Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said he's rated highly and a very great player, but I'm not sure what kind of playing time he'd see at Barca with several people ahead of him in the pecking order. If Mascherano leaves in the summer and Puyol retires, he'd get enough chances to play and develop but otherwise it's difficult to have trust over those players at such a young age. He's like Pique in style except with more tenacity, speed, and aerial ability. Easily capable of being classified in the same tier as Bartra and Varane although I think his potential is slightly less than the latter's.

Who would you say is better right now, him or Bartra?

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Who would you say is better right now, him or Bartra?

Both have the same upside, bringing immense stability to the back line and being great on the ball. Laporte is better aerially but does commit errors occasionally that show his age (not monumental ones though). I'd give it to Bartra at the moment but do remember that he's almost 23 while Laporte is only 19 and can refine his game a lot. Both are great prospects and capable of being world class.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
At the moment, Laporte has played 7 more games this season than Bartra. Bartra's passing is better, but Laporte wins more aerial duels than him. They make the same number of tackles per game. Bartra makes more interceptions on average, and Laporte makes more clearances per game. Laporte has also played a couple games as left back. This is all from their whoscored data. Based on that I'd say the two are about even. I will also add that, according to this data, Musacchio is on par with Laporte's stats.

But from the games I've seen personally, I would give the edge to Laporte right now. However, that could change if Tata decides to drop Masche for Bartra more often.

If we were to get 2/3 of Musacchio, Laporte, Benatia and we were to sell either Song or Masche, then our defense would be set for the next 7-8 years.

Last edited:

Alarcón

Laporte is too young to be trusted at the moment. The way I see it, our best option in January would be Musacchio, he's a great defender, not too expensive and not cup-tied.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Laporte is too young to be trusted at the moment. The way I see it, our best option in January would be Musacchio, he's a great defender, not too expensive and not cup-tied.

None of the three that I mentioned (Benatia, Laporte, Musacchio) are cup-tied. But I'd agree with you that our first option should be Musacchio especially since he is yet to renew his contract that runs out this summer. Also if we were indeed going to get Laporte, I would leave him on loan at least until the summer when Mascherano goes to Napoli and Puyol hangs up his boots.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Which of the three tall bastards? :)

Benatia's 6'3", Laporte's 6'2", and Musacchio's 6'0".

Laporte along with Bartra, and Rodrigo Tarin/Bagnack would be a defense to keep an eye on in the future.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Which of the three tall bastards? :)

Benatia's 6'3", Laporte's 6'2", and Musacchio's 6'0".

Laporte along with Bartra, and Rodrigo Tarin/Bagnack would be a defense to keep an eye on in the future.

Bagnack has been very poor with the B team to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans