Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Why does everyone hate Douglas? I haven't seen him play so I can't comment but I am curious as to why nobody rates him on here, you must all watch a lot of S.American football to be convinced of his ability.

Tomchin

Why does everyone hate Douglas? I haven't seen him play so I can't comment but I am curious as to why nobody rates him on here, you must all watch a lot of S.American football to be convinced of his ability.
If 95% of the Brazilians (who watch him on a regular basis) think he's shit, why should we think otherwise?

Sid90

Last edited:

Bertus

But where did they say he was shit, these 95% of Brazilians?

I trust Flavia over the Barca Board Defense Force on this.

When it's about Brazilian players, she knows what she's talking about.

I don't doubt that some people will belittle her opinion even if they don't know Douglas at all, because defending the board is more important that realizing this transfer, as Flavia said, makes no sense.

Sid90

I agree, makes me mad when people attack Alves.

Flavia, she?

Dani and Messi combo made us the force we were from 2008 -12 which was missing to a certain extent last year due to Messi's injury troubles and I think Lucho will help sparkle the greatness again. As for douglas I think he is an understudy for Dani hope he can prove himself with us.

Zincubus

Banned
If 95% of the Brazilians (who watch him on a regular basis) think he's shit, why should we think otherwise?

Ex Barca and ex Brazil legend Edmilsonn is raving about Douglas on Twitter currently ..... reckons he will be the next international RB for the forthcoming competitions ...

Kerrybai

More like: great midfielder, great young GK, star forward, one decent but old and expensive CB, one injury prone meh CB, and one GK who's pretty meh for his price (still better than Pinto though). And, of course, random Brazilian league RB who nobody rates besides our "scouts".

Somehow I still view our transfer window as a success though. If only because of Rakitic, Ter Stegen, Suarez and the fact that we didn't completely ignore the CB issue for once. Maybe my standards are low because of how bad we usually are at transfers...

It doesn't matter that Mathieu is old. We needed a good centre back for now, no the future. Also Vermaelen was very good at Arsenal before his injuries...and we all know that Arsenal players always get injured, at Barca we take care of our players well so I don't expect him to remain injury prone.

I trust Flavia over the Barca Board Defense Force on this.

When it's about Brazilian players, she knows what she's talking about.

I don't doubt that some people will belittle her opinion even if they don't know Douglas at all, because defending the board is more important that realizing this transfer, as Flavia said, makes no sense.

This. And she's not the only Brazilian who doesn't rate him. Hardly anyone who follows the Brazilian league does. If most people who follow the Brazilian league say he's shit, we have no reason to believe otherwise.

Tomchin

Ex Barca and ex Brazil legend Edmilsonn is raving about Douglas on Twitter currently ..... reckons he will be the next international RB for the forthcoming competitions ...
No he wasn't. I read that interview of Edmilson yesterday, he wasn't that extatic about Douglas at all, even said that Douglas was quite limited technically current.

He apparently also said that Douglas could be Brazil's RB in 2018 because Alves and Maicon will already have retired by then, but that's a big if, when Douglas will have to compete with talents like Danilo etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona have not yet decided they won't sign any more players this summer. They keep on monitoring the market. [el pais]

It is safe to conclude that our transfer window is officially over. Nothing will happen in a matter of three days.

LM10

i know a couple of SPFC fans and they had a good laugh when they heard barcelona were interested in douglas. they thought the editor got the name wrong and it was supposed to be Caio.

they'll rather have a player that can't play RB play RB instead of having douglas at RB :lol:

\

Zincubus

Banned
L
No he wasn't. I read that interview of Edmilson yesterday, he wasn't that extatic about Douglas at all, even said that Douglas was quite limited technically current.

He apparently also said that Douglas could be Brazil's RB in 2018 because Alves and Maicon will already have retired by then, but that's a big if, when Douglas will have to compete with talents like Danilo etc.

I can only comment on the excerpts I saw on Twitter and they were all positive .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans