Barca Transfers and Rumors

Loki

So Eric Garcia and Pablo Torre did get more gametime there?
Debatable if Barca wanted to develop them or simply load them off with hope someone buys them after the season. Neither player showed potential to be starting lineup material in barca.
If you talk about Roque having huge potential, it's a different matter. I don't say it's impossible, but Girona belongs to City group and develops players for them in the first place. And if Dovbyk stays, he won't get the striker position either.

TheStig

If we were really able to spend money then this would be a lot smarter than buying our 5th attacking midfielder. But I guess Deco and Flick think we don't need a 9.

jamrock

It seems we've had our mid for Olmo rejected, 40m euros plus variables.

I don't know if it's true, just saw it on sky news.

Only way this makes sense is if we see gundogan playing deeper as part of the double pivot, which would mean Olmo and pedri rotates for the 10 role.

Because even though he's a good player, we would all rather a DM.

Gundogan/Gavi
De Jong/Oriol

Yamal/raphinha
Olmo/pedri/Fermin
Williams/fati

Lewa/Torres/Pau.

De jong as the 6 is asking for out asses to be handed to us in any competitive game.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Pedri is likely playing deeper if Olmo is signed tbh. Him, Gundogan and Frenkie along one of Romeu/Christensen will be used as part of the double pivot, the same way both Thiago and Kimmich played their too in Bayern

jamrock

I don't know what would be worst, playing Pedri was part of a double pivot or replying on de jong as a 6.

Thankfully Pedri playing deeper won't happen, he's not built for it.

khaled_a_d

Unless we are paying 40M+ as a priority signing to be backup, Pedri playing deeper is happening, and it happened before under Koeman, nothing new for him.
Thiago was also AM/CM and played in that role, Kimmich is CM/AM too more than a pivot. The system of double pivot is more of using 2 CM rather than a DM.

jamrock

I guarantee pedri isn't playing deeper.

No coach bar Koeman as ever done it, we've already had this conversation, doesn't make sense to repeat myself, but the evidence speaks for itself, no coach bar 1 has played him their, nor will they play him there, when we have 3 players more capable of doing the job than him.

He might drop deeper, but to start in a double pivot no chance.

De jong
Gavi.
Gundogan.

No combination of those two would be better double pivot that one with pedri.

khaled_a_d

There is only another coach who coached Pedri in the club beside Koeman and that is Xavi, who plays a single pivot. So "no other coach" is a weird point.

Either Olmo rumours is bs, that is most likely, or Flick plan for Pedri is different from the one you have. The only other options is that we are hiring stupid SD and coach who are going to waste the money we have on backup in a position they think we have 2 players in. Or that Gerard Romero is right and we are selling an important player which is Pedri.

Flick played Muller as his AM btw, he is very different rom Pedri in that system. Pedri or Gavi can be put as AM, put if this is the plan then Olmo is redundant

jamrock

Bro, he's playing as a 10, you've been pushing this pedri deeper thing for a while now, it's hasn't happened and won't happen, I'm sorry.

Xavi and 2 Spain coaches,all have played him as the most advanced Midfield, only Keoman which is the worse coach of the lot, thought to play him deeper.

The only way Pedri plays deepish, is in a regular 4-3-3 and that's just how Midfielders play in that formation.

No one is buying current pedri, he's too injury prone he's staying.

Imagine a team with pedri, gavi, gundogan and de jong, all fighting for the same two spots, while we only have Olmo as the 10.

The squad balance will be the one I posted, which leave us with 2 quality players for all positions.

That's assuming we don't sign a DM and sign Olmo, both BIG ifs.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Mikel Merino is available for 15-20m I hope we sign him.
If Flick is going to play his usual system he seem like a very good fit.

Home of Barca Fans