Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar

20M for Mathieu so maybe 100M for Hummels :lol:

Seriously, the guy is a good CB and can play as a LB but 20M that's one hell of a scam :zubi:

LMessi85

I have seen Vlaar for the last 4/5 years and he is not close to good enough for Barca.

He did have a good World Cup.. in a defence that was protected by sitting midfielders and full backs that were reigned in.

Demicehlis played well in a similar system as did Costa Rica CBs etc. Does not mean any are good enough for Barca and Vlaar is most definitely not.

But Mathieu is? again: LOL

Oh so you've watched all the Aston Villa and Feyenoord games from the last 4/5 years? Hard to believe.
He played like a BEAST @ the WC. Someone we need. Oh btw it is not that he's my favorite defender to get but he would be cheaper than Mathieu.
We should've got hummels even before the WC. Now his price will be insane.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You say Mathieu is Barca starter material but Vlaar isn't? LOL.

There's a reason why he still plays for Aston Villa at 29 years of age. In a defense oriented system, Vlaar is good (he had the best game of his life against Argentina if you discount the penalty miss) but he's not good for our high defensive line. And unlike Vlaar, Mathieu is decently fast.

Now is not the time for impulse buys based off of World Cup form.

I

instinct

Oh so you've watched all the Aston Villa and Feyenoord games from the last 4/5 years? Hard to believe.
He played like a BEAST @ the WC. Someone we need. Oh btw it is not that he's my favorite defender to get but he would be cheaper than Mathieu and he's pretty young.

Oh so you've watched all the Valencia games from the last 4/5 years? Hard to believe.

JamDav1982

He played like a BEAST @ the WC. Someone we need. Oh btw it is not that he's my favorite defender to get but he would be cheaper than Mathieu and he's pretty young.

I have watched Vlaar plenty not seen every game but know he is not good enough.

You know so much about him but claim he is young.... he is not much more than a year younger than Mathieu and not as good a player.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Wow again not seen the WC?

Yeah a few games when he is playing in a five at the back system with two defensive mids covering him all the time. Even David Luiz looked good in that system in 2012 CL. He is the definition of mediocrity at club level. Especially at Barca with our high line and lack of cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans