Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

If you go position by position is there any position we have a top 50 player?
Ter Stegen? Frenkie?
The rest are overrated (even Araujo) or old and declining (Gundogan/Lewandowski etc) or just not good at all.
We keep on hoping La Masia will bring out some gem becouse were to poor to buy anything of quality and we only get rejects (free transfers) from other clubs that (suprise) fails and gets sold a year or two later.
Even if Xavi leaves and we get another coach i cant see much differance with this squad.
F you Bartomeu for completly ruining the club.

JamDav1982

Apparantely want Hermoso from Atlet who is free in the summer and can play on the left.

If signing like that allow for sales to improve other areas then do it.

Chadi/Hermoso for 4m in fees and on less salaries than Kounde/Christensen will be type of moves club probably need to try and make to get funds in to improve other areas.

Porque

Think Hermoso just signed with Tigres. Don't see her moving our way this summer even if would probably make a better CB than recent Kounde.

Andresito

Staff member
[Matt Law] The future of Kalvin Phillips is set to be decided next week with Manchester City currently fielding interest from at least six clubs, including Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.

Is he going to add anything short-term?

Messi983

Signing for the future. Looks really special talent from what I've seen so hopefully can close this deal soon. Might be considered a longterm replacement for Frenkie if we decide to sell him in 2-3 years. Will ofc need to renew his contract before that which I believe is a plan anyway to deferr his wages.

Anyway, I would prefer to spend money on Bergvall than any Xavi handpicked veteran who could maybe help us now but will probably be a dead wood in few months. Don't think we can sign a DM who would actually improve the team in January. Better save money for summer than sign another Romeu.

Maybe a cheap free loan but even those will be tough to find. Kalvin Phillips name has been thrown around but lot of clubs are interested in him who could offer more. I've read somewhere City wants 8m loan fee and if that's the case then there is no way we'll sign him.

Porque

He looks excellent. If you ignore the physical profile, he plays very similar to Thiago Alcantara. Alot of the same touches and movements.

He is most definitely a project signing, but profile wise (and I kind of hate saying this) closer to the classic Barca DNA player than the likes of Darvich, Gavi, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans