Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's understandable that Lucho/Zubi want Marquinhos instead of Benatia. Marcos is really good considering his young age and has many many good years ahead of him while Benatia is already 27. He is better though but I think that Marcos will be much better than him when he turns 27 (if his development goes as planned)

Yes, that sounds logical although I still think Bartra is enough as our young CB. Not to forget young prospects like Ie and Rodrigo Tarin in La Masia who can blossom to be very good players as well.

I thought Blind is a LB? He's good, young and wouldn't be hard to get. I'd like it.

So did I, but he apparently played as CDM for Ajax last season and got voted as the League's Best Player. Looks like a LB/DM/CM.

Bertus

I think it's understandable that Lucho/Zubi want Marquinhos instead of Benatia. Marcos is really good considering his young age and has many many good years ahead of him while Benatia is already 27. He is better though but I think that Marcos will be much better than him when he turns 27 (if his development goes as planned)

Zubi and Enrique had a press conference today right?

On French medias, it's reported that Zubi said "he wants a CB that can play for many years at Barca" + "somebody that fits barcelona play style".

To me it's clear they are pointing their finger at marquinhos without naming him.

Let's see what will happen. But if i had an advice to give to Zubi and Lucho, that would be to not belittle PSG. Let's hope they learned from last year.

Neymessi

All the typical Cb names mentioned here are getting unrealistic everyday.Any new name that is worthy of a CB at barca?

ebc_99

If Mathieu's our only CB signing, we'll only have 1 world class CB (and only 3 CBs overall). Madrid, as a comparison, have 3.

If Real defenders are better why did they concede more goals than us again last year for the sixth consecutive year? With Mathieu our defence will be better than Real's and we are not finished yet.

zanela

Mathieu is 30, so yes 3 great years potentially. Perhaps a similar lifespan to Puyol.

Mathieu will complete his 31 only two months in to the season. I think that number is closer and more relevant than what his profile shows atm i.e in the off-season. We'd 've paid for a 30 ye. last summer not this. (Just brought it up as I've seen people having issues with the age attributed to the frenchman)

Trickykid

Because of the Danes in the team, I watch just about every Ajax match I possibly can, and I don't think I saw Blind playing CB one single time. LB and DM, but never CB.

EDIT: Just checked Whoscored, and apparently he played CB 3 times. So yeah...

I

instinct

If Real defenders are better why did they concede more goals than us again last year for the sixth consecutive year? With Mathieu our defence will be better than Real's and we are not finished yet.

This

Furthermore, we lacked defensive stability last season. Our system was unbalanced but nevertheless we conceded less goals than Real. Fixing tactics to guarantee defensive stability will have a HUGE impact regardless of who our CB's will be. That + new players who strenghten our backline and we're set.

jamrock

we need depth more than a Class CB, last season we conceded 33 goals and thats with a patch work of defenders at times and without Valdez, thats 7 less than Atletico
The season before which was out worst in god knows how long we conceded 42. that won't happen again

both seasons we conceded less than Real

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona's alternatives for Marquinhos and Mathieu are Dortmund defender Mats Hummels (25) and Ajax defender Daley Blind (24). [tv3]

WTF? Blind even isn't a CB....

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Just get Hummels already. If we end up with Mathieu and Blind, all blame must be on Zubi. No way Lucho will be satisfied with those options.

PaulFCB

Banned
People seem to laud Musacchio but are Barca even interested in him? He seems like the future Argentine CB alongside Garay for maybe Copa America and World Cup 2018, he was also on the Copacabana Beach on the day of the final with the fans :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans