Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftGuyver

fucking hell! who really cares what a player looks like?!

personally i'm fine with us signing Mathieu (yes the fee will be too much but in this current market and considering how desperate we are for defensive reinforcements i'm not really bothered anymore to be honest!) as long as he's not the only CB we sign this summer. Hummels would obviously be great. Piqué-Hummels as starters, Mathieu as the veteran backup & Bartra as the young backup.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Paul-Pogba-Manchester-United_2692126.jpg

What a sexy, underrated boy :wub:

Crixus

I like JM a lot but paying his release clause is just stupid 20m + taxes = 30m to 35m .
http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/05/28/primera/1401247154_426683.html
Con lo que no cuenta el lateral es que el precio de su transferencia puede dispararse. En las oficinas de Mestalla consideran que el Barça (o el club que lo quiera) deberá abonar el precio de su cláusula, además de pagar el IVA y el IRPF. La operación, al final, podría dispararse hasta lo 35 millones, casi nada.

Tomchin

Hummels would obviously be great. Piqué-Hummels as starters, Mathieu as the veteran backup & Bartra as the young backup.
But wouldn't that be the slowest CB-partnership in Europe, which seems suicidal considering we always play with a very high defensive line and concede most of our goals from counter-attacks?

I always thought that Pique-Hummels could work because back in the day, Pique-Marquez (also 2 similar players) formed a brilliant partnership as well. But now I have my doubts, wasn't Marquez faster than Hummels?

SwiftGuyver

i don't think we have many other genuine world class options though...

also we may see changes under Lucho and if we play with a double pivot of Busquets & Mascherano infront of Piqué-Hummels against really tough teams that can hurt us on the counter i think we might be ok...

Mathieu is not Barca starter material. I hope he's not our only CB signing, but he probably will be :facepalm:

Boring same old rubbish from you.

You just want the big names. How often did you even watch Benatia or Mathieu this season?

No, I want someone good enough to start for us. Benatia is, Mathieu isn't. Oh, and I want someone who isn't fucking 31 years old. Fuck me, right?

Last edited:
J

jurgo

don't follow valencia games, but mathieu wasn't in the france world cup squad...

maybe means nothing because filipe luis also was no part of brazils', but benatia should be better :D

LMessi85

What a stupid board we have. We should've got guys like Benatia, Hummels, Mangala, Verthongen or Vlaar. We should've used the most money for our defence, our weakest spots. Now they buy a player like Mathieu. He's pretty ok but too old and too freaking much money!

JamDav1982

What a stupid board we have. We should've got guys like Benatia, Hummels, Mangala, Verthongen or Vlaar. We should've used the most money for our defence, our weakest spots. Now they buy a player like Mathieu. He's pretty ok but too old and too freaking much money!

Vlaar should never be mentioned as a Barca CB!!

JamDav1982

Not seen the world cup? haha. He was great! Yeah just defend Mathieu.. when did he play @ the world cup? Oh right he didnt.

I have seen Vlaar for the last 4/5 years and he is not close to good enough for Barca.

He did have a good World Cup.. in a defence that was protected by sitting midfielders and full backs that were reigned in.

Demicehlis played well in a similar system as did Costa Rica CBs etc. Does not mean any are good enough for Barca and Vlaar is most definitely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans