Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think the transfer aspect is certainly an example of incompetence but why has the club not focused their training on developing defenders as well?...Seems like the central defender is so clearly a vital part of the success of the playing philosophy that this is something we should see more potential from in the cantera - but we don't, not even close...We see decent fullbacks due to their overlapping play in bolstering the attack but fundamentally poor central defenders

Seems like the club should be addressing this better internally as well

serghei

I think the transfer aspect is certainly an example of incompetence but why has the club not focused their training on developing defenders as well?...Seems like the central defender is so clearly a vital part of the success of the playing philosophy that this is something we should see more potential from in the cantera - but we don't, not even close...We see decent fullbacks due to their overlapping play in bolstering the attack but fundamentally poor central defenders

Seems like the club should be addressing this better internally as well

Maybe it's harder to produce good-quality young defenders, than it is to produce midfielders or strikers. That's why we should take good care of Bartra.

FCBarca, what about Agger? He is experienced, wouldn't be that expensive, would fancy a move to Barca, is left footed, is great in the air. He seems to tick all the right boxes.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Because Atletico are a selling club.

They won't be now. We will have to pay release clause of Miranda. Anybody know how much is it?

Miranda is 29 hence not a long term prospect. Also Miranda will not leave in the middle of the season

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Maybe it's harder to produce good-quality young defenders, than it is to produce midfielders or strikers. That's why we should take good care of Bartra.

Perhaps although I remain skeptical, I simply think it's a position that is overlooked in great detail...You could argue that the midfielders that have come out of La Masia are indeed the toughest to replicate around the globe so how have they accomplished that?...I think it has more to do with failing to scout or train defenders in the same manner ball control and attacking is

Bartra should definitely be well taken care of...Someone else, maybe Meta, awhile back pointed out that a good central defender can take years to really develop and right now we have a promising one in Bartra but how good could he become?...He could become great, we don't know yet which is why it would've been a travesty to let this one get away from our own cantera as well

FCBarca, what about Agger? He is experienced, wouldn't be that expensive, would fancy a move to Barca, is left footed, is great in the air. He seems to tick all the right boxes.

Agger is a nice idea in theory but since he can't even hold a starting position over newly acquired Sakho when he's not injured (For someone who is often injured) and is a vice Captain, hard to say why Barcelona would be a good destination...Especially since Liverpool, despite his high wages, will be intent on getting a top fee for his services...His best days may very well be behind him but I'm sure AnfieldEd has a better take on the Dane than me

AfricanBavarian

Idk how trust worthy ********* sources are(probably straight outta their arse)but i thought this was interesting, its tranfer prices including wages and agent fees of last summers top tranfers :eek:

10. James Rodriguez - Porto to Monaco (€83.7m)

9. Gonzalo Higuain - Real Madrid to Napoli (€88.3m)

8. Marquinhos - Roma to PSG (€94.8m)

7. Marouane Fellaini - Everton to Manchester United (€97m)

6. Mario Gotze - Borussia Dortmund to Bayern Munich (€114.2m)

5. Mesut Ozil - Real Madrid to Arsenal (€117.6m)

4. Neymar - Santos to Barcelona (€124m)

3. Edinson Cavani - Napoli to PSG (€148.5m)

2. Radamel Falcao - Atletico Madrid to Monaco (€150.3m)

1. Gareth Bale - Tottenham to Real Madrid (€198.8m)

The Observer

Well, if for Neymar for example you add his wages (7 million?) over 5 years (contract duration) to his € 57 million transfer fee, then you have € 92 million. Add some agent bonuses and it's around € 100 million. Nothing surprising. Just a sensationalist goal article. And they most likely got their numbers wrong anyway, how would they know agent bonuses etc. in such detail to be able to report it up to 0.1 million accuracy.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If we sell Song, which I think and hope will happen in the summer transfer if not earlier, who should we get? Samper is on his way but it will take at least until 15/16 seasons before we can count on him - until than we need cover for DM and a box-box midfielder.

I'm thinking of Matic, but he signed with Benfica until 2018 and will be very expensive - not worth it.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If we sell Song, which I think and hope will happen in the summer transfer if not earlier, who should we get? Samper is on his way but it will take at least until 15/16 seasons before we can count on him - until than we need cover for DM and a box-box midfielder.

I'm thinking of Matic, but he signed with Benfica until 2018 and will be very expensive - not worth it.

15-16 seasons?! He will be retired by then.

DinhoR10

If we buy a real CB (Maybe Agger) Masch is a really good DM so he would be great backup.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
15-16 seasons?! He will be retired by then.

Wut? Who will be retired? Song sucks on DM and CM so we need to sell him asap and sign a backup until Samper is ready (if everything goes as planed). What are you talking about???

F

Flavia

Match against Cartagena showing Barça needs 2 cb's. Masch is abysmal, worse each game. Puyol doesn't seem 100% fit either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans