Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

linetty

As I remember we are the team or one of the teams which concede most from corners and set pieces. For me its only logical to have at least 3 tall defender because its too risky have small fullbacks. Why do we need alba? he doesnt provide anything his sprints are useless and he isnt a good defender, He is only quick thats it and I dont need to talk abour alves. We had abidal and everything was fine and puyol wasnt the tallest player but he was a good defender and in the air he was a monster. Mark these words not even the best cb pair will help us because of the weakness on the wings. The whole defense line has to work perfectly and not only one part. One small player on the wings who can defend well is ok but we dont have one good lb or rb.
People were always making a big deal out of it and were shit scared when we had to defend a corner but I always had a feeling we didn't concede THAT much from them.

Does anyone have stats on how much we conceded from corners the last years compared to other teams?

Galning

Madrid conceded more goals from corners and freekicks than us but hey... They have monsters in the air like Ramos & Pepe so it's all good.

L

linetty

Madrid conceded more goals from corners and freekicks than us but hey... They have monsters in the air like Ramos & Pepe so it's all good.
Thanks for backing up my claim. I had a feeling some other big club conceded more and I'm sure it's not only Real.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Most of the corner goals I blame cesc and pique. They lose the players who were they supposed to mark very often, completely clueless of what is going in the region. With good defenders it might not improve nor with tall people, it is a team work and they need to work towards that direction.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

K

Kobe Bean Bryant

I remember people laughing at me when I said we should get Suarez. Who's laughing now???

Galning

Thanks for backing up my claim. I had a feeling some other big club conceded more and I'm sure it's not only Real.

You're definitely right when you say the "we can't defend corners or freekicks" reactions simply aren't true and I'm 100% sure we had a better record than Real Madrid. I think we had the second best rate of all La Liga clubs or all the "top" clubs in Europe, something like that, but that stat I can't remember for sure. It was something like that at least.

cro-man

Yeah same problems on the wings with marcello etc.. But its not really fair to compare their defense with ours. Pepe and ramos are one of the reasons they won copa and cl.

L

linetty

Yeah same problems on the wings with marcello etc.. But its not really fair to compare their defense with ours. Pepe and ramos are one of the reasons they won copa and cl.
Same can be said about Pique and Mascherano.

K

Kobe Bean Bryant

Kostas Manolas

Giancarlo González

Muhamed Besic

Good centre back options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans