Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm not saying Barca should get him, I was just commenting on his game and the skills he exhibited. He had a very good game against Barca, and after doing some research because I confess, he was totally out of my radar, he usually delivers very solid performances.
He played very well against all 3 Spanish bigs so he's definitely not shrinking to the competition.

I also don't know why you're making such a big deal about right footed CBs. Barca haven't had a left footed CB since Gabi Milito I think.

It's a big problem, that bold part...That's where Mascherano has been playing and it's the reason why many left footed CBs have been linked to the club

I like Musacchio and, frankly, I'd like him to get called up for Los Albicelestes (Although it's probably a bit late in the game now) but I think he is no better than Bartra and if the club makes a move for a CB it should tick the boxes the team needs...A ball playing, left sided CB who can tackle, defend and bring the ball up...It's a lot to ask but it has to be someone of that sort of quality

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It's a big problem, that bold part...That's where Mascherano has been playing and it's the reason why many left footed CBs have been linked to the club

I like Musacchio and, frankly, I'd like him to get called up for Los Albicelestes (Although it's probably a bit late in the game now) but I think he is no better than Bartra and if the club makes a move for a CB it should tick the boxes the team needs...A ball playing, left sided CB who can tackle, defend and bring the ball up...It's a lot to ask but it has to be someone of that sort of quality

That's not going to be easy. Someone like that will be either already well established, or highly coveted. I guess Balanta fits that criteria. However IMO Barca needs at least 2 CBs. They've got zero depth, let alone any competition. Right now they've only got 2 dependable CBs.
Good defenders on the cheap should not be overlooked.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
That's true, if Musacchio were indeed going to be cheap, then sure

Who do you like that fits your criteria for Barca? I guess Balanta fits that mold, only his experience is a question. David Luiz can use both feet very well, but he has discipline and concentration issues. Who else is there?

Howes

Balanta/Doria/Dede/Zouma should be our targets. Mangala is expensive and overrated

Zouma is currently serving a 10 match ban for breaking a players leg in a 50/50 tackle. Chelsea are apparently taking a look at him for a January move. It's no real secret that Mourinho wants another defender. Mangala would be £20mil +

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Who do you like that fits your criteria for Barca? I guess Balanta fits that mold, only his experience is a question. David Luiz can use both feet very well, but he has discipline and concentration issues. Who else is there?

I think it's the most significant weakness the team has and has had for a few seasons...It hasn't been addressed partly, I think, because the right/best solution breaks their wage & transfer structure for a defender in T.Silva...Because I think you have to get a veteran since no young central defender coming from a different league much less continent is going to be able to slot in very quickly...All you have to do is look at Barcelona's track record over the last decade in terms of patience and development of a young defensive transfer - they've all been failures...I think you have to invest at least as much time as the club has in both Cesc & Alexis...3 years, even if they aren't playing big minutes...Ship them out to develop at a smaller club if it's needed but good defenders take time to ripen

So you have to go for veterans at this point and a veteran the quality of what Barcelona require?...You're talking only the top 3 or 4 central defenders in the game...Nevermind how expensive they would be, imagine the fight that would be required to unsettle let alone get them to agree to a transfer...Again, T.Silva is a great case in point as they couldn't land him two different times with two different clubs...I keep thinking how much grief United fans give their club over their ridiculous & fruitless pursuit of Fabregas and I feel the Silva pursuit was even worse because they never learned after the first go around...I mean, how could they blow it twice?...Seems like they massively misjudged the player or overestimated their negotiating ability...But that's another topic

Either way, I think they have to pay up to 35-45 million and do it right...Marquinhos would've been an interesting gamble but he too was priced out of what the board wanted, I gather...But it may take that sort of money whether you want Mangala, Zouma or any of the Brasilian studs that have been talked about

I don't like Luiz, actually...I know little of Balanta but it does sound like he could tick a lot of the boxes that are needed, I believe...To boot, Tata knows the Colombian so if he's a legitimate target it's because Martino has confidence in him

Zouma is a possibility but again he's young so you never know what you're getting and it isn't likely to pay off in the short run...Mangala will simply be priced out of our range, Subotic will be impossible to pry away, Sakho couldn't even hold down a starting position at his hometown club, why would he start here and somehow perform better?...Marquinhos seemed the smart move but the board misjudged that one a bit worse than they did the pointless pursuit of T.Silva...From there, you're talking really about gambles and relying on scouting that is somehow aware of a player who none of the scouting reports really talk much about...Maybe the club will get lucky with a lesser known talent who inexplicably excels from the start but it's fairly improbable

I think if Balanta can be bought at a reasonable fee, he's be a worthwhile investment even if he never ended up panning out here - residual value on a stout defender like the Colombian will minimize the risk in the long run

MrKnowitAlll

Balanta/Doria/Dede/Zouma should be our targets. Mangala is expensive and overrated

in my opinion none of these players are actually better than Bartra and if they come they will have to share a place with Bartra.

the way i see it there is no CB , none whatsoever in the world that meets our expetation. If we sign a player we have to trust the management ... a bit like Dante. He wasnt a quality CB but he has evolved. BUT ... defenders , like keepers are needs to be played consistently. You dont see Boateng and Dante changing , or Kompany and Nastastic , Ramos and Varane , Vidic and Jones and Hummels and Subutic changing positions with someone else in th team. We dont need a CB. we have 3 CB's , Barta and Pique starts ( i dont agree with ) and Masch as a sub / replacement. Just like RM who have Ramos and Varane and Pepe as a replacement.

What we need to do is promote one of our youth players to cover with Puyol. We need to wake up and stop dremaing of a CB. That CB is HERE in the shape of Bartra.

Zouma? wtf? he's overrated.
Balanta? ... 24 official games and linked to Barca? mediahype
Dede , had a chance to move to us last summer but choose Cruzerio as he wants to stay.

People will have thier oppinion but at the end of the day the club knows best. And we shouldnt buy a CB becuase some people want a flashy new player.

Cule4life

The Culest
in my opinion none of these players are actually better than Bartra and if they come they will have to share a place with Bartra.

the way i see it there is no CB , none whatsoever in the world that meets our expetation. If we sign a player we have to trust the management ... a bit like Dante. He wasnt a quality CB but he has evolved. BUT ... defenders , like keepers are needs to be played consistently. You dont see Boateng and Dante changing , or Kompany and Nastastic , Ramos and Varane , Vidic and Jones and Hummels and Subutic changing positions with someone else in th team. We dont need a CB. we have 3 CB's , Barta and Pique starts ( i dont agree with ) and Masch as a sub / replacement. Just like RM who have Ramos and Varane and Pepe as a replacement.

What we need to do is promote one of our youth players to cover with Puyol. We need to wake up and stop dremaing of a CB. That CB is HERE in the shape of Bartra.

Dede , had a chance to move to us last summer but choose Cruzerio as he wants to stay.

People will have thier oppinion but at the end of the day the club knows best. And we shouldnt buy a CB becuase some people want a flashy new player.

If you don't think that we need a CB and are content with forever injured puyol and a walking time Bomb Masch then I have nothing further to discuss with you

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think it's the most significant weakness the team has and has had for a few seasons...It hasn't been addressed partly, I think, because the right/best solution breaks their wage & transfer structure for a defender in T.Silva...Because I think you have to get a veteran since no young central defender coming from a different league much less continent is going to be able to slot in very quickly...All you have to do is look at Barcelona's track record over the last decade in terms of patience and development of a young defensive transfer - they've all been failures...I think you have to invest at least as much time as the club has in both Cesc & Alexis...3 years, even if they aren't playing big minutes...Ship them out to develop at a smaller club if it's needed but good defenders take time to ripen

So you have to go for veterans at this point and a veteran the quality of what Barcelona require?...You're talking only the top 3 or 4 central defenders in the game...Nevermind how expensive they would be, imagine the fight that would be required to unsettle let alone get them to agree to a transfer...Again, T.Silva is a great case in point as they couldn't land him two different times with two different clubs...I keep thinking how much grief United fans give their club over their ridiculous & fruitless pursuit of Fabregas and I feel the Silva pursuit was even worse because they never learned after the first go around...I mean, how could they blow it twice?...Seems like they massively misjudged the player or overestimated their negotiating ability...But that's another topic

Either way, I think they have to pay up to 35-45 million and do it right...Marquinhos would've been an interesting gamble but he too was priced out of what the board wanted, I gather...But it may take that sort of money whether you want Mangala, Zouma or any of the Brasilian studs that have been talked about

I don't like Luiz, actually...I know little of Balanta but it does sound like he could tick a lot of the boxes that are needed, I believe...To boot, Tata knows the Colombian so if he's a legitimate target it's because Martino has confidence in him

Zouma is a possibility but again he's young so you never know what you're getting and it isn't likely to pay off in the short run...Mangala will simply be priced out of our range, Subotic will be impossible to pry away, Sakho couldn't even hold down a starting position at his hometown club, why would he start here and somehow perform better?...Marquinhos seemed the smart move but the board misjudged that one a bit worse than they did the pointless pursuit of T.Silva...From there, you're talking really about gambles and relying on scouting that is somehow aware of a player who none of the scouting reports really talk much about...Maybe the club will get lucky with a lesser known talent who inexplicably excels from the start but it's fairly improbable

I think if Balanta can be bought at a reasonable fee, he's be a worthwhile investment even if he never ended up panning out here - residual value on a stout defender like the Colombian will minimize the risk in the long run

I agree with this, which is exactly why I keep saying the club should search and invest in these cheap yet well performing CBs. If history holds truth, they're either incapable or unwilling to land these heavy name CBs, coupled with the fact they have grossly mismanaged the position from a depth standpoint. They have resorted to getting these CDM and attempting to convert them into half time CBs, when all along they should have been investing in young CBs.

Opportunities are there to be had. You have plenty of stock to pull from in South America and you've got plenty of stock to pull from right in your own league or the rest of Europe. If you cannot or do not want to land the 40M+ defender, then spend smaller chucks and acquire a few less known defenders. You've got to do something. You've got to show some sort of vision or at least appear to have some sort of plan. This inactivity and neglect borders on incompetence.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Promote whom? You cannot say "hey, promote someone" without knowing if anyone is ready to be promoted, or if anyone is good enough to be promoted.

Also, people don't want a new CB because they want a "flashy new player." They want one because the team desperately needs help on defense.

I agree with this, which is exactly why I keep saying the club should search and invest in these cheap yet well performing CBs. If history holds truth, they're either incapable or unwilling to land these heavy name CBs, coupled with the fact they have grossly mismanaged the position from a depth standpoint. They have resorted to getting these CDM and attempting to convert them into half time CBs, when all along they should have been investing in young CBs.

Opportunities are there to be had. You have plenty of stock to pull from in South America and you've got plenty of stock to pull from right in your own league or the rest of Europe. If you cannot or do not want to land the 40M+ defender, then spend smaller chucks and acquire a few less known defenders. You've got to do something. You've got to show some sort of vision or at least appear to have some sort of plan. This inactivity and neglect borders on incompetence.

Borders on? :lol:

It's beyond incompetence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans