Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazario1985

It is ridiculous that after Busi left the same team crumbled and the club still not putting top priority for a DM.

Last edited:

PhilS

The key to the roster is getting some valuable existing players to accept being sold. The problem is that only Roque and Fati seem willing to go. No big sales, no Nico, no Olmo. Only enough euros to get Cancelo. Any new DM will be low-priced.

FCBfan22

Apparently, if we sign Nico, Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle will try and buy Raphinha (there are rumours about talks between Raphinha's agents and at least Arsenal already being held). If those rumours are true, I would take 50-60 million and try to get a DM.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

We could get Nico and a competent DM like Ederson or Palhinha but any optimism must be tempered by the fact we still have a massive problem in the two most important positions on the pitch, centre forward and goalkeeper.

MATS has shown us numerous times that he can't be trusted in high stakes UCL knockouts games, although he has had a few stellar league campaigns.

Kane and Ronaldo showed us in the Euros just how detrimental a slow, greedy centre forward can be to a teams chances of winning trophies. Unfortunately, there are no rumours that we are looking to replace either Mats or Lewa.

The sparsity of quality options at centre forward is a problem. I would have just taken a punt on Mikautadze. 23 year old who scored 13 in 20 for a relegated team. He could have had a Kvaradona style first season here, but has now gone back to Lyon for 20m.

I've personally gone off Alvarez. Good player, but not world class, and would almost certainly demand a world class fee ( Upwards of 70m ). We desperately need to find a promising centre forward now it's abundantly clear that Roque is a bust.

FCBfan22

We could get Nico and a competent DM like Ederson or Palhinha but any optimism must be tempered by the fact we still have a massive problem in the two most important positions on the pitch, centre forward and goalkeeper.

MATS has shown us numerous times that he can't be trusted in high stakes UCL knockouts games, although he has had a few stellar league campaigns.

Kane and Ronaldo showed us in the Euros just how detrimental a slow, greedy centre forward can be to a teams chances of winning trophies. Unfortunately, there are no rumours that we are looking to replace either Mats or Lewa.

The sparsity of quality options at centre forward is a problem. I would have just taken a punt on Mikautadze. 23 year old who scored 13 in 20 for a relegated team. He could have had a Kvaradona style first season here, but has now gone back to Lyon for 20m.

I've personally gone off Alvarez. Good player, but not world class, and would almost certainly demand a world class fee ( Upwards of 70m ). We desperately need to find a promising centre forward now it's abundantly clear that Roque is a bust.
Agree. I think during the season, we MUST look at the market and find a suitable striker to get next summer and ship Lewa to Saudi.

We saw what Nico and Lamine can do with a pressing forward. And that's a forward that only presses and does nothing else. We need a mobile striker.

soul24rage

Unfortunately, I see both Lewy and Mats staying until summer of 2026, especially with Flick as the manager.

We'll probably be doing the replacement during that time.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Same story as every transfer window subsequent to Bartomeu’s decimation of the club‘s finances - we cannot unload or renegotiate massive wages of either FDJ or Lenglet and cannot get players to leave who are surplus in Ferran or potentially Raphinha. But hopefully Roque can be offloaded else Nico may be the only potential noteworthy transfer this summer

companyofcules

You can't get Palhinha, he is at Bayern. My whole point was how the fanbase still suffers from the mental illness that ruined Barcelona(or low IQ). You are right about the striker but he is a poster boy somehow because they failed to buy a proper one. They will not sell the posterboy.
Palhinha was probably a huge potential trasfer and for 51 mil. I just hope they don't have the money for anything serious so they nuked us with news about this runner for the plastics.
You can't get them hyped over the best DM in top 5, but the new Dumbele is what they will consume.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyone with a brain that have watched Nico Williams knows he’s not a «Dumbele» copy.

His decision making is very good. Rarely does he do something dumb on the pitch or play like he’s still 17.

So much for low IQ fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans