Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co0ter

Yes, it's speculation but don't think I'm wrong saying Flick will have lesser impact on transfers than Xavi.

But I think he should have a veto on some players. For example Laporta wants to bring back Felix and Hansi don't want him then he should be able to suggest a player he wants instead. But ofc he has to be realistic. We're not talking about a 50m alternative to a free loan but if he has another cheap player in mind then we should consider him.
Yea, I agree. Even with the example you provided, Felix is an exceptionally gifted player but only shows it 1/5th of the time. He is also not a player who makes up for not showcasing his talent more via pressing, effort and grit. He either makes something happen with his talent or blends in with the grass- this doesn't really fit in with Flick's style at all.

A less talented, direct workhorse might work better. I can't say for certain of course, but out of our forwards I see Raphinha potentially thriving the most under Flick. Ferran and Felix need to go imo. With Ferran, he's mental and despite his effort (when he's not too scared to do anything) his talent just doesn't allow him to be efficient. He's been a nothing player, below average in almost everything. It wont take Flick long to realize this. He will be horrified when he realizes his alternatives are a shadow of what Ansu used to be and a young Brazilian with no experience under his belt.

Messi983

Conceição is a terrific talent, guy has insane dribbling skills and also knows how to shoot.

I dont follow him at Porto but his both matches for Portugal have been amazing.

Our super-sub for EURO!

@Messi983 Do you follow him? If yes, opinion?

He's shite. Trincao is better. ;)

Better than Felix?

Not really hard to be better than Felix.

Different profiles, Conceicao is more what we need although don't see him as anything special. Clearly not worth what Porto will demand for him this summer imo.

They just got him back from Ajax for 10m, he has a 60m clause and he gets 20% of future transfer so don't see Porto selling for less than 40-50m and would prefer Nico for that money.

Talking about Porto, Zubi reportedly wants Mika Faye and Porto wants to repeat the Nico Gonzalez operation. Would prefer him to get a chance here but if we'll have to sell then that wouldn't be the worst solution. Need to negotiate a better deal that we did with Nico though. 8m fee with 30m buy back is not good. Sell for 15m with buy-back for 25m or something I could get behind.

Messi983

Mikel Merino new Barcelona pivot ? What do you think about his qualities ?

I always liked Merino and he could do a job in double pivot. Maybe Flick sees a bit of Goretzka in him?

But surely just BS rumours like most at this time. Someone has seen that his contract is up next year and we could maybe get him for cheap. In the end that "cheap" will still be more than we can afford.

We have reportedly discarded Guido Rodriguez. Good if true. Although from all the names linked to us he's the only pure DM. Upgrade over Romeu but is that really how we should look at players?

Andresito

Staff member
Wonder how much they would want for Merino. 20-30? Sociedad players are usually loyal so I don't think they they fear losing him for free.

Loki

Wonder how much they would want for Merino. 20-30? Sociedad players are usually loyal so I don't think they they fear losing him for free.
His value is around €50m on Transfermarkt. But he only has one contract year left. Depends on him really. If he pressures the club to let him leave this year or for free next year, we probably get him for around €30m. If he's loyal and promises them not to leave for free, then he'll cost his full value probably.

But he'll be 28 in 2 weeks, so it's his last chance probably to sign for a big club. His agent should know Barca has no money, so he needs to decide fast what's more important to him.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Rumours Villa are prepared to let Douglas Luiz go for around 50m in order to fit in with FFP.

That's a bit of me as our new pivot.

Sorry, Fergus. :boss:
Seems a bit cheap. Would think there are clubs in PL to pay that in an instant. United?

9 goals and 5 assists. How good is he defensively? @fergus90
Last thing we want is another CM who is in need of defensive baby sitting, we have enough of those.

Co0ter

He's turning 28 in a few weeks. 20-30mil for a 28 year old with one year left on his contract would be a disaster.

fergus90

Seems a bit cheap. Would think there are clubs in PL to pay that in an instant. United?

9 goals and 5 assists. How good is he defensively? @fergus90
Last thing we want is another CM who is in need of defensive baby sitting, we have enough of those.
He definitely needs babysitting defensively. He's much better when partnered with Kamara who's a real DM.

Luiz is a very good CM but doesn't play well further back, positionally pretty poor whenever he played there. In fact, when he played there for us, the majority of the fanbase wanted rid of him before he got moved into CM, where his actual strengths lie. Completely transformed his performances once the defensive burden was taken off him.

Although from our standpoint, selling our only pure CM would be quite a baffling decision.

Porque

Not really too bothered by the rumours considering Flick is away and we are in the pre-Euros lull. Alot of shit is gonna be flying. And I'm not just talking about the Madrid players going on holiday.

Still the only thing I will say is, with a forum coach and a different coaching ethos, do we really need to tie ourselves to the coveted LaLiga experience cliche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans