Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

According to Fernando Polo we're considering selling Raphinha to buy Luis Diaz. Hopefully BS.

Would be a lateral move at best that wouldn't improve team much if at all. Also, Raphinha has already adapted to the club and Diaz would probably need a year or two and by that time would already be 29.

And I'm also scared of buying Liverpool players after the Coutinho disaster.

TheStig

According to Fernando Polo we're considering selling Raphinha to buy Luis Diaz. Hopefully BS.

Would be a lateral move at best that wouldn't improve team much if at all. Also, Raphinha has already adapted to the club and Diaz would probably need a year or two and by that time would already be 29.

And I'm also scared of buying Liverpool players after the Coutinho disaster.

Diaz would suit us much better than Raphinha. Especially if Flick plays with a normal LW which holds the width and not like a left SS as Xavi played Raphinha.

TheStig

Should we go for Thiago if he is ready to play for a very low salary? I know about his injuries but he is still class when avaliable, he knows the club, he knows Flick and his system perfectly, he could help as a transletor and a mentor for the kids. If we won't get a higher quality DM than he could be an addition as a rotational piece.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Should we go for Thiago if he is ready to play for a very low salary? I know about his injuries but he is still class when avaliable, he knows the club, he knows Flick and his system perfectly, he could help as a transletor and a mentor for the kids. If we won't get a higher quality DM than he could be an addition as a rotational piece.

Forget injury prone players

Messi983

Diaz would suit us much better than Raphinha. Especially if Flick plays with a normal LW which holds the width and not like a left SS as Xavi played Raphinha.

Yes but his production wouldn't be that much better than Raphinha's if at all. Diaz is far from a goal scoring winger too. So don't think team would be anything better swapping Raphinha for Diaz and financially wouldn't benefit from this deal either.

And absolutely NO to Thiago. Look at his injury history, Dembele looks like an ironman compared to him.

If we want him as a mentor and translator then he should retire and become assistant coach as was rumoured few weeks ago (but since then there were reports Heiko Westermann who has played few years for Betis will be part of Flick's staff). We shouldn't waste any wages and squad spot on him as a player.

Last edited:

TheStig

Yes but his production wouldn't be that much better than Raphinha's if at all. Diaz is far from a goal scoring winger too. So don't think team would be anything better swapping Raphinha for Diaz and financially wouldn't benefit from this deal either.

And absolutely NO to Thiago. Look at his injury history, Dembele looks like an ironman compared to him.

If we want him as a mentor and translator then he should retire and become assistant coach as was rumoured few weeks ago (but since then there were reports Heiko Westermann who has played few years for Betis will be part of Flick's staff). We shouldn't waste any wages and squad spot on him as a player.

The difference is that Diaz can play as a normal LW while Raphinha can't. If Flick won't use him as Xavi did Raphinha will be useless since he can't play wide (especially at LW). The "left wing" position of Raphinha of last season is closer to a SS or a 10 than a normaln LW.

If we won't extend Felix' loan and not bring back Fati (we shouldn't either) than we will need aditional winger even if Raphinha stays. But that will probably someone a lot cheaper than Diaz/Nico. In ideal world Yamal, Raphinha and Diaz/Nico rotate but we all know that won't happen.

The Thiago idea is just if he's willing to play for a salary like Roberto or Felix but not in a sense that we relay on him as a midfielder. He could do a job there when he's healthy and he would be very useful as someone who understands both Barca and Flick. It's been 12 years since I'm rooting to bring him back, this is my last chance.

jamrock

Wouldn't make sense to sell raphinha for diaz, would be a lateral move at most.

Only player we should think about selling from the first team is we know who.

Raphinha,yamal + someone else would have us looking good

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Weren't we linked with Javi Guerra? That dude has tons of potential, we should really really think about him - but not as DM, sell Frenkie and buy Guerra and a proper DM for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans