Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Right now even Luiz is an improvement... Selling Masch to Napoli and getting him wouldn't be bad.

Masch is easily still better than Puyol, sell him in January and you are left with 3 CBs even if you get someone in.

Masch has been poor since his injury but was the best defender in the two Atletico games and was good against Real even if his passing was poor that day.

He still has a lot to offer the squad.

F

Flavia

Masch is easily still better than Puyol, sell him in January and you are left with 3 CBs even if you get someone in.

Masch has been poor since his injury but was the best defender in the two Atletico games and was good against Real even if his passing was poor that day.

I'm not sure about that. Today Masch was worse. Masch shouldn't be counted on anymore, at least until(or if) he gets out of this poor form. Selling him for a better CB would improve the team.

JamDav1982

I'm not sure about that. Today Masch was worse. Masch shouldn't be counted on anymore, at least until(or if) he gets out of this poor form. Selling him for a better CB would improve the team.

He has had some good games and I agree he is in poor form but he is more useful in the second half of the season than Puyol will be who is not only well past his best but possibly not up to it physically anymore.

I cant remember the last time Puyol played well in a big game. For Masch he has done it 2/3 already this season.

People are writing him off too early I think, lets wait and see how Bartra does in a big game first.

mazp

Luiz looked absolutely amazing at the Confederations Cup. He looked absolutely abysmal tonight against Sunderland in the Capital One Cup, so that should help with his asking price.Don't know why he doesn't perform anywhere near as well for club...

IMO, if he can't even hold his own at Chelsea and makes dumb errors, like running forward to attack and not running back to defend, then how do you expect him to perform well at Barca? He will be a combination of all the bad traits from Mascherano and Pique...

Maybe he needs a change of scenery ? Look at Forlan at United was viewed as a clown in the premiership, went to Spain and became World Class with Villareal and Atletico...

Alarcón

He had a horrible positional blunder which almost led to a goal if it wasn't for Khedira being a weak finisher. Plus, he fouled Ronaldo in our penalty area, completely unnecessarily.

DinhoR10

He has had some good games and I agree he is in poor form but he is more useful in the second half of the season than Puyol will be who is not only well past his best but possibly not up to it physically anymore.

I cant remember the last time Puyol played well in a big game. For Masch he has done it 2/3 already this season.

People are writing him off too early I think, lets wait and see how Bartra does in a big game first.

Well Celtic Away without messi could be considered a bigish game since we lost there last time WITH messi, and Bartra owned all comers in that game.

F

Flavia

Best thing is not to wait, and get a cb now. If either one of song or masch need to go for that, I'm fine with any of them leaving. But Masch is the probable candidate, as he won't play dm for Barça.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Based on his recent performances there's no guarantee whatsoever that Mascherano would perform in a big game, though. In fact it looks unlikely. I wouldn't wait either - if Bartra doesn't perform,Mascherano won't be too much of an improvement and Puyol is not to be counted on. Even if Masch turns out to find his form again and work well in defense, there's no need for us to cling on to him. I'd rather we buy a good defender and sell him.

it's a matter of choice

as CB there are pique, masch, puyol, bartra, in midfiel u have Busi, sergi, xavi, song, iniesta, cesc. Puyol is game over, Sergi/bartra needs te develop and song never convinces me in midfield. i would sell Song because masch can play in defense as well as in midfield (definitely against 85% of la liga). Song out, new CB in january and in the summer 14 u need to replace Puyol.

serghei

Puyol is done IMO. He just can't compete at elite level anymore. Mascherano is also a serious liability in the back. Bartra is mainly OK, but his occasional errors may hurt us in knockout fixtures. Pique is our only defender that we can rely on at the moment and even he is known for making errors from time to time. I'd say if this isn't a clear proof we need reinforcements on the back, nothing is. Luiz or Agger, it doesn't matter to me. Bring one of them already. Almost any decent CB on the market is a plus at this point.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
it's a matter of choice

as CB there are pique, masch, puyol, bartra, in midfiel u have Busi, sergi, xavi, song, iniesta, cesc. Puyol is game over, Sergi/bartra needs te develop and song never convinces me in midfield. i would sell Song because masch can play in defense as well as in midfield (definitely against 85% of la liga). Song out, new CB in january and in the summer 14 u need to replace Puyol.

This I agree with!
We also have to consider if Masch is up for being backup DM in the summer, if not than we need to replace him to. Xavi is not getting younger so we need to think about maybe buying a CM/DM.
Another thing we have to consider is our forwards. Atm we have Messi, Pedro, Neymar and Alexis who should all stay - so we only have 4 players for 3 positions (if Tata finally grasps that Cesc is a midfielder and not a striker). Not sure of Delou is up for it yet, and Cuenca is to injury prone + not sure if good enough. Getting a Larsson type of 9 would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans