Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
"You people" ?

No, Mathieu is a good back-up option but we'll never pay 20M for him anway. Fazio is not special either, Bartra is already better than him, and I don't think we'll sign Marquinhos. I'd try and persuade Hummels or pay big dollars for Benatia but it seems like the board doesn't want to do that.
not directed at you but in general the trend in this thread is that people don't want only Fazio/Mathieu as our CBs but somehow with Marcos in the mix its all good

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
This player is for english league,that one doesn't pass as good as Xavi,the other one is "just not for us",this one hasn't great tehnique,that one is too tough and strong,that other one shoots too good from the distance,this has name that starts on letter W,that one prefers "Rage against the machine" over "Metallica",that other one use to have blond hair when he was little child...

I think we are the only club that narrows potential players pool to this dimensions...other clubs do it a little bit different:

"Is he a great CB?Tall,tough,strong,fast,great header,experienced?"
"Yes."
"Can we afford him?"
"Yes."
"Ok,buy him.What do we need next?"

Would be funny if it wasn't true :(

Bertus

Clubs still discuss how Suarez fee of close to 80M (£63M) will be paid. Liverpool want big part now, Barcelona want to spread more. [as]
Luis Suarez, who will sign a 5-year contract at Barcelona, has accepted an important pay cut. He had 12M year salary at Liverpool. [tv3]

Okay, this is done deal, only a matter of time it seems.
That's medias vs medias.

English medias don't report 80M euros for example but higher.

Till it's done and numbers are made public, you should hold horses so you won't be disappointed if what was in the press was false.

Trafalgar

That's what I was affraid off ... Rafinha & Ivan aren't suffisant and even if Xavi stays we need his replacement ....

Richard.H

Probably not. We haven't been linked to a midfielder after buying Rakitic.

Lucho seems to be counting on Rafinha, which isn't that bad of a decision considering he's so talented.

The board isn't so hasteful on buying a defender because they have been really impressed by Bartra. I think that's why they are only focusing on the targets that Lucho seems to really want (Marquinhos). Not a great decision however since I still don't think Bartra is as good defensively as a few other youngsters.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So with Neymar out for the foreseeable future and Suarez unable to play until November do you guys think the board will bring in immediate backup? Like Nolito from Celta, or someone else.

Bosses will have to make some hard and painfull deceisions.

Should we strech our finances to the limit and buy one great CB...or should we buy 2 mediocres and save some money?

Should we consider buying/loaning some cheap but usefull CF to fill up space untill this Suarez/Neymar absence expires?

Should we buy any MFs-Cuadrado was mentioned several times(I wish we could get Isco or Quintero!)?

Hard,risky and nervs-tearing decisions...

Bertus

So with Neymar out for the foreseeable future and Suarez unable to play until November do you guys think the board will bring in immediate backup? Like Nolito from Celta, or someone else.

I wonder the same. What to do now.

It can screw up current plans.

I

instinct

I wonder the same. What to do now.

It can screw up current plans.

I'd give Deulofeu a shot, tbh. Wouldn't make sense to buy a replacement and since Tello is about to leave we should use Deulofeu. Could be vital for his further development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans