and hasn't debut for the first team, but good numbers at their u23.

khaled_a_d

Also linked with with Jose Melro of Benfica. May be a B signing as 19 and hasn't debut for the first team, but good numbers at their u23.

One more year left in contract and his agent is Leaderbrock, whom their top clients are Pedri & Ferran.
Possibly an agent connection, maybe he is using us to raise his value, or offering him to us

Messi983

8 goals in less than 400 minutes played, great stats tbh.

Don't know anything about Liga Revelecao (Portuguese U23 league) but Benfica is only 4th in their group 14 points behind Estoril U23 so those numbers are not only a result of him playing in a dominant team.

Doesn't look anything special to me. We surely have similar or better talents coming through La Masia. And Ibrahim Diarra who we've already signed looks 2-3 levels above him while being younger.

But if we can get him for cheap to help out the B team for a few years and then maybe sell for a small profit wouldn't be opposed to sign him. And who knows, maybe time will show he's actually some hidden gem who can develop into something more.

Porque

Weird deal, he isn't a Simeone type of player tbh.
25M reported verbal agreement

Makes you wonder where our DMC will come from.

Zubi o nada?

To be fair to Atleti, they have done pretty well over the past 6 months selling shitters for around 100m+

khaled_a_d

Makes you wonder where our DMC will come from.

Zubi o nada?

To be fair to Atleti, they have done pretty well over the past 6 months selling shitters for around 100m+

For what it's worth, I thought Vermeeren is going to be CM rather than DM, although last year he played in the exact Busquets role for them.

I think we essentially have 4 options for DM:

-Wait for a La Masia, that is self explanatory.

-Sign a young cheaper option, we followed both Vermeeren and Moscardo but it is a position that most clubs are willing to pay premium for. Both went for 25M at the age of 18. Not sure who is currently available but between now and summer someone might emerge.

-The cheap way: Guido or Ndidi, essentially a replica of what we did last summer

-Raise funds and go big: Zubimendi is the obvious option, Palinha,J. Neves & Bruno are others.
But considering we will still need to register Roque, I've no idea how we will do it.

Last edited:

Porque

Mendes has said that both Joao's will sign/stay at Barcelona.

So the question is whether those funds (and huge salaries) would be better allocated in other positions.

Money for Roque, so we could have got a Moscardo, Vermeeran or Varela had we prioritiesed.

Not saying that I see huge value in those three mind you.

Personally I'd still suggest going for Andrey Santos. Given his torrid time at Chelsea we could probably get him for cheap or even a loan+purchase.

As seen in the likes of Yan Couto, Savio that there is generally an adaption phase to European football and leagues. The styles make a difference, and no one would have suggested either being Barca quality a year ago.

Andrey could be the next like those.

Messi983

For what it's worth, I thought Vermeeren is going to be CM rather than DM, although last year he played in the exact Busquets role for them.

I think we essentially have 4 options for DM:

-Wait for a La Masia, that is self explanatory.

-Sign a young cheaper option, we followed both Vermeeren and Moscardo but it is a position that most clubs are willing to pay premium for. Both went for 25M at the age of 18. Not sure who is currently available but between now and summer someone might emerge.

-The cheap way: Guido or Ndidi, essentially a replica of what we did last summer

-Raise funds and go big: Zubimendi is the obvious option, Palinha,J. Neves & Bruno are others.
But considering we will still need to register Roque, I've no idea how we will do it.

Option number 5

Bring back number 5 :busquets:

khaled_a_d

Mendes has said that both Joao's will sign/stay at Barcelona.

So the question is whether those funds (and huge salaries) would be better allocated in other positions.

Money for Roque, so we could have got a Moscardo, Vermeeran or Varela had we prioritiesed.

Not saying that I see huge value in those three mind you.

Personally I'd still suggest going for Andrey Santos. Given his torrid time at Chelsea we could probably get him for cheap or even a loan+purchase.

As seen in the likes of Yan Couto, Savio that there is generally an adaption phase to European football and leagues. The styles make a difference, and no one would have suggested either being Barca quality a year ago.

Andrey could be the next like those.

I think he said we want to, not that we will sign them. Both could easily end up in Saudia next year tbf.
But I get your point, if we have money then getting a DM is even more essential than Cancelo or Felix.
I like Andrey idea, actually would even love it to happen this month somehow.
But that is more of a loan option, I doubt Chelsea will sell and tbh I think he is more of a depth to our current double pivot set up, rather than someone who can be clear number 6

Porque

There are rumours we were interested in Andrey a month ago, so maybe there was an approach by ourselves this window.

Current rumour is a Championship loan to Brom or Sunderland.

So perhaps Chelsea don't want to lose him in a transfer, though I feel that with their transfer policy, that they are generally happy to sell talents and re-invest in another spread of replacements.

Their winter market has been non-existent for once, so maybe they have the FFP squeeze hit them though? "Their" only signing has been Milos Lukovic for 5m this window, but via Strasbourg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans