Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

If Mathieu's our only CB signing, we'll only have 1 world class CB (and only 3 CBs overall). Madrid, as a comparison, have 3.

What's annoying is the Zubi defense force telling me to shut up every time I criticize the board and/or mention Benatia.

Zubi defense force? :lol:
No, your obsession is the annoying thing, even though you never actually saw him playing. Whinning about it 1000x won't change anything, anyway. So, give it a rest.

Kerrybai

If Mathieu's our only CB signing, we'll only have 1 world class CB (and only 3 CBs overall). Madrid, as a comparison, have 3.

No one likes Zubi, but you keep reminding us exactly how much you dislike him. Broken record player etc.

We would all like Benatia, but those rumours died down ages ago. The board has done well this summer, all we are missing now is another center back.

F

Flavia

How do you know I've never seen him play?

Have you? I asked earlier and you never answered. I doubt it, because you found out about him after cule4life's posts about him, and jumped the bandwagon. I read his thread too. And it's not the 1st time you do it, either.

Bertus

The coach isn't always right. There's a reason coaches are fired all the time.

And how do you know that Lucho doesn't want him? Maybe he did but our board weren't willing to pay his price.

I think Kerri is right.

According to catalan newspapers, Barcelona would pay 40M for marcos right now if PSG wants to sell.

We didn't hear that they offered that much for Benatia if at all.

Dunno if it's a smokescreen, but officially, Lucho is dead set on Mathieu and Marquinhos.

While Mathieu is kind of easy to get because of the release clause, PSG is a tough opponent to deal with.

Our CB situation is not as perfect as people think it is, and PSG is not the club from 5 years ago that did bend over to any big clubs knocking at their door.

That"s kind of saddening to say, but many people continue to treat PSG as if they were still a small club easy to stomp whenever a player interests a big club.

Given how Catalan newspapers talk about it, i'm not even sure there's a plan B if they lose their battle with PSG over Marquinhos.

And since I am also a barca fan, I would be annoyed if they end up with Mathieu only because they belittled PSG's will to retain players yet again just like last year with TS.

I think Kerri is right.

According to catalan newspapers, Barcelona would pay 40M for marcos right now if PSG wants to sell.

We didn't hear that they offered that much for Benatia if at all.

Dunno if it's a smokescreen, but officially, Lucho is dead set on Mathieu and Marquinhos.

While Mathieu is kind of easy to get because of the release clause, PSG is a tough opponent to deal with.

Our CB situation is not as perfect as people think it is, and PSG is not the club from 5 years ago that did bend over to any big clubs knocking at their door.

That"s kind of saddening to say, but many people continue to treat PSG as if they were still a small club easy to stomp whenever a player interests a big club.

Given how Catalan newspapers talk about it, i'm not even sure there's a plan B if they lose their battle with PSG over Marquinhos.

And since I am also a barca fan, I would be annoyed if they end up with Mathieu only because they belittled PSG's will to retain players yet again just like last year with TS.

You know our board. Of course there's no plan B. I said it before: we'll probably chase Marquinhos all summer while Benatia goes to Chelsea.

I

instinct

I think it's understandable that Lucho/Zubi want Marquinhos instead of Benatia. Marcos is really good considering his young age and has many many good years ahead of him while Benatia is already 27. He is better though but I think that Marcos will be much better than him when he turns 27 (if his development goes as planned)

I

instinct

Barcelona's alternatives for Marquinhos and Mathieu are Dortmund defender Mats Hummels (25) and Ajax defender Daley Blind (24). [tv3]

Last edited:
I think it's understandable that Lucho/Zubi want Marquinhos instead of Benatia. Marcos is really good considering his young age and has many many good years ahead of him while Benatia is already 27. He is better though but I think that Marcos will be much better than him when he turns 27 (if his development goes as planned)

It's not understandable at all. PSG won't sell Marquinhos. End of. I don't know what it's going to take for Zubi to understand that.

It would be understandable to go for Marquinhos over Benatia if it were possible to get him, but it isn't.

Last edited:

Bertus

You know our board. Of course there's no plan B. I said it before: we'll probably chase Marquinhos all summer while Benatia goes to Chelsea.

Rosell is out. Lucho is in.

Zubi has done well so far and while i'm not sure, I want to believe they will switch target before the end of the mercato if they lose to PSG.

Zubi said today that "maybe" they will get their [second] CB before august 24.

Let's wait before crying. We're not even in august yet.

L

linetty

For next page.
I thought Blind is a LB? He's good, young and wouldn't be hard to get. I'd like it.

Barcelona's alternatives for Marquinhos and Mathieu are Dortmund defender Mats Hummels (25) and Ajax defender Daley Blind (24). [tv3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans