Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

1466097_10152057785290763_563241749_n.jpg

4 signings for 2014: 2 gk's, a defender and a midfielder.

Add a wing back, if Montoya leaves... I want to believe that, probably just the gk's will come.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Because of a conflict with the president, Real Madrid are willing to sell centre back Sergio Ramos (27) for 65M, even to Barcelona. [as]

:lol:

Cule4life

The Culest
Please the vertonghen ship has sailed. Get a powerhouse like Balanta who has the potential to be our dante. He will be eager to come as this will bolster his chance to get selected for the world cup.
But I wouldn't be surprised if we get David luiz for 40m and Chelsea buy Balanta as his replacement

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
If we sign from outside, they should be proven quality and nothing else; we already have plenty of young unproven players in La Masia, why would we sign one from outside of it?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
has here been any recent info if the club is really interested in Balanta?

I don't think there's been any specific CB rumors since Bartra broke out. The rumors will probably fire up again if/when we show defensive weakness around transfer season.

khaled_a_d

Please the vertonghen ship has sailed. Get a powerhouse like Balanta who has the potential to be our dante. He will be eager to come as this will bolster his chance to get selected for the world cup.
But I wouldn't be surprised if we get David luiz for 40m and Chelsea buy Balanta as his replacement

Dante? there is way more chance that he will be our new Henrique than being new Dante ,kid is raw ,played in senior level just few months ago ,the rumor linking us to him started after like 13 games in his professional career
On the other side ,Dante was established proven player and well known in Germany ,he moved to Bayern when he was 29 with 8 years playing in Europe,10 years of professional career which he started even younger than Balanta did ,established himself 3 years in Bundisliga ,in his last season he qualified to CL with Borussia Mönchengladbach
He wasn't known for regular football fans who don't follow Bundisliga closely ,but he was both known and proven their,NOTHING like Balanta
PS:eek:ne more then I don't like about Balanta he is 181 cm,most CBs playing for big teams are around 184 at least,we need height for sure at CB position considering we have a short team ,his length is acceptable but I won't deny I wish for taller one

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I would definitely consider Balanta as a reasonable candidate. He may be unproven in elite competition and new to the professional game, but talent is talent and plenty of people have recognized it in the case of this player.

We don't have anyone in the academy ready for the role, Bagnack not even being stable in the Segunda division. It's highly improbable that we'd get a proven quality defender in January. This guy wouldn't be expensive and isn't one of those 'hit or flop' transfers since he's still developing and learning so improvement is a definite guarantee even if he struggles at first.

I do, however, concede that I personally don't know much about this player other than what I've seen in some videos and read in scouting reports. What information I've gathered does impress me though. I've seen/read that he's blessed physically with great pace and strength, he might not be very tall but has a jump that more than compensates for it (all of these qualities contradictory to our currently struggling Pique). He has great confidence passing the ball and a calm mentality, not wrongly committing into tackles but positioning himself well. He can improve in terms of pressuring during 1v1's, but he's young so he can still learn a lot.

Theconomist

I would definitely consider Balanta as a reasonable candidate. He may be unproven in elite competition and new to the professional game, but talent is talent and plenty of people have recognized it in the case of this player.

We don't have anyone in the academy ready for the role, Bagnack not even being stable in the Segunda division. It's highly improbable that we'd get a proven quality defender in January. This guy wouldn't be expensive and isn't one of those 'hit or flop' transfers since he's still developing and learning so improvement is a definite guarantee even if he struggles at first.

I do, however, concede that I personally don't know much about this player other than what I've seen in some videos and read in scouting reports. What information I've gathered does impress me though. I've seen/read that he's blessed physically with great pace and strength, he might not be very tall but has a jump that more than compensates for it (all of these qualities contradictory to our currently struggling Pique). He has great confidence passing the ball and a calm mentality, not wrongly committing into tackles but positioning himself well. He can improve in terms of pressuring during 1v1's, but he's young so he can still learn a lot.

I don't see the difference between the Balanta hype and the Inigo Martinez hype from last year, and look at Martinez now, making silly mistakes left and right being totally dominated in CL.

If we sign someone it should be an established CB that's over the age of 25 with plenty of experience.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't see the difference between the Balanta hype and the Inigo Martinez hype from last year, and look at Martinez now, making silly mistakes left and right being totally dominated in CL.

If we sign someone it should be an established CB that's over the age of 25 with plenty of experience.
yeah... the likes of Henrique, Hleb and Keirrison, right? Pay bucketload and wish for them to turn out good. And when they don't, pay them their wages till their contract comes to an end

The difference between Balanta and Inigo is Balanta wouldn't cost even half of what Inigo would and then there's no need whatsoever to even talk about wages as in the less we talk the better. With low wages even if, God forbid, he became a flop it wouldn't be too much of a task to offload him. The club has been facing a tremendous problem trying to sign a CB for ages now, trying to buy the likes of Balanta(promising younsters who won't costa lot and won't demand major amounts for wage) would be a risk more than worth our while

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Because of a conflict with the president, Real Madrid are willing to sell centre back Sergio Ramos (27) for 65M, even to Barcelona. [as]

:lol:

Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid): "The tension between Madrid and Barça players was too much at one point, but that's behind us now." [fft]

Ramos: "They said I had problems with Pique, but that wasn't true. Later we spent time together and he's a great guy with a big heart."

Ramos making his way to Barca :pep:

mazp

Now being reported by a more legit source...

"Because of problems regarding his contract renewal, Real Madrid are willing to let centre back Ramos leave for 65M, also to Barcelona. [ser]"

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I would love Ramos here, Ramos + Pique pairing is soo good. Would mean that Bartra becomes second choice again, so we would need to make sure he gets plenty of playing time regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans