Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

abual3bed1

I wouldn't be sure there Galning. Zubi, Reina and some Liverpool sources have been talking about Reina's option for too long now. Maybe a 1-2 year deal max.

Cule4life

The Culest
This is zubi we are talking about people. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I wouldn't be shocked if we only got Reina

F

Flavia

Marca is saying Barça is trying to sign Courtois.
Supposedly he also wants to join, and chelsea would accept to sell, and they're asking 20m for him.

This seem too good to be true, though.

Irish_Cules

Marca is saying Barça is trying to sign Courtois.
Supposedly he also wants to join, and chelsea would accept to sell, and they're asking 20m for him.

This seem too good to be true, though.

Barcastuff posted a link to that article as well but they said that Chelsea would be willing to sell to Atletico. They don't want to sell to Barca though.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm sorry why are we trying to get rid of Tata? He's doing a great job and the players are united behind him.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So according to El Correo, we are in for Athletic Bilbao's young centerback, Aymeric Laporte. He's 19 years old, tall, strong, and is left footed. I also think he played against us in the match against them. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
So according to El Correo, we are in for Athletic Bilbao's young centerback, Aymeric Laporte. He's 19 years old, tall, strong, and is left footed. I also think he played against us in the match against them. What do you guys think?

I don't really know anything about him, but I remember someone on here saying that he's the best French CB prospect except maybe Varane. Better than Zouma, Mangala, etc.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Anyone who is good at defending a ball is good enough for us ATM

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't really know anything about him, but I remember someone on here saying that he's the best French CB prospect except maybe Varane. Better than Zouma, Mangala, etc.

He's a starter for Bilbao and has played really, really well this season. So the only thing that seems to be in the way is that he just signed a new 5 year contract with a £30 million buyout clause.

I'd probably go for Musacchio because his contract is almost out, but I would rather get someone like Laporte over Balanta, who, IMO, would be a big risk like Henrique was.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

I've said he's rated highly and a very great player, but I'm not sure what kind of playing time he'd see at Barca with several people ahead of him in the pecking order. If Mascherano leaves in the summer and Puyol retires, he'd get enough chances to play and develop but otherwise it's difficult to have trust over those players at such a young age. He's like Pique in style except with more tenacity, speed, and aerial ability. Easily capable of being classified in the same tier as Bartra and Varane although I think his potential is slightly less than the latter's.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I've said he's rated highly and a very great player, but I'm not sure what kind of playing time he'd see at Barca with several people ahead of him in the pecking order. If Mascherano leaves in the summer and Puyol retires, he'd get enough chances to play and develop but otherwise it's difficult to have trust over those players at such a young age. He's like Pique in style except with more tenacity, speed, and aerial ability. Easily capable of being classified in the same tier as Bartra and Varane although I think his potential is slightly less than the latter's.

With Puyol's career, sadly, looking like it will end soon, I think we can afford to buy Musacchio and Laporte, and then give Laporte to Athletic on loan for the rest of the season. So at the beginning of next season, we'd have 4 centerbacks. Bartra, Pique, Laporte, and Musacchio. And all of them would add height to our team too.

Last edited:

barca1899

Barcelona, who won't sign anyone during the upcoming January transfer window, plan to buy 4 or 5 players next summer. [sport] :VdB:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans