Barca Transfers and Rumors

TheStig

I don't want Haaland but Laporta will want a big name if we can afford him. Don't think Haaland will stay at City for a long time after Pep will left and the decline will happen. Barca/Madrid are the logical option.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I actually think Big Earl ending up here in the next 2 years is a fairly big probability. We will definitely make a ' Galactico ' signing in the next 2 years to signal we are back financially and should have the financial power to give him the huge wages he desires.

City will obviously offer him more, but Barca offers him things money can't buy. Let's face it, we are stratospheres bigger than Man City.

The only other option for him is Madrid but no way is he going to want to share the limelight and personal awards with Mbappe, Vini etc.

The big question is if he will be worth the money. Obviously he will score boatloads against the leagues fodder, but I still have a big question mark over his big game performances, which is essentially what will determine whether he is worth the money or not.

khaled_a_d

First he extended for this insane 100m/y. He left afterwards when he earned enough. Haaland is still on his first contract, so it's comparable to Mbappe getting his first massive contract at PSG.
I don't see anyone refusing a massive first salary that goes into triple numbers per year. When you already have several hundreds of millions, or close to a billion then it's a different story, but Haaland isn't there yet.
And as you said, City isn't PSG and PL isn't League1. So Haaland can stay there for his whole career if he likes english football good enough in combination with a possible salary so high, that we can't offer even a fourth of it.

To me, Haaland's agent will play the game now to increase his salary massively. He will use us as well, so prepare for more "rumors" going forward.

Halaand already got that massive first contract, unlike Mpabbe, this was already confirmed by BVB before.
City is also under the microscope from EPL, unlike PSG who owned the league.
Also, Halaand is just 10 months or so younger than Mbappe, he won't have the same luxury to wait.

It is also already reported he wants to renew with a buyout clause (150-200M), which he already had before. He is going to get it and it shows he has a plan to move rather than being a City for life

Honestly, I expect Madrid to sell Vini and aim for Halaand by the World Cup, and I think it will happen.

Messi983

I think everyone would prefer a backup that can compete with the starters, for sure.

But how much they cost? Those will be 25M+

It is easy to claim there are affordable hidden gems elsewhere, and usually there are, but truth is failure rate at those deals are extremely high.

I've mentioned Dedic a few times already, he is linked with a move to United (probably not a good sign, lol) in January. He would clearly be more expensive than Mingueza but has potential to be a starter in a few years. 20-25m is worth a punt for players like him, we've done much worse. I'm sure there are other similar players our scouts and Deco should know about more than I do though.

khaled_a_d

I've mentioned Dedic a few times already, he is linked with a move to United (probably not a good sign, lol) in January. He would clearly be more expensive than Mingueza but has potential to be a starter in a few years. 20-25m is worth a punt for players like him, we've done much worse. I'm sure there are other similar players our scouts and Deco should know about more than I do though.

25M is too much for us to pay for a backup, even if great value for money.
And he himself will never be an option for us, he is ROGON client. We won't deal with those again, and they won't deal with us

Porque

Haaland will move to Saudi for huge money.

Lads got no tattoo's, doesn't drink and eats clean. Would be a PR dream for them.

Feck, he would probably love it there. They got all the big shows and boxing there now anyways.

Messicito

The father said he wants Erling to play in each league. If anyone thinks for a second he won't come to La liga let alone with us and Lamine and Pedri and so on.. pep in his ear. Your a bit crazy. No other striker in the world is as good as him. I don't care about stat's or any crap I watch everything. Haaland is for us it will be worth it

BJJ

I was pro Haaland before but he goes missing in big games too often for my liking.
Laporta is an idiot and always wants some big name for some reason.
I just want a well functioning team that wins trophies and plays good football.
There are other options available.

MontenegrinCuler

Just realised Alphonso Davies is 23. I really thought he's pushing 30.

His wages are the only obstacle tbh. Should see how much he demands if it's not crazy salary then we bring him in. No need for a lifetime contract either, maybe sign him for 2 or 3 years until Balde has fully developed. Then we could probably cash out on him too.

He already proved to be a good match for Flick's system. Very little risks and potentially very high gain.

Kohessa

Top top priority next summer is replacing Lewa. That's the most critical urgent position to consolidate. We don't need an urgent LW anymore with our current style.

Definitely, bringing in a truly top-tier striker will be the biggest challenge. I believe that if Barcelona opts for a less-than-elite player, they will once again lower their ambitions. After Lewandowski, they should only be aiming for someone like Harry Kane or Haaland. It may sound unrealistic, but I think only these players can adequately replace the current striker. This isn't just about "sport" performance; it's also about the mentality and professionalism that these players bring.

Hearing rumors about signing all these players with running out contracts is just annoying at this point.
There is a reason why their contracts are running out, either they're not performing or mercenaries who want a super high salary, usually both.

Noting is free.

Andresito

Staff member
Jonathan David dreams of joining Barcelona, and is willing to wait if necessary. The striker will be free to negotiate with any club from January given his contractual situation.

Jonathan Tah is determined to join Barcelona. The German centre-back has an expiring contract, and Hansi Flick is keen on him.

Barcelona are interested in signing Alphonso Davies on a free next summer. Real Madrid have been linked with the left-back for months, but there's still nothing done. Barça have entered the race.

@ffpolo @RogerTorello

Messi983

25M is too much for us to pay for a backup, even if great value for money.
And he himself will never be an option for us, he is ROGON client. We won't deal with those again, and they won't deal with us

Tell more please, why we are on bad terms with that agency? I'm loooking at list of their players and don't see any player with Barca past.

Home of Barca Fans