Barca Transfers and Rumors

Gazzznigga

He has been assessed by Xavi anyways, that says a lot. Let another pair of eyes assess him. And if he is considered not good enough, so be it. But in terms of pure defending, what I have seen him display is good enough. I don't give a crap about those moronic requirement of being a good ball player as a defender over the pure art of defending. Defend well first!!!

What I am not in support of, is, the quickness to shove him aside as a "not good enough for barca" nonsense and then ship him away without affording him the opportunity to showcase what he can do.

Fuck other contexts!!

Messi983

We can't "wait and give him a chance in preseason" if club needs to generate money before end of this month to finish the season with profit so we can potentially get back to the 1:1 rule.

Mika is really our only sellable asset right now. I like him but keeping or selling Faye won't make or break next season or two.

Gazzznigga

We can't "wait and give him a chance in preseason" if club needs to generate money before end of this month to finish the season with profit so we can potentially get back to the 1:1 rule.

Mika is really our only sellable asset right now. I like him but keeping or selling Faye won't make or break next season or two.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wow!. Brilliant economics!!
Sell a budding left footed central defender(rare find) with prospects for 15m but keep bums like Inigo Martinez (10m wages) + Sergi Roberto(5m wages) and while at it, advocate for retaining Eric Garcia as one of the central defenders, better still, pay 75% of Lenglet's salary(17.8m pa) to send him on another loan, and then take out more credit loans, add to the 15m from the sale, to spend on ageing players like Kimmich, or Bernado Silva(who are looking for retirement haven anyway), or still, Luiz Diaz. Then lament that the club is on a downward trajectory, a few months after.

Barca economics.......Brilliant!!!

Last edited:

Gazzznigga

People keep mentioning terms like policy or strategy in transfers, but they are probably the least important of all.
There are many policies and strategies that succeed and fails, it us always about the execution. How you do it.
You can sign 30+ players or 19 years old, and they can both be success or failures.

This is why I don't get the comparison with Madrid, whom they didn't even stick to a single strategy. And the main reason of succes is because there isn't a single season in past 11 years they didn't have either Ancelotti or Zidane as coach. Both are two of the best pragmatic managers out there, before them Perez had only 1 league title to show for in the first 4 years of his 2nd tenure, even worse than current Laporta's but with unlimited funds.

Back to Faye, people need to remember a guy like Yerry Mina, he was tall,athletic, strong, quick young CB who was one of the best CB in Brazil, and we sold him after 6 months and I doubt anyone is bothered by that.
Barca would have loved to believe that Faye is the 2nd coming of healthy Umtiti, especially for Deco who has bought him,but those guys watch him in games and training and read reports by managers. They know far more than us and far more than whoever buys him.
He could very well be another Y.Mina tbh.
...Mina was afforded opportunities....level the surface, bro!

companyofcules

We can sell Ronald if we trust this kid. That will be a risky move but one that can save the club. We need fast defenders anyway and Ronald is not that fast in terms of reactions.

Gazzznigga

We can sell Ronald if we trust this kid. That will be a risky move but one that can save the club. We need fast defenders anyway and Ronald is not that fast in terms of reactions.
.....both Araujo and Faye are the type of CDs Barcelona need now(better at defending than any other shitty ball playing requirements). I am sure Hansi will likely toe that line.

You may decide to sell both if you dont like them as they are now( a lot have clamoured for that here) but please replace them with fast, athletic defenders focused on preventing goals and not any ball playing, physically weak midget in the name of retaining possession or playing out from the defence ( Garcia/Curbasi).

What ball playing skills do Nacho and Rudiger have anyways?

Porque

However, Atlético de Madrid has received an offer for one of the players with the most future in the squad. According to journalist Di Marzio from 'Sky Sport', the 'colchonero' club would have rejected a proposal from Chelsea of 40 million euros for Samu Omorodion.

---

That's how you do it, ye cunts.

Messi983

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Wow!. Brilliant economics!!
Sell a budding left footed central defender(rare find) with prospects for 15m but keep bums like Inigo Martinez (10m wages) + Sergi Roberto(5m wages) and while at it, advocate for retaining Eric Garcia as one of the central defenders, better still, pay 75% of Lenglet's salary(17.8m pa) to send him on another loan, and then take out more credit loans, add to the 15m from the sale, to spend on ageing players like Kimmich, or Bernado Silva(who are looking for retirement haven anyway), or still, Luiz Diaz. Then wonder why the club is on a downward trajectory, months after.

Barca economics.......Brilliant!!!

Calm down.

Roberto is leaving, we will look to move on from Inigo as well as Lenglet but will have to pay some of his wages. Not much can be done with that now.

Eric also surely won't stay with Xavi gone.

How is he the only sellable asset suddenly?

Who else do you see us selling in next 10 days?

Eric, Oriol and Pablo are maybe the only other ones if Girona is up for some whealing and dealing but I don't think they are considered their priority. They have money and are linked to better players and will maybe only come back for our rejects later in TW if they miss out on other targets. But we won't get much for these players anyway.

Frenkie doesn't want to leave and Ferran, Raphinha and Araujo are with their NTs now and clearly won't move clubs before Euros/Copa are over.

khaled_a_d

Then keep Faye too. What's the point from measly 15 mil, while giving away prospect with possibly high ceiling, who is sought for by other clubs and hasn't even been properly tested, especially under new coach. 15 mil lol.

Which ones?
Only tier 2 french league clubs and Porto are in for him.

Home of Barca Fans