Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Pepe Reina: "I'd love to come back. Play in Barça is a privilege. Today valdes is the best gk. Ter Stegen has personality and plays well with his feet."
Today VV is the best GK, in 2009 he was succeeding at Barca because he was catalan. I dislike Pepe Reina so much that I would rather see Pinto as our GK next year than him.

And some good news from Bartolomeu: "it's not the time to renovate the squad".

Bartomeu (sports vice president): "At this moment, we don't plan to sign anyone in January." [onda cero]

:lol:

He also said that this team has evolved since Pep left and that Barca can win as many trophies as we did when Pep was the coach. :lol:
And you guys think that we will buy more than 2 players next year. :(

concentrate on the important parts
defense, GK and maybe consider the future of 1 or 2 players like eg Song. there is also Delofeu who plays quite well at everton

barca1899

Because Carles Puyol continues to have knee problems, Barcelona coach Tata Martino wants to sign a centre back in January. [rkb]

ss81bja

Besides the obvious, i.e. 2 GKs and 1\2 CBs Barca needs a Drogba\Eto type forward, i.e. a forward that may not look too "pretty" but can force their way into the box, not be tackled too easy, can draw fouls in the box plus score fairly regulary. Our forwards are too small, weak and depend on skill. This won't work against the parked buses. Barca can also look for a true CF (#9) preferably a tall physical player but must score with as few touches of the ball as possible. The way i see it Barca NEEDS a refresh of the squad without necessarily a purge and we can do it next summer. Using the B team to plug holes will not win us the Champions League but we do not need to break the bank either. Barca is known not to buy "stars" but players with experience and ability to augment the team. The management needs to wake up and be more pro active in terms of transfers. We have had an abysmal 3\4 yrs in the transfer market . I though the 7-0 against Bayern Munich would have waken up management, do we want a drubbing against a team in La Liga to wake them up further?

Howes

Dimitar Berbatov ? 6months left on his contract, looking to leave Fulham, not sure how he'd cope with pressing, but as a plan B /focal point of attack, bringing players in, great first touch, good in the air.

Wasn't he linked with Barcelona earlier ?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think if a #9 is finally brought in, has to be someone who will be content, not to mention be prepared, to play infrequently or for limited minutes

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Dimitar Berbatov ? 6months left on his contract, looking to leave Fulham, not sure how he'd cope with pressing, but as a plan B /focal point of attack, bringing players in, great first touch, good in the air.

Wasn't he linked with Barcelona earlier ?

He's been discussed here before, imo great choice when we want to rest Messi or chase a goal. Until Messi plays for us players like Berbatov or Henrik Larsson is the way to go.

Howes

Dimitar Berbatov on the cheap would be ideal, think he'd jump at the chance to play for Barcelona for a season or 2.

barca1899

Martino wants to sign City forward Aguero. Barcelona met with his agent. Player wants to join Barça, already talked with Pellegrini. [sport]

Howes

Martino wants to sign City forward Aguero. Barcelona met with his agent. Player wants to join Barça, already talked with Pellegrini. [sport]

For the life of me I don't believe this. City won't sell there best player and I highly doubt Barcelona couldn't afford City's best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans