Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

Wondering if this supposed interest in Olmo means club is considering selling Gundo to SA. Probably unlikely he'll accept going there but just something I've thought about.

Probably just BS reporting though or as Andresito said we're keeping Olmo as backup option if can't get Nico as RBL is more likely to negotiate. Maybe they would even accept loan with obligation to buy. Reports few days ago suggested Dani prefers going to Bayern but we'll see if anything will happen before Saturday when his clause expires. Not that it matters much as German clubs love giving up their best players to Bayern and RBL will probably sell Dani to them anyway if that's what he wants.

TheStig

Didn't Gundo once say he wants to play in Turkey for Fener or Gala or whoever he supports? Don't think he would stay at Barca if the clubs asks him to leave.

No chance we sign Olmo in these next few days when his clause is active and later it will be too late. Can't see any chance Olmo comes this summer.

Messi983

Don't know what club he supports but Mou reportedly wants Gundo at Fener. Turks probably won't pay as much as Saudis though. And I mean that from Barca's perspective as I don't believe Gundo's main motivation is money.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Troubling to read some of the rumours around Araujo & Gundo, esp. related to the CL red card - never liked how it was played out in the media. Both players have reason to feel aggrieved, as a club poorly managed

I would not want to see either exit but if I had to choose, I reluctantly would choose Gundo as this would facilitate addition like an Olmo or Simons to play as a SS. But I’d take Gundo over FDJ and we know the Dutchman will still be here long after even Umtiti leaves this universe

There does seem to be quite a bit of speculation on exits and surely more than 1 big name will be implicated

Messi983

If Araujo and Gundo still have any personal problems because of that PSG game then they should both leave immediately. They are professionals and should have talked about that and then move on long time ago.

Loki

There is no way Gundo will leave. He's just one season here and he was the best player of our squad. Without him, the year would have looked much worse. He played all games, played on every position he was needed due injuries.
Ridiculous that people want him gone, only because he doesn't suit their " buy the next young hype player and sell 30+ year olds" narrative that only works in a computer game.
Thankfully there is 0% of him leaving this summer. He doesn't want it himself, as his wife confirmed a few days ago on SM and the club doesn't think of it either given his performance last season.

khaled_a_d

exactly. Where are the low-key transfers? We don't have the money or the might currently to pursue players who are now being chased by EPL clubs and clubs with a lot of money.
Merino is a perfect example of a Low-key signing. last year in his contract, we can negotiate well. He is a good enough player especially as he is a DM and we need that, and I have not seen him linked with top clubs.

Generally or this summer? We have done plenty under Laporta tbf. Faye, J.Araujo are examples of it.
This summer we are trying to fix FFP and we are yet to make any signing.

khaled_a_d

Wondering if this supposed interest in Olmo means club is considering selling Gundo to SA. Probably unlikely he'll accept going there but just something I've thought about.

Probably just BS reporting though or as Andresito said we're keeping Olmo as backup option if can't get Nico as RBL is more likely to negotiate. Maybe they would even accept loan with obligation to buy.

Two things:
-Gundogan is linked to move in Turkey, which he wants to do before retiring. There are also rumours that Flick doesn't think he fit his plan as he isn't pressing much anymore.
-The Olmo rumours is only by tier 2 journalists. And it is again fueled by a meeting with his agent whom he shares with Faye.

Messi983

There is no way Gundo will leave. He's just one season here and he was the best player of our squad. Without him, the year would have looked much worse. He played all games, played on every position he was needed due injuries.
Ridiculous that people want him gone, only because he doesn't suit their " buy the next young hype player and sell 30+ year olds" narrative that only works in a computer game.
Thankfully there is 0% of him leaving this summer. He doesn't want it himself, as his wife confirmed a few days ago on SM and the club doesn't think of it either given his performance last season.

I don't want Gundo to leave and don't think he will leave this year. But next year he could and we need to be prepared for that.

I was only speculating if the club would let him go for a good offer (and ofc if Gundo will be open to leave) and that's why we're interested in Olmo. Trying to sign him to play as a LW would be stupid and I hope that's not Flick's idea. We also don't know how he sees Pedri. Maybe he'll use him deeper in a double pivot.

IF Gundo would leave then getting Olmo would make some sense. But tbf I'd prefer to wait until next year and try to get Wirtz if we really want a #10.

Porque

Generally or this summer? We have done plenty under Laporta tbf. Faye, J.Araujo are examples of it.

Just to add. We almost closed Mokio who would have been training with the first team right now.

I think we are awaiting clarity for FFP before confirming anyone. Once that is clear we will move.

Obviously we don't have a hotel to move from left hand to right hand like Chelsea, or a state funded train project to sell sponsorship rights for like Madrid. But if we can get to Camp Nou by December for LaLiga and full capacity next season, then the financial storm (in terms of transfer fees, not the clubs overall debt level) should be relatively over.

Best to not pay any attention to the dirtrags in the meantime. They have 40 pages between them to fill up between them daily. And there's only so many years you can go with the Neymar returning rumour before it gets stale. Even Messigician has given up on it.

Messi983

Two things:
-Gundogan is linked to move in Turkey, which he wants to do before retiring. There are also rumours that Flick doesn't think he fit his plan as he isn't pressing much anymore.
-The Olmo rumours is only by tier 2 journalists. And it is again fueled by a meeting with his agent whom he shares with Faye.

Yes, I think he'll move to Turkey, probably next year. Don't know how financially beneficiary that would be for Barca though. Personally don't see him leaving to SA which would likely bring a bigger fee for Barca. Letting him go for 3-5m is not worth it, he's more valuable for us. But if Saudis would offer 20m for example and he'd open to leave then I believe club would seriously consider selling. We could probably get Merino for that money.

Porque

He could move to Turkey after SA though (or perhaps even the other way round).

But as a practicing Muslim he would assumingly not have a problem with the lifestyle changes compared to the Pork&Winers.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
This summer.
We badly need a DM. But all the rumors and credible sources are pointing we are again chasing a Forward and an attacking mid.
Yes if FFP fixing was the priority, we should not be going for Nico and looking for that lowkey DM and then see what we can do and if we really need more signings.
Granted no one in this forum really knows what the board is doing and the Twitter journalists are no better. But having seen over so many years how we constantly go after the HOT thing in the market that window while clearly not making any solid signings in Midfield and Defence all these years, things tend to be why I was frustrated.

jamrock

Imagine spending 300m+ on players since Laporta arrived and a grand total of 3m if that as on Romeu to replace Busi :lol:
300m+

That seems off, we spend 140 the summer we got lewa and 65m in Torres, where did the other 100m come from?

But yea beyond that we need to sign a DM this summer, unless whatever his name his from Barca Athletic is putting in a show for flick.

The silence means things are pointing in the right direction this summer re our ability to spend a bit of money, a few sales would make it a lot easier, but as we all know the wages of some of our players makes it almost impossible to sell them

Porque

300m+

That seems off, we spend 140 the summer we got lewa and 65m in Torres, where did the other 100m come from?

But yea beyond that we need to sign a DM this summer, unless whatever his name his from Barca Athletic is putting in a show for flick.

The silence means things are pointing in the right direction this summer re our ability to spend a bit of money, a few sales would make it a lot easier, but as we all know the wages of some of our players makes it almost impossible to sell them

Nico + Olmo would be over 100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans