Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastore

I think he doesn´t mean a direct swap. More who he would like to see join and who should leave for them.

Cuadrado would be a great Transfer. He would be perfect for our right wings.

F

Flavia

So we scored a total of 2 goals in those games yet conceded 3....

That would indicate that letting in the goals is the problem, not scoring them. If we hadn't conceded we would have won both of them. We lost the league this year because of terrible management and no clear system or philosophy. We beat 'lesser' teams because our attacking players can individually win a game on their own, but we lose against the stronger teams because their attack is far superior than our defence. This is blatantly obvious. However because it is sexier to buy a big name striker than a solid centre back the FIFA14 generation are going spastic. Get your Suarez and watch how we all bitch all year about how Neymar, Messi and Suarez don't gel together, or Neymar doesn't pass quickly enough, Messi is too static, Suarez keeps making the same runs as Messi etc etc.

What this generation seems to have forgotten is that teams win trophies, not individuals. The galactico era proved that without any doubt, yet here we are in 2014 watching Barca going down the same route and more amazingly is that quite a lot of you seem to be in agreement with that strategy.

We need a new centre back because we only have Pique. Mascherano will do as cover, Bartra is not (and will never be) good enough to be a starter and we don't have anyone else. NOBODY, NADA, NOTHING.

In attack we have Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Deulofeu, Pedro, Cuenca, Bojan and Tello. Not counting Iniesta who can also play out wide if needed. So I would like to buy a decent CB and a lateral, but fuck me right!

Suarez looks like a demand from Lucho. I'm trying to get my head around those transfers with the hope that Lucho knows what he's doing.
Cuenca, Bojan and Tello will all leave too. You shouldn't count on them.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Yes I accept that they will probably leave but that is not my point really. My point is that we don't need to strengthen the attack, we need to strengthen our biggest weakness and that is our defence. This is us at the moment.

Barca: My car is making a strange noise but it still drives.
Mechanic: You need a new exhaust, I can fit one for £110.
Barca: Ok, then give me 4 new tires.
Mechanic: Really? Well if you are sure, that will be £550.
Barca: Excellent, thank you.
*One week later*
Barca: My car is still making that noise.
Mechanic: "£$%^&*(!!!

@Sunyol
Your logic is flawed, especially when you take 2 games in which we scored two and conceded three, and conclude that with a better defense we would have won both thus defense is the problem.
What if we had scored more in those games ? You could argue in exactly the same way that our attack is the problem.

That said, we do need at least two new defenders, as opposed to one forward

Irish_Cules

It's clear that the club has let the Chygrrynskiy transfer scare them shitless. They don't want to splash out on a centre back again only for him to fail miserably. Every time they say "very few defenders fit the Barca profile" they're basically saying "did you see what a disaster Chygrynskiy was?!"

Tomchin

Haven't followed the discussion, but main problem against Atleti was our offence, no? We scored like 3 goals or something in 5 games against them?

Tomchin

It's clear that the club has let the Chygrrynskiy transfer scare them shitless. They don't want to splash out on a centre back again only for him to fail miserably. Every time they say "very few defenders fit the Barca profile" they're basically saying "did you see what a disaster Chygrynskiy was?!"
Caceres, Henrique can be added to that list too

Cule4life

The Culest

That would be true if they didnt bid 40mn for overrated and inexperienced Marquinhos. The fact is Zoobidoo and Barfuck love their Brazilians

Vilarrubi

Haven't followed the discussion, but main problem against Atleti was our offence, no? We scored like 3 goals or something in 5 games against them?

Exactly. We've seen an average Barca defence for the past few years now.. But i've never seen anything like last season and our inability to break down oppositions defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans