Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

That was within their limit of 60m (if I'm not mistaken). IIRC, City's limit was lower.

There is no limit, as long as they also sell players. Mangala won't be cheap either. After luiz going for 50m, I doubt Roma would sell him for less than that.

There is no limit, as long as they also sell players. Mangala won't be cheap either. After luiz going for 50m, I doubt Roma would sell him for less than that.

If that's true, then bid 50m for him. It's a better deal than 25m (or whatever 20m + tax is) for Mathieu. Or 40m for Marquinhos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We don't need young defenders. Messi and Iniesta are not getting any younger, we are building a team to win multiple trophies now!

Yes. Bartra is our young defender. Mathieu is a short term option, meanwhile they can scout several good prospects who we can bring in when Mathieu is finished OR promote someone. Would be interesting to see how Rodri develops for example.

If Lucho doesn't want him then we should trust in Lucho. Maybe Lucho feels 50 is too much, or that he wouldn't compliment Pique well.

Does he seriously think that 50 is too much for Benatia but that 40 isn't too much for Marquinhos? Or that 20 + tax isn't too much for Mathieu?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Benatia is not coming. Neither is Marquinhos.

Im interested to see who the other options of Zubi and Lucho are for the CB departement and who they'll bring alongside Jeremy Mathieu.

icemanbrfc

You dont have a choice as PSG are not selling him.

They reportedly rejected 30m + Alves and then 40m alone for him. They are not playing hard ball. They need him as they only have him, Silva, Luiz and a 35 year old CB.

The Thiago Silva case should be enough for you and the media to get that they wont sell if they say so. They dont need the money and definitely dont need to go looking for a CB again in this market where many top teams are struggling to find one.

Not sure i agree with this DonAK, but only to a slight degree. PSG while having tons of money, and lets be honest, they have tons, are not really that much of a club to set the world alight. If Marquinhos and any other players, had any ambition of winning trophies other than a league title, then PSG would not be that club. Fact is, the players who join them, know that if PSG wants them badly enough, then they will pay them wages to light up their eyes.

Lets look at this a bit. Marquinhos will most probably be back up to Luiz and Silva, but if he joins Barca, he would most likely be partnered alongside Pique in a starting role. If he really wants this move, then he will force the move, if not, then we know he is happy to play 2nd fiddle and pick up his wage. Its now not if PSG will sell, but how badly Marcos wants this move, and whether he will force their hand to sell him.

Bertus

You dont have a choice as PSG are not selling him.

They reportedly rejected 30m + Alves and then 40m alone for him. They are not playing hard ball. They need him as they only have him, Silva, Luiz and a 35 year old CB.

The Thiago Silva case should be enough for you and the media to get that they wont sell if they say so. They dont need the money and definitely dont need to go looking for a CB again in this market where many top teams are struggling to find one.

Some people just think I brag about it, but I just say what's logical. And everything you said is true.

When i explain that our CB situation at PSG is not a paradise, there are people here that said we will sell Marcos 40M to buy benatia 60M or even 70M. Things that don't make sense at all.

Till mid september at least PSG will have only 2 CBs to work with: Marcos and Camara.

If one of them get injured we're fucked.

Also, as you pointed it out, there's like 10 big clubs looking for CBs. What would be the point of selling Marcos now.

PSG season starts in less than 2 weeks. We are at the very end of our pre-season here.

But I guess there will be people thinking we will now start our season with only Camara :lol: .

The CBs situation is dire for everyone. That's why MANY clubs, not only PSG just refuse to sell.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Why not Inigo Martinez? If we are going to keep it in La Liga, I think Martinez wouldn't be a terrible choice, particularly since he is familiar with playing with Bartra.

Mathieu sounds like a done deal so I don't expect a big name CB like Benatia or Hummels anymore, they would have came first and the 20 million we spent on Mathieu would have been needed to get either of those players. Thus Martinez.

He's young, he isn't a finished product yet but I think he could grow into what we need in a year or two of Lucho and Puyol coaching him. We don't necessarily need a big name signing, we just need quality depth players so Mascherano doesn't have to play CB anymore.

I'd be happy with Mathieu and Martinez, Pique-Bartra as the starting pair with both of the other two rotating in and the occasional Edgar Ie apperance in the center and I think we'd have what we needed.

Bertus

Not sure i agree with this DonAK, but only to a slight degree. PSG while having tons of money, and lets be honest, they have tons, are not really that much of a club to set the world alight. If Marquinhos and any other players, had any ambition of winning trophies other than a league title, then PSG would not be that club. Fact is, the players who join them, know that if PSG wants them badly enough, then they will pay them wages to light up their eyes.

Lets look at this a bit. Marquinhos will most probably be back up to Luiz and Silva, but if he joins Barca, he would most likely be partnered alongside Pique in a starting role. If he really wants this move, then he will force the move, if not, then we know he is happy to play 2nd fiddle and pick up his wage. Its now not if PSG will sell, but how badly Marcos wants this move, and whether he will force their hand to sell him.

We have tons of money that we can't use because of the FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans