Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

companyofcules

Anyone with a brain that have watched Nico Williams knows he’s not a «Dumbele» copy.

His decision making is very good. Rarely does he do something dumb on the pitch or play like he’s still 17.

So much for low IQ fans.
The decision making of Roberto is flawless. I will stop here if the issue with Dumbele was his decision making. It is what it is. But then again you have a German coach who likes runners.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The decision making of Roberto is flawless. I will stop here if the issue with Dumbele was his decision making. It is what it is. But then again you have a German coach who likes runners.

What is the issue with Dembele then smartass? I don’t even like Dembele, but there’s no doubt he can dribble, can carry the ball, can play great incisive passes and crosses. His shooting is dogshit tbf, but apart from that he doesn’t lack much talent-wise. He’s very quick too.

What he lacks is knowing what to do 90% of the time on the pitch and still playing like a 17 year old kid at Rennes.

But if you disagree then please do educate me.

companyofcules

Nico's scored in a final on the big stage. That's already better than Dembele's whole career/"legacy" :lol:
He played a tactical game and scored from a very good position. Dumbele can do that sometimes, actually he did a mirror goal.
I don't call him dumb for his decision making but for his skills. Has none except acceleration and blind shooting. Nico is the same case but more stronger.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I’m not even saying you should not question’s Nico’s possible signing.

There are some legit questions that anyone can point out like:

- His price + salary

- Whether his ceiling is a bit limited? I don’t know myself, but you can make that argument

There are enough fair questions/arguments you can make against his signing rather than making him out to be something he isn’t it.

God also knows there’s a million things to criticize Dembele about, but to claim he’s got no talent is wild and it’s coming from someone who has little good to say about him :lol:

companyofcules

What is the issue with Dembele then smartass? I don’t even like Dembele, but there’s no doubt he can dribble, can carry the ball, can play great incisive passes and crosses. His shooting is dogshit tbf, but apart from that he doesn’t lack much talent-wise. He’s very quick too.

What he lacks is knowing what to do 90% of the time on the pitch and still playing like a 17 year old kid at Rennes.

But if you disagree then please do educate me.
I wrote a paper weeks ago on why Nico can't score in big numbers. You are all here talking about decision making like football is some science on the 🪽. People play tactically because they cant play otherwise, people who can play otherwise don't play tactically. Dembele tried to be a star but he is a f runner with no ball control and failed. His decision making would have been brilliant only if he was Neymar. Again he is doing a bit better in a team of runners when he is not assaulting entranced enemies.

jamrock

Sampaoli said Dembele plays like he's autistic, disrespectful but also kinda true.

Williams makes much better decisions on the Field that Dembele, only thing Dembele has on him, is dribbling ability.

companyofcules

Now as Raphinha prooved again, this kind of players play well for entrenched teams like Barcelona vs PSG not vs all teams. They also tend to do good at simple tasks like moving the ball backwards, crossing somewhere. But should we pay 60 mil in this situation for a young Raphinha? Are we happy with Lewandowski, Romeo?

companyofcules

Sampaoli said Dembele plays like he's autistic, disrespectful but also kinda true.

Williams makes much better decisions on the Field that Dembele, only thing Dembele has on him, is dribbling ability.
Because he is not even trying to be a star? I mean how hard is to stop it and pass it backwards 30 times? Look at Greelish, absolute mediocre fucker, playing for City. He is just perfect tactically and was replaced by Pep with some African that at least attacked the space.. Indeed Dumbele looks like an idiot because he was trying to replace Neymar lol. Nico will look like and absolute donkey too. Nico is a huge upgrade only over the likes of Trincao

Porque

Nico is the safest left winger we could possibly signing. Just accept the 50m transfer, try to forget he could have been free and move on.

It we could then add Merino for a modest fee then that would be a great window. But I'm reading Arsenal are interested so we may sign someone like Ramon Ros for DMC who has Barca DNA and played under Pep.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nico is the safest left winger we could possibly signing. Just accept the 50m transfer, try to forget he could have been free and move on.

It we could then add Merino for a modest fee then that would be a great window. But I'm reading Arsenal are interested so we may sign someone like Ramon Ros for DMC who has Barca DNA and played under Pep.

There was zero possibility of acquiring him for free, he’d never leave his club empty handed

The trick will be getting him to agree to move now and leaving the Basque club

Only reason for delay has to be guarantee of his registration or holidays since apparently Laporta /Barça confirmed/rumoured funds for buyout clause is available, meaning it’s only a question of player’s green light

Porque

There was zero possibility of acquiring him for free, he’d never leave his club empty handed

The trick will be getting him to agree to move now and leaving the Basque club

Only reason for delay has to be guarantee of his registration or holidays since apparently Laporta /Barça confirmed/rumoured funds for buyout clause is available, meaning it’s only a question of player’s green light

Now here's a spanner. Since Nico is buying out his contract, the money doesn't even need to come from Barca.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Now here's a spanner. Since Nico is buying out his contract, the money doesn't even need to come from Barca.
Basically delay has to come down to him not yet providing green light, either due to wages/terms or concerns about registration

jamrock

Yep pretty much all they need to do, anything else is a plus.

Don't get distracted by the shinny new object, I read somewhere that merino was in the top 5 midfielders that made runs into the opposition box in la Liga, so he's definitely more of a 8 than a 6, but it a double pivot it should be fine, especially for the price.

Truthfully, he is the one we should be signing first, because we pretty much bave Nico on lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans