Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

Since Hummels and Benatia are off limits, then I think we ought to try to get Schar, Musacchio, or Howedes.

I think we should be looking for howedes as he has the versatility advantage.Alves is really past it and was replaces by an washed out maicon.Howedes was decent for germany this WC undoubtedly.If he plays good for schalke then he should be seriously considered.
%

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
But I wonder who could they get. I'd be happy with Subotic, think it's doable.

Let's compile a list. Hummels and Benatia look unreachable.

Neven Subotic
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Benedikt Howedes
Federico Fazio
Mateo Musacchio
Aymeric Laporte (via buyout)
Iñigo Martinez (via buyout)
Kostas Manolas
Fabian Schar
Stefan de Vrij (Lazio deal not done yet)

Who else could we look at?

Also Subotic has the long hair to be Puyol's spiritual successor. :worthy:

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Neven Subotic
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Benedikt Howedes
Federico Fazio
Mateo Musacchio
Kostas Manolas
Fabian Schar

You should forget Laporte. He won't leave Athletic this summer. I'd love him here, he's my favorite name, but it just isn't happening.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Neven Subotic
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Benedikt Howedes
Federico Fazio
Mateo Musacchio
Kostas Manolas
Fabian Schar

Add Jan Vertonghen, and you've got the who's who of MD and Sport targets not named Benatia, Hummels and Kompany.

Trickykid

I'm going to catch some flak for this, I'm sure, but there's still Agger...
If it's a straight up starter we're looking for, it would be too risky considering his frail legs (yeah, I actually think he's good enough to be a starter here, if he could stay healthy), but if Lucho is looking for a squad player, we could do a whole lot more wrong than paying around 10M for him.

Neymessi

Neven Subotic
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Benedikt Howedes
Federico Fazio
Mateo Musacchio
Kostas Manolas
Fabian Schar

dortmund looks unlikely to sell anymore of their players so no subotic.Laporte is my personal favorite and he is rock solid whenever I have seen him play but his buyout is unrealistic.Inigo martinez is not that good for me.He was good the previous season but I think he dipped this season.

We have 4 players including masch fighting for the Cb spot.What we must be looking now is someone to cover the RB position who can also cover the CB position if necessary.And howedes is the man for that.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I'm going to catch some flak for this, I'm sure, but there's still Agger...
If it's a straight up starter we're looking for, it would be too risky considering his frail legs (yeah, I actually think he's good enough to be a starter here, if he could stay healthy), but if Lucho is looking for a squad player, we could do a whole lot more wrong than paying around 10M for him.

I won't bash the suggestion, but counter with two other suggestions/speculations:

One, I think Agger will cost the team more than €10M just on name, dealing with LFC and Barca on the other side.

And two, purely speculatory, they might want someone younger now having gotten experience in Mathieu. Agger will turn 30 soon and is already injury riddled.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You should forget Laporte. He won't leave Athletic this summer. I'd love him here, he's my favorite name, but it just isn't happening.

Technically, if we are desperate enough and Laporte agrees a deal with us, then all we have left to do is pay his buyout and taxes. But then the question of why we didn't do so sooner (when his buyout was 36m rather than 42m) arises. :lol:

We'd have bought the most expensive over 30 and the most expensive u-21 defenders. :lol:

Crixus

Cadena ser says Barca made a 40m offer to buy Marcos from PSG .
El Barça ha presentat una oferta de 40M€ per Marquinhos via @La_SER

Trickykid

I won't bash the suggestion, but counter with two other suggestions/speculations:

One, I think Agger will cost the team more than €10M just on name, dealing with LFC and Barca on the other side.

And two, purely speculatory, they might want someone younger now having gotten experience in Mathieu. Agger will turn 30 soon and is already injury riddled.

Danish medias reported a while back that they could let him go for around 10M. Now that I think about it, it was probably pounds, but still not a terrible price. It's pure speculation of course, but if they keep Skrtel, Agger will be surplus to requirements, and just a week or so back, Agger himself admitted that his situation at Pool looked rather bleak. I also don't think they would hold an old favorite like Agger ransom in Liverpool, if they don't really need him.

Yeah, I was thinking the same about the whole age thing. But do we really need more young CBs? I mean, Pique is still fairly young for a CB, and Bartra of course too. Add to that Ié and (more unlikely, I know) Bagnack and the juvenil A duo, and we're suddenly looking at a host of prospects within our own ranks for that position.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Considering right backs, would it be possible to get Seamus Coleman from Everton? He has had a great season. He could easily play that right wingback role that Lucho is looking at Cuadrado for. But of course, there's probably a language barrier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans