Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Neither was I......

Good to have you back in time for the Euros. Which team are you rooting for?
Albania first (home country) then England. But Albania were doomed from the start with such a draw so it'll have to be England after the group stage.

It is said every tournament but England have a great chance to win this one. No side seems particularly strong.

khaled_a_d

People keep mentioning terms like policy or strategy in transfers, but they are probably the least important of all.
There are many policies and strategies that succeed and fails, it us always about the execution. How you do it.
You can sign 30+ players or 19 years old, and they can both be success or failures.

This is why I don't get the comparison with Madrid, whom they didn't even stick to a single strategy. And the main reason of succes is because there isn't a single season in past 11 years they didn't have either Ancelotti or Zidane as coach. Both are two of the best pragmatic managers out there, before them Perez had only 1 league title to show for in the first 4 years of his 2nd tenure, even worse than current Laporta's but with unlimited funds.

Back to Faye, people need to remember a guy like Yerry Mina, he was tall,athletic, strong, quick young CB who was one of the best CB in Brazil, and we sold him after 6 months and I doubt anyone is bothered by that.
Barca would have loved to believe that Faye is the 2nd coming of healthy Umtiti, especially for Deco who has bought him,but those guys watch him in games and training and read reports by managers. They know far more than us and far more than whoever buys him.
He could very well be another Y.Mina tbh.

ajnotkeith

People keep mentioning terms like policy or strategy in transfers, but they are probably the least important of all.
There are many policies and strategies that succeed and fails, it us always about the execution. How you do it.
You can sign 30+ players or 19 years old, and they can both be success or failures.

This is why I don't get the comparison with Madrid, whom they didn't even stick to a single strategy. And the main reason of succes is because there isn't a single season in past 11 years they didn't have either Ancelotti or Zidane as coach. Both are two of the best pragmatic managers out there, before them Perez had only 1 league title to show for in the first 4 years of his 2nd tenure, even worse than current Laporta's but with unlimited funds.

Back to Faye, people need to remember a guy like Yerry Mina, he was tall,athletic, strong, quick young CB who was one of the best CB in Brazil, and we sold him after 6 months and I doubt anyone is bothered by that.
Barca would have loved to believe that Faye is the 2nd coming of healthy Umtiti, especially for Deco who has bought him,but those guys watch him in games and training and read reports by managers. They know far more than us and far more than whoever buys him.
He could very well be another Y.Mina tbh.
We could sell Faye, but as you say, there are better ways to do it.
In general, a player's value is greatly increased by first team appearances, especially with big clubs, a few good performances with Barca first team and the player gains more attention and more value.

There were a lot of easy games or concluded games where Faye could have played or even started that would help to get better value for him. If they planned to sell him, they should have done this, even though it is a good idea anyway. It can't really hurt his value and could increase it by a lot.

Its that type of management and planning that the SD needs to be doing with potential outgoings.

Andresito

Staff member
What the clubs are ready to pay for is potential when it comes to Faye. Same way we pay 40m for Roque.

So far Faye has proved 0. Played in third division and been sitting on the bench for Senegal, and also haven't made his way into our lineup. I'm not saying he's crap but he's far from a sure case which many may think. There's hype regarding him at the moment.

Yes 15m is very low for a potential starting CB. But the club's had a year to assess him and usually the club is pretty good with handling internal talents. So far he's still our player, let's see in the end if clubs are actually willing to spend on him or if it's all just speculation.

khaled_a_d

We could sell Faye, but as you say, there are better ways to do it.
In general, a player's value is greatly increased by first team appearances, especially with big clubs, a few good performances with Barca first team and the player gains more attention and more value.

There were a lot of easy games or concluded games where Faye could have played or even started that would help to get better value for him. If they planned to sell him, they should have done this, even though it is a good idea anyway. It can't really hurt his value and could increase it by a lot.

Its that type of management and planning that the SD needs to be doing with potential outgoings.

You forget to mention it is also the easiest way to tank his value.
A couple of mistakes in those first team appearances and we might be looking for a loan to Las Palmas while we pay his wage

Porque

The Portuguese team is willing to offer up to 15 million for Faye , although the problem is not so much the amount but the fact that Barça wants to include a buyback option for the centre-back. Porto is not up for the job.

---

If we have any dream of bringing Faye back then I would forget about Porto as they do not want to insert a buyback clause, and knowing our desperation will stick to that or go so high we will think twice about activating it.

My opinion is Mina is Mina and Faye is
Faye. Mina got his reputation based off of being a goalscoring CB but he lacked in everything else. Faye is much better on the ball for example, and that's how Mina first got exposed.

Cbs will always make mistakes and Araujo made loads and still does. But it is the system that will make them costly or not.

If we want to go full Dortmund then go all in. Sell Araujo for 70m+ because we won't increase his wages, put Faye in the first team and then sell for 50m+ as we refuse to improve his wages post 5m.

None of this selling with buybacks but doing the deal as the B side despite owning the player, and leaving us without any clauses to activate like Chadi, or having the buyback clause out of reach like Nico.

Joan

All viable strategies but depends on the internal evaluation of the player. Unless we’re that desperate to sell.

I’d say don’t expect fireworks if reports are accurate.

Nello

It isn't secure, but OTOH it isn't an immediate issue and we are unlikely to rely on a prospect to save the day. At least I don't think we actually rate Faye that high.
Also I doubt Christensen will be sold, the market for him isn't that good tbh. He is worth more to us than on the market. At 28 while suffering from chronic injuries, no big club will break the bank for him, and he won't accept moving to a middle EPL club.
I have seen this repeated a few times, but why do we think Christensens injury struggles will last forever. I haven't heard anything except that it involves his Achilles tendon. And from how his load/playing time has been managed this last few months, my guess is he has some stage of Achilles Tendinopathy. Which can get better, and might just improve vastly over the summer, especially if Denmark is knocked out of the euros early. Then they will hopefully make a special program for his pre season to take some load of the tendon.

Gazzznigga

If the reports on all these quoted amounts being offered for Faye are anything to go by, and not wanting any buy back option included in the offer, there must be something about the kid that others are seeing but Barca don't value yet. You can't move from how much Barca paid for him last summer to 15m while playing in the 3rd division of the league. No

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
What the clubs are ready to pay for is potential when it comes to Faye. Same way we pay 40m for Roque.

So far Faye has proved 0. Played in third division and been sitting on the bench for Senegal, and also haven't made his way into our lineup. I'm not saying he's crap but he's far from a sure case which many may think. There's hype regarding him at the moment.

Yes 15m is very low for a potential starting CB. But the club's had a year to assess him and usually the club is pretty good with handling internal talents. So far he's still our player, let's see in the end if clubs are actually willing to spend on him or if it's all just speculation.
I'd take Faye for 15M one million times over Roque for 40M :rolleyes: What potential, Faye at least has an alright YouTube compilation, Roque just run at defenders without dribbling, closes his eyes and inshallas the ball in the general direction at goal ffs.

Porque

If the reports on all these quoted amounts being offered for Faye are anything to go by, and not wanting any buy back option included in the offer, there must be something about the kid that others are seeing but Barca don't value yet. You can't move from how much Barca paid for him last summer to 15m while playing in the 3rd division of the league. No

I think there needs to be a bit of context.

I'm reading that the initial approach is Barcelona/Deco for Pepe of Porto.

Porto quoted BO and nothing less which is 75m.

So anything on the table after that is part of the negotiation.

So this puts to context Porto being the A side in the nego terms of Faye. Because we went for their player first.

khaled_a_d

I'd take Faye for 15M one million times over Roque for 40M :rolleyes: What potential, Faye at least has an alright YouTube compilation, Roque just run at defenders without dribbling, closes his eyes and inshallas the ball in the general direction at goal ffs.

We get it man, you think Douglas is Maradona in comparison to Roque. You don't need to repeat it almost daily :D

Andresito

Staff member
Wow great reading comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans