Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
They want 100M and Alexis?

I think they want a deal including Alexis that amounts to 100M in total. Meaning something like 60m + Alexis (I'd say he's worth AT LEAST 40m, probably more).

Btw, how hard can it fucking be to get a good CB? Just splash on Benatia. We have the money, and he wouldn't cost much more than what we're trying to get Marquinhos for. This is looking like Thiago Silva all over again. Chase Marquinhos all summer and end up with no one but Mathieu.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

I think it is a pointless transfer. We are strong offensively but weak defensively. Scoring goals is not the problem.

It is the problem though. It's easy to look at the 100 goals we scored and say our attack is fine. Anyone who watches the games in detail will know this. I'll give you an example... a 7-0 win against Osasuna vs our 2-1 Champions League loss to Atletico? or 6-0 win vs Rayo Vallecano or our 1-1 draw against AM again on the last day of the season? Which determined the outcome of our season more? Furthermore if you hadn't noticed our defence has been average for the past few years, just our attacking outweighed it and because of our inability to break down defences this season it was highlighted even more. The defence problem is much simpler to fix than people realise.. The breaking down of oppositions "parking the bus" is the real problem. Selling David Villa was probably the worse decision we have made recently. His movement and work rate gave time and space for Messi and co. That's why we need a proper CF like Suarez to do this, as well as defenders to sort out our average defence.

Barcilliant

I think they want a deal including Alexis that amounts to 100M in total. Meaning something like 60m + Alexis (I'd say he's worth AT LEAST 40m, probably more).

Btw, how hard can it fucking be to get a good CB? Just splash on Benatia. We have the money, and he wouldn't cost much more than what we're trying to get Marquinhos for. This is looking like Thiago Silva all over again. Chase Marquinhos all summer and end up with no one but Mathieu.

The board are idiots. Hardly a revelation. Its upto Lucho to force the issue.

40 million and I'm sure we'd get either Benatia or Hummels. The money is there-USE IT. What the hell are all those sponsors for??

We've now got THREE sponsors on our shirt where we had none before.

It is the problem though. It's easy to look at the 100 goals we scored and say our attack is fine. Anyone who watches the games in detail will know this. I'll give you an example... a 7-0 win against Osasuna vs our 2-1 Champions League loss to Atletico? or 6-0 win vs Rayo Vallecano or our 1-1 draw against AM again on the last day of the season? Which determined the outcome of our season more? Furthermore if you hadn't noticed our defence has been average for the past few years, just our attacking outweighed it and because of our inability to break down defences this season it was highlighted even more. The defence problem is much simpler to fix than people realise.. The breaking down of oppositions "parking the bus" is the real problem. Selling David Villa was probably the worse decision we have made recently. His movement and work rate gave time and space for Messi and co. That's why we need a proper CF like Suarez to do this, as well as defenders to sort out our average defence.

+1

How many times did we see the ball aimlessly passed back and forth for the past 2 seasons??

Bartomeu (president): "We know which centre backs we want, talks are ongoing, it's a matter of time. Things will go faster after World Cup."

Is Bart just spewing BS?

Maybe its one of the CBs still at the WC.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Do people seriously think we can get Di Maria? :lol:

No. I don't think he's that dickish to move straight from Real to Barca. And Barca is obsessed with Suarez now. And we know when Barca's board is obsessed with someone it's either them or no one *cough*Fabregas*cough*Thiago Silva*.

F

Flavia

Bartomeu (president): "We lack some defenders and a forward. We think we're well-covered in midfield."

Looks like it was Koke or nothing. But I think Rafinha will step up. I'm glad he said "defenders", though. Plural.

Tomchin

Bartomeu (president): "We lack some defenders and a forward. We think we're well-covered in midfield."

Looks like it was Koke or nothing. But I think Rafinha will step up. I'm glad he said "defenders", though. Plural.
Mathieu and Cuadrado? ;)

Icarium

Lifestealer

this gives me hope. I hope it is not false hope. 2 defenders and 1 forward get it done. Or does he mean Mathieu and cuadrado then I will be fucking disappointed. Cuadrado is no defender. Mathieu marquinhos Suarez, if Alexis leaves then cuadrado.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

^^^ Tiki-Taka is not obsolete you are. . .

Well,some aspects of our Tiki-Taka realy are-you don't have to admitt it but it's obvious,man.

Like I wrote,we are stuck in old Madridista's "Galacticos" strategy-in our case,colegue Galning put it better:"Culacticos."

It's amazing what a disbalance in quality we have when you compare players on some positions-on some positions we have probabbly best material in the worldMessi,Neymar,Iniesta,Alves)and on other positions we have UNDER mediocre material.We should have at least upper class material everywhere!

Suarez worth 100m?Let's compare him with closest in price,Bale's tranfer:
-Bale is 3 years younger
-Bale don't have behaviour issues that can cost the club dearly
-Bale didn't have to miss half of the season
-Bale was cheaper,around 91m.

I like Suarez,but he's someone we must wait...be patience with...send on rehab...hope he won't flipp out again...hope he will adjust to our style(you know he's pretty selfish?)...so many risks-let's offer them 75m:take it or leave it!

100 m is a lot of money,we coul buy many great players for it.
I wish we buy Baines!What a LB!Assissts,scores FKs,sends low and high balls perfectly,good in the back...he's sooo much more then Alba!Imagine him and Alves on sides!

I wish we buy Mandzukic,also!Big,strong,versitile CF.When we can't breach some team's defence,he enters and Messi,Neymar,Alves,Iniesta start to send high balls...he would demolish most of Primeras defences unused to good old-fashioned CFs(probabbly last real one was Kovacevic).

And Quintero!I saw this video of him and was speachless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDXDho43TE

In 1:52 he scores from almoast 40 meters FK!He dribbles,passes,shoots,scores.And he is cheaper now than in few years...

CB?What about that Micah Richards?He's not in Pellegrini's plans...maybe he would be cheap...26 years only...widest and strongest man on pitches!Or Kaboul?He's 28,has experience,strong,190,tough...

Egert

Estonian Culé

Mathieu, Suarez and Fazio would be my signings, because the first 2 seem to happen any time soon and Benatia is not coming so Fazio is my option.

Bertus

Marquinhos, who's anticipated return is planned for tomorrow before leaving for the stage in Austria wants to join Barcelona who's after him since many weeks. The brazilian player can't imagine pursuing his career in the french capitale after David Luiz arrival.

Barcelona board contacted PSG. Out of politness, PSG listened to all the Barca offers, the 30M+Alves one in particular before rejecting them all because there's no way they will let the promising youth defender leave Paris.

In front of PSG's resolution, people close to Marquinhos thought about boycotting PSG pre-season but they dropped it. Marquinhos should be present tomorrow to travel to Austria with his teammates

[Le_Parisien]

Wow, seems that Linetty might get my head before the end of this mercato :lol:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!

So we scored a total of 2 goals in those games yet conceded 3....

That would indicate that letting in the goals is the problem, not scoring them. If we hadn't conceded we would have won both of them. We lost the league this year because of terrible management and no clear system or philosophy. We beat 'lesser' teams because our attacking players can individually win a game on their own, but we lose against the stronger teams because their attack is far superior than our defence. This is blatantly obvious. However because it is sexier to buy a big name striker than a solid centre back the FIFA14 generation are going spastic. Get your Suarez and watch how we all bitch all year about how Neymar, Messi and Suarez don't gel together, or Neymar doesn't pass quickly enough, Messi is too static, Suarez keeps making the same runs as Messi etc etc.

What this generation seems to have forgotten is that teams win trophies, not individuals. The galactico era proved that without any doubt, yet here we are in 2014 watching Barca going down the same route and more amazingly is that quite a lot of you seem to be in agreement with that strategy.

We need a new centre back because we only have Pique. Mascherano will do as cover, Bartra is not (and will never be) good enough to be a starter and we don't have anyone else. NOBODY, NADA, NOTHING.

In attack we have Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Deulofeu, Pedro, Cuenca, Bojan and Tello. Not counting Iniesta who can also play out wide if needed. So I would like to buy a decent CB and a lateral, but fuck me right!

Last edited:

Egert

Estonian Culé
Bartomeu (president): "I cant talk about transfer negotiations, but there are many talks ongoing and many deals closed." #fcblive

Mathieu, Suarez, Cuadrado are done :pep:

Bertus

Bartomeu (president): "I cant talk about transfer negotiations, but there are many talks ongoing and many deals closed." #fcblive

Mathieu, Suarez, Cuadrado are done :pep:

You can start adding Marquinhos to the possible list.

If you didn't, read what i posted about Le_Parisien in the previous page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans