Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Would've liked to pursue/consider De Vrij since his price is ridiculously low and he looks to be of the perfect profile. Schar looks interesting and constantly pops up on the 'wanted lists' for Barca CB transfers according to the media but I'll say I don't know anything about him really. The thing is that the only other CB we've been legitimately linked to other than Luiz and Mathieu is Marquinhos.

I like Bartra and he's showing some real ambition now with Lucho and after having tasted some responsibility, he's got room to improve and is on the path to do it. He's at a point where I'd consider his situation when selecting a CB transfer. Marcos is a marquee name for an extremely jacked up price (not like the 4-5m extra we paid for Mathieu) and he's showing nothing that merits so much demand from us (physically inferior, tactically indisciplined, etc.). I liked him a lot more at Roma but I change my mind now, considering all factors it's an unwise investment.

Bertus

Cadena ser says Barca made a 40m offer to buy Marcos from PSG .
El Barça ha presentat una oferta de 40M€ per Marquinhos via @La_SER

popcorn.gif

Bertus

Oh God, here we go again...

Whatever i said to flavia ealier today about Marquinhos and PSG, anything can happen.

PSG is really even more fucked by FFP than people thought here (even I was surprised we had to rely to loans -____- ), so let's see.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

BtQ1ABzCEAAy1Kb.jpg

Sport saying Marquinhos is almost impossible, but if not him, no one else will come. Sigh...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Loic Perrin from St Ettienne should be considered. He's 28 and had a great season. He's primarily a central defender but he can play rightback. He's only 5'11", but he is said to be immense in the air. What's your opinion on him Bertus? After all you are Barcaforum's resident Ligue 1 expert.

Edit: autocorrect is horrible

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Danish medias reported a while back that they could let him go for around 10M. Now that I think about it, it was probably pounds, but still not a terrible price. It's pure speculation of course, but if they keep Skrtel, Agger will be surplus to requirements, and just a week or so back, Agger himself admitted that his situation at Pool looked rather bleak. I also don't think they would hold an old favorite like Agger ransom in Liverpool, if they don't really need him.

Yeah, I was thinking the same about the whole age thing. But do we really need more young CBs? I mean, Pique is still fairly young for a CB, and Bartra of course too. Add to that Ié and (more unlikely, I know) Bagnack and the juvenil A duo, and we're suddenly looking at a host of prospects within our own ranks for that position.

Continuing with the speculations here, :lol:, I think Agger would be the type of player that would require some heavy negotiations for his price from the part of Barca because of all the negative aspects surrounding him (age, injury), they'd need to justify his buy with an agreeable price. I just don't think they would be looking at another dragged negotiation session.
As for the youth, I just think Lucho would be the main driver for a young player. He seems to place a premium on youth, likes to work with young players, and probably wants players in good shape because of the demands he asks of them.

Though under favorable circumstances I guess the player couldn't hurt, but I would place him down the lists of possible targets.

raskolnikov

Marquinhos really is Thiago Silva saga part two.

There are other suitable options, they just need to expand their vision.
However, so far we can actually be pretty pleased about the whole transfer saga, a quality cb and a defensive minded rb and its actually perfect.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well tbh, it's just Sport and MD still harping on about Marcos. We don't actually know what the board itself is doing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Hmm, maybe we should add Nastasic to that list. City signing Mangala means that they might need to sell him due to foreign player limits. He's rated at 15m pounds. Roma, Inter, and Arsenal are said to be interested.

raskolnikov

So how serieus should we still take MD/sport? I see the same rumours popping up by them almost every day, Cuadrado, Matthiue, Marquinhos, Blind etc.

Trickykid

Continuing with the speculations here, :lol:, I think Agger would be the type of player that would require some heavy negotiations for his price from the part of Barca because of all the negative aspects surrounding him (age, injury), they'd need to justify his buy with an agreeable price. I just don't think they would be looking at another dragged negotiation session.
As for the youth, I just think Lucho would be the main driver for a young player. He seems to place a premium on youth, likes to work with young players, and probably wants players in good shape because of the demands he asks of them.

Though under favorable circumstances I guess the player couldn't hurt, but I would place him down the lists of possible targets.

You're probably right that we'd try to negotiate heavily for someone like Agger, but right now it looks like it would be the case for just about any player we'd enquire for.

Anyhow, I really like Agger, who I believe is seriously underrated because of his injury history and consequent dodgy form trying to get back to scratch. If not for those glass legs, he could have been a true world beater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans