Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

This summer.
We badly need a DM. But all the rumors and credible sources are pointing we are again chasing a Forward and an attacking mid.
Yes if FFP fixing was the priority, we should not be going for Nico and looking for that lowkey DM and then see what we can do and if we really need more signings.
Granted no one in this forum really knows what the board is doing and the Twitter journalists are no better. But having seen over so many years how we constantly go after the HOT thing in the market that window while clearly not making any solid signings in Midfield and Defence all these years, things tend to be why I was frustrated.

The thing is, who is that DM?
Assuming there is money to spare, I am all for spending on DM then scan the market for cheaper LW.

But is there is one? Is Onana that guy? It doesn't seem we rated him that high (same for our fans)
Wieffer is social media darling but he looked really slowish.
Both are gone

Zubimendi is the only prominent option and tbf other than 45 minutes in the final he always seemed closer to a 30M player rather than 60M, with plenty of clubs said to be interested but no one gets serious about getting him, he is 25 btw, so he should be in his prime and very close to his peak.

We are linked with few cheap option, most prominent name is Merino, there was that Wendel from Zenit guy, Angelo Stiller, Eric Martel etc, all should be a 20M max players.
OTOH, our 2nd biggest need atm is LW and Nico fits perfectly, so I get our interest in him tbh. If we can surely fix one position while the other are all "average" options, then I can understand the idea of getting after Nico first.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The thing is, who is that DM?
Assuming there is money to spare, I am all for spending on DM then scan the market for cheaper LW.

But is there is one? Is Onana that guy? It doesn't seem we rated him that high (same for our fans)
Wieffer is social media darling but he looked really slowish.
Both are gone

Zubimendi is the only prominent option and tbf other than 45 minutes in the final he always seemed closer to a 30M player rather than 60M, with plenty of clubs said to be interested but no one gets serious about getting him, he is 25 btw, so he should be in his prime and very close to his peak.

We are linked with few cheap option, most prominent name is Merino, there was that Wendel from Zenit guy, Angelo Stiller, Eric Martel etc, all should be a 20M max players.
OTOH, our 2nd biggest need atm is LW and Nico fits perfectly, so I get our interest in him tbh. If we can surely fix one position while the other are all "average" options, then I can understand the idea of getting after Nico first.

None of these names are good enough DMs for Barca, which you have kind of insinuated anyway, so we are in agreement there.

I would be more than happy to spend 40-60m on either Palhinha or Jose Ederson.

Think either would be brilliant for Barca and a 4 year solution at the very minimum.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Merino seems to be a pretty good option out of these. Far better defensively out of all the players we play in that role.
Don't mind us going after Nico, he will strengthen our squad immensely. Especially since there is a rumor of Raphinha being looked on by Aston Villa.
But this Olmo rumor doesn't make sense to me.
My point was, every year we chase this one big name for the whole window while doing nothing about the main objective. Its been like this for a decade or so.

companyofcules

Paying 120 milioans for Olmo and Nico is madness. They have no star but they take 2 regulars at the price of one. Same bankruptcy plan. Mediocres, old stars and hype.
Then we pay Gundogan a fortune to pay Olmo a fortune. But nevermind

companyofcules

Palhinha over Nico all day for me. If we spend we should spend on teens or bulletproof investments. And sell Lewandowski to SA, you paid a fortune for a young striker. Sell Gundo, take Olmo, sell Ferran.

companyofcules

By the way Bayern paid 51 for that guy, you rambled all summer for Nico the runner and you will play Pedri Gavi DM again or FDJ 😅. Maybe Romeo
Then you will blame them not your low iq as Barcelona fans. Truly a comedy play. Raphinha was the best attacking player in UCL but it's getting a replacement, not Lewandowski, not Romeo, not Cancelo. Lol

jamrock

To the Barca Board who I know for a fact read this forum.

STICK
TO
The
Plan
FFS.

No Olmo, who is not someone I dislike, we can't say they are going after him based on the Euros since He's been linked for a while and the fact that he can play AM and LW is a bonus.

But let's just stick to the Plan,LW,DM and maybe a RB.

Whatever money is left, sign a high potential youngster.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Then we can spend that 60mil on Zubemendi. Like, come on.
We need to fix our CDM issue with the highest priority.

Last edited:

Windhook

Rabiot is free agent. He seems decent option given the FFP struggles of Barca. I'm not a fan of his, but we need some quality at CDM, preferrably for cheap. The management seems likely to invest it all on LW with Nico or Philogene (already rejected Barca).

mc_lovin

When you read the rumours you would think the club's swimming in money :lol: And maybe we are??

Nike deal --> back to 1:1 --> 60% salary to revenue right now --> 70% is allowed --> ~100m/yearly free to spend?

Nico deal: 60m fee/5years + 12m gross salary --> 24m/year

--> We can sign 4 Nicos, which explains the Olmo stuff :lol:

On a serious note: cash flow is a question mark, but could we finally be back to being a top club (in the market)?

Messi983

Girona close to sign Alejandro Frances from Zaragoza. Good player, has played over 100 games in Segunda and is ready for a step up to La Liga at 21.

Similar player to Eric so probably won't come back for him.

khaled_a_d

Girona close to sign Alejandro Frances from Zaragoza. Good player, has played over 100 games in Segunda and is ready for a step up to La Liga at 21.

Similar player to Eric so probably won't come back for him.

Unless they are still counting on Blind, they still need defenders.

Messi983

They've already signed Krejci from Sparta Prague who will be their starting LCB with Blind as his backup imo. Could potentially still see them signing another more proven RCB alongside Frances though and let one of the older guys (David Lopez or Juanpe) go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans